Is This Daybreak Email Legit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EQOAnostalgia, Nov 9, 2016.

1. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Wondering if this is legit, seems kind of odd.

[IMG]
  2. YellowBelly Augur

I wouldn't trust it.
    EQOAnostalgia likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

They do seem to be a marketing intern at Daybreak Games, and the shown IP looks to come from a SOE (Daybreak Games) owned server

The phone # seems to be from San Diego too (which I believe they are located)
  4. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Any staff members know about this? Not sure if i'm asking in the right place. I mean i'm all about free stuff lol, but i'm also aware of fraud lol, it's kind of an issue in current year.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. Razorfall Augur

Meanwhile all I get is a "Don't Miss YOUR Chance to Pre-Order" EoK email
  7. Riou EQResource

Believe these were sent to Fan Sites / people with EQ/EQ2 youtube (probably also twitch) main channels and such. Likely to show them off when received to spread more word about the Expansions :p
  8. EQOAnostalgia Elder

Maybe, but my channel is quite small.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't have a site/channel or whatever and all I got was the email today to pre order. BUT if I had got the email for a gift then you can bet I would have appreciated it. And posted about it. And loved it. And fed it. :D
  10. Roxxanna Augur

I don't know......that name seems fishy
    Rorce, Roxxly, Raytan and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

What does the header information say? Does it come from daybreak.com or something close to that? I agree that it seems fishy though.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

This is a legit email, coming from one of our employee's work email accounts.

Roxanne is part of our marketing team, and she's been reaching out to a very small group of EQ & EQ2 players.
    Gin97, Aghinem, Rorce and 1 other person like this.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

I run an EQ YouTube channel and haven't gotten anything cool like that. I guess I'm not special.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

We all think you're special.
  15. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I do EQ/EQ2 related stuff and I didn't get squat. Lucky you!
  16. Aghinem Augur

Whenever in doubt; always check the email header. It will show the true origin of where an email comes from.
  17. EQOAnostalgia Elder

:)

Wasn't sure if it can be faked. I guess i'm just paranoid since idk much about how scams work. But hear a lot about them happening.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Goranothos Augur

Sure you're special, just like everyone else. ;)
  19. Riou EQResource

I received mine as well, everyone got the same stuff it looks like :), image is from EQ2Wires twitter with what was inside[IMG]
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The book and mug are cool but I don't understand why EQ 2 takes so much prominence over EQ. Does it make more money or is just the devs really favor it that much more than EQ?