Test Update 10/12/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2016.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. mulila Elder

3. Bloodstalker New Member

Unbridled strike of fear AA

Unbridled strike of fear AA not working on test server since last patch

• Steps to Reproduce:
      click the Unbridled strike of fear AA for Shadow Knights
    • Current Behaviour:
      countdown timer begins, but AA has no effect on mobs
    • Normal Behaviour:
      countdown timer begins and mob gets knocks back a little
    • Repeatability:
      100%
  4. Toky New Member

Found an unusual bug that I suspect is causing crashes. I'm getting gear for my lowbie rogue by taking her to oldschool raid zones and events. No problem at first until I noticed her crashing very frequently. Every zone in, sometimes when idle, when someone casts a spell.

Took a look at her expedition log and found this
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Note the one for 6M has expired and is no longer in my log. However, the one with 13 thousand days is still there (unsurprisingly)

None of my other characters has this in their logs, just this one character.

Update: Going through the rest of what I can of Crystallos just to test what happens after I finish more events. Beat another event and saw this:
    [IMG] So the 6M event never really left my log as I had thought and hoped.

Update: Looking at her log, I see that Aerius Windfury, Ice Constructs, and Zeixshi-Kar of Crystallos are not in her log, despite doing those last night. My other characters are locked out of those events and properly have them in their log.
  5. Lillola Lorekeeper

Logged in this morning to continue working on the Halloween quest "Scarecrow Roundup" in West Karana however there are no crazed scarecrows anywhere. Brought my tracker over to see if they had been moved (which wouldn't make any sense since the corral they need to be caught in is in one spot). Since this is a Halloween quest, and it's not Halloween yet, the scarecrows should still be here. I wasn't having much luck the last few times I tried to corral them, either. I've done the "Carry the Torch" quest, and when I poke them with the pitchfork they will run and emote properly, however if I do get them into the corral they will stay there 5-8 seconds then jump out. I've corralled 3 out of 10, and have not been able to get quest updates since. Two other characters have completed this quest without any issues so I know what I need to do but this quest seems to be having problems now.

LOL I just tried to camp and both Rongol and Anderia attacked and were promptly killed by my damage shield. What's up with that? I had just been standing right next to them (I was not invisible) and they didn't seem to mind at all. Since when do quest NPCs attack without provocation? I think this zone is broken.
  6. Lillola Lorekeeper

I just ran my tracker on Live server over to West Karana, and all of the crazed scarecrows are there. Rongol and Anderia didn't mind my being there at all. I'm wondering if this "Nights of the Dead" quest has been removed from Test?
  7. Slippry Augur

Test's event calendar is offset from live by about two weeks. Events go up two weeks earlier then they start on Live, and end two weeks before the event ends on Live.
  8. Lillola Lorekeeper

Thank you for your reply, Slippry. I had an idea that this is what might have happened but was hoping I was incorrect. This will be good to know for upcoming holiday quests.
  9. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

The percentage-based mechanics for Terris Thule in PoNightmareB are completely inoperative.
  10. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

On a mount, one can glitch their way through the door into Aerin'Dar's room in PoValor.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

So we haven't gotten an alert for nor have the NPCs spawned for Nights of The Dead on Test. Are we getting skipped this year?
  12. Bloodstalker New Member

11/6/16 2 am EST where is test server? not seeing it on the server select screen, just... blank.
  13. Bloodstalker New Member

this has been an issue for a long time on many doors in many zones useing mounts, illusions and heck, some doors you can just walk in to it and hit the duck key a couple times and get through...
  14. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

unable to connect to test.
    saturday evening it had some pop up box and wouldnt let you connect (forget what it said).
    sunday morning the server isnt even visible on the server connect screen.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I'm aware. But look where that got us on Phinny with Ssra. Instances were shut down for days because of this. I'd rather it be identified and rectified now instead of us missing out on PoP content when it's discovered that guilds are exploiting this.
  16. Duskincense Journeyman

cannot log in test server. server selection screen is empty and button "play everquest!" is gray out, so is quick connect button.
  17. Bloodstalker New Member

i see where you're going with this, however stuff like this are better addressed in:::: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500
  18. Ace7 New Member

Test server select screen is still blank, play button and quick connect are gray because of course test doesn't show up on screen. This has now been going on since 1am central time 11/6 and its now 10pm central time 11/6. can you at least let us know that you are aware of the problem and are working on it?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Bloodstalker New Member

been going on all weekend, nobody home in the office, nobody to know about the issue, nobody to work on it, they fired all those people that used to get things fixed shortly after it happened...
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yes I'm aware of the dgctracker page. I've submitted bugs there before. In fact - I submitted the duplicate mob spawn issue about a month and a half before Luclin launched and it never got addressed there. I'm pretty sure it still doesn't show any response.

If you're suggesting that I submit bugs there - then I suppose I don't understand the point of these threads. Is it not to establish visibility on tested bug issues? Or are you just trying to prove a point or be right about something? Regardless - I intend to establish a TLP bug thread in the TLP forums as well as posting bugs here and submitting them on the dgcissuetracker site. The more visibility we get on these bugs the more likely they will be addressed. Rectifying them AFTER applicable xpacs launch is not the ideal approach IMHO.