Character missing - for the fourth time

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cadres, Oct 21, 2016.

1. cadres Augur

OK this is getting both silly and very annoying.
    My toon first went missing mid July. Just missing from char select - other alts still there.
    It took almost 3 weeks to get it back
    Then a couple of weeks later it's missing again - this time fixed in 2 days (after petitioning etc)
    Then three weeks later missing again - this time it takes a week to restore it. That was less than a month ago - and now she's missing again.
    Each time she goes missing, it's after a patch.
    Each time I ask why and am told obscure reasons (unintended consequence of something)
    I'm a fully paid up person and haven't been able to play properly since the summer.
    I want to know what's happening and what's being done to stop this keep happening. Right now I'm a very unreliable guildy/player and I'm not happy
  2. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Yeah... just had this happen two weeks ago, one lone character not showing up at character select. I petitioned then, and a week later it was restored. The first time logging onto Live servers since the last patch, just today, and the same character is missing again. At least it's not my main but come on already.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would have to agree that at this point it is getting silly. They need to find some way to fix the issue permanently.
  4. cadres Augur

Three days and still no reply or return of missing mage. What am I paying for here? I mean really? Is there anything at all I can do to move this along?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know it is no consolation but I think this is a part of a bigger problem with their database. Hopefully they at least update everyone affected by these problems though a communication to everyone would be better.
  6. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Logged in today and my missing character was again restored. Until next time!
  7. chronicler Augur

Logged in today, and have a character missing.
  8. Behee Augur

I sure hope the patch today resolves the missing characters and deleted guilds issue. All we can do is hope. :)
  9. Findawenye Journeyman

Quick fix that has worked for many others... log in to a different server and then come back and the character reappears.
  10. cadres Augur

So my character was restored.
    For not enough time to actually play - one day.
    Now missing again!!
    This is ludicrous
    This is the fifth time
  11. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Third for me, another petition pending...

Tried that, didn't work. Did the eqgame.exe delete, didn't work. I'm too stubborn to want to walk away from this game, so a permanent solution to this would be most wonderfully rewarding please and thank you.