planar progression

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mulila, Oct 16, 2016.

1. mulila Elder

ok i go to the seer in PoK and she spews a bunch of stuff:

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You say, 'guided meditation'
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    [------bunch deleted to save space----]

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Tallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

so I need to go say "new lore" and "new information" to the Maelin the grand libarian

[Sat Oct 15 15:13:39 2016] Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'

NO character flags No nothing, keeps spewing that above line no mater what.

Any advice on how to bypass this little problem, without the flaggs from Maelin I am kinda stuck.
  2. mulila Elder

I forgot to post, I am trying to get the aid grimel tasks done, he won't let me past #4 unless i can figure this problem out. to the best of my knowledge I have already killed or done all the other hails needed.
  3. Uuvin Augur

I go to http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2638 to loook up anything I am asked for planar progression. From that, you can see :

The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.

Defeated Vallon Zek and hailed Planar Projection (disappears after you get MM/Saryrn/TZ/VZ and talk with Librarian).

(same for Tallon)

Then you see :

The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.

Completed Saryrn and Mithaniel Marr flag lines and hailed Grand Librarian Maelin. Grummus, Terris Thule, Bertoxxulous, Keeper of Sorrows, Saryrn, Halls of Honor trials, Mithaniel Marr, and all preflagging completed.

also:

Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.

Rallos Zek and Agnarr flags completed. Have access to Planes of Air, Earth (A), and Water.

this all seems incompatible, but then I checked :

You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

Xanamech Nezmirthafen killed and Nitram Anizok hailed. You have access to the Plane of Innovation factory (not required for progression).

This means that maybe you didn't complete the MB flag/ drunder pre-flag and your TZ and VZ flags may not be completed. you should go back to POI and talk to Giwin Mirakon and say "I will test the machine" and see if that fixes things. you can also try saying "what lore" and "what information" to the librarian.
  4. Qillaan New Member

mulila, Can you post the entire response you get when saying "guided meditation" to the Seer in PoK. Please copy it directly as it is in the log file.

Also, did you try saying "unlock memories" until you get "You manage to recover some images from your childhood, but no recent events spark a memory"

Thanks.
  5. mulila Elder

Uuvin i tried saying "new lore" and "new information" to the maelin, and all he keeps doing is spewing that stuff about elemental planes.

Qiliaan here ya go,
    [Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] You say, 'unlock memories'
    [Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spirit.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] Your heart beat speeds as you recall the Warlord's flaming axe, behind the dark sockets of his helm you sense darker intentions.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You say, 'guided meditation'
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Tylis has been removed from his agony.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Jiva's strength fills your body.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Tallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

the undeleted version, again all I see is the "new lore" "new information" to the maelin guy for the charater flag and he WILL NOT respond to anything just says his little speech about the elemental plane
  6. Qillaan New Member

It looks like the problem is in the Tactics Chain. ill see what I can find out
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

Killed the Behemoth in Plane of innovation?

If so, done all of its associated pre and post flagging? You also need to hail the little gnome in POI and plane of tactics to complete tactics flags.

IMO its best to do ALL the planar progression before starting aid grimmel. Solusek and RZ included.
  8. Qillaan New Member

try this....Say to Giwin Mirakon, "I will test the machine. He is in the Factory in Plane of Innovation. it looks like the Behemoth preflag is missing. After doing that, you may need to make several trips between the Librarian and Seer. you need to do the New Lore/ I have new information and Unlock Memories/Guided Meditation. if that doesn't work, ill try looking further
  9. mulila Elder

i have already said "i will test the machine" to giwin, again the problem i am facing is I try to tell maelin on the top floor of the libary "new lore" or "new information" he ignores me and says
    [Sat Oct 15 15:13:39 2016] Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'

I was hoping the bug fixers would see this post and maybe help with the coding, I did petition it and they told me not much they can do.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had an issue similar to yours with my flags. Following the "Planar Progression" walk thru on Zam didn't help until I realized that it's not listing the right things to say to Maelin. Go back to him, hail him, say "what lore" and then "what information". For some reason, it's different from what's on the writeup. I got a new character flag from this, went back to the seer, said "unlock memories" about half a dozen times and saw my flags get sorted correctly this time.

This worked for me on 2 characters. Hopefully it'll work for you.
  11. Uuvin Augur

I was clear, but I think you missed it. I said to try saying 'what lore' and ' what information' to the grand librarian. you keep saying you already said ' new lore' and ' new information'. Check me on this please: "new" and "what" are different words.

Maelin tells you, 'Welcome back my friends. I assure you that I have been studying the Cipher of Druzzil very diligently. Did you happen to find any lore or information that I could look at?'

You say, 'what lore'

Maelin tells you, 'A parchment of Rallos'? Let me read it, it says that Rallos was not alone in his feelings about mortals. Solusek Ro also holds stake in the war to be led on Norrath. Not only this but he is channeling power from his father's plane into his own. He is taking that power and intensifying it through an artifact of great power, and then focusing it onto one point. It is a detailed as a crystal that burns with all the powers of the plane of fire. It is said to have the ability to turn the face of Norrath into a charred wasteland. They plan for a manaetic behemoth to carry and deposit it upon Norrath. You must stop these plans, you must stop Solusek!'

You say, 'what information'

Maelin tells you, 'There is no way to escape from the prison that is The Plane of Time. I am sorry but your quest for information ends here. Time is something that none of us can escape. That is however.. back when my explorations of the Planes were more common, I would travel searching for knowledge and lore to bring back to Tanaan. I stumbled into the Plane of Innovation. It was a great marvel to see indeed. I found the creator of all things mechanical. Meldrath the Marvelous was a kind and just gnome. We spent many weeks together discussing all of his devices. This included a machine that would allow you to open a tear into a period of time and enter into that time. The machine was more of a flight of whimsy though as the power necessary to power such a machine was enormous. He jokingly equated needing the very essence of the elements to power it.'

Maelin takes a deep breath and continues, 'I can see now that he was not joking at all. Let us suppose that you travelers could venture into the Elemental Planes and retrieve this essence; and form it into one powerful conglomeration. You could open a tear into the period of time before Zebuxoruk was imprisoned. There is no way you can free him from his stasis now, but if you were to halt the Pantheon at the time of imprisonment. Hah! It could work I do believe. Forgive me, but my old gnomish heart is alive with the excitement of possibilities. Gather up your strength friends, travel into the deep elements. You will need all of your wits about you. Find the very essence of the elementals, and fuse them into one. How to combine them I do not know, and can only wish you luck on finding that information. If you can accomplish this please come get me. I would like to record the events as they take place!'

You have received a character flag!

just try it . also saying " I have information" at one point continues dialogue as well.
  12. Harris Augur

Back when I did my progression thru PoP I used PoP Flag Parser.
    it worked really well it uses the log file info that the Seer responds to the 2 things you say to her. it tells you what you need to do and what has been done. well up to Elemental Planes.

I found it easier to clear my log file then /log on and say the 2 phrases and then /log off each time I used it.

http://www.fileplanet.com/159017/150000/fileinfo/Everquest---Pop-Flag-Parser
  13. mulila Elder

I tried it Uuvin, didn't change but thanks for the suggestion

[Mon Oct 17 18:10:45 2016] You say, 'Hail, Grand Librarian Maelin'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:10:46 2016] Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:10:51 2016] You say, 'what lore'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:10:51 2016] Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:10:58 2016] You say, 'what information'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:10:59 2016] Maelin tells you, 'As I have told you, you must retrieve the elemental essence from each elemental plane so that we can activate the machine in the Plane of Innovation that will open a portal into the shard of time that Zebuxoruk is held.'
  14. mulila Elder

Harris I downloaded and ran the parser, the only 2 things unchecked were Plane of Fire and Plane of Time, and there was nothing in the To Do: area =(

I want to progress my aid grimel tasks, yet stuck getting #5

[Mon Oct 17 18:33:36 2016] You say, 'i am skilled with the needle'
    [Mon Oct 17 18:33:36 2016] Aid Grimel says 'Your knowledge of the Planes is impressive, however you still have much to learn.'
  15. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Talk with the drake outside pofire zone, i think he hands out some pre-flag that's not showing up on the lists for some reason...
  16. mulila Elder

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.

Miak is the name of the red drake, that is the pre-flag for tower of sol ro
  17. Harris Augur

Go to Seer and spam "Unlock Memories" and "Guided Meditation." She only unscrambles one flag each time you tell her that, so you may have to spam it several times or until you see "You manage to recover some images from your childhood, but no recent events spark a memory".Then then go back to Grand Librarian Maelin "I have new information" and "I have new lore" repeatedly until he doesn't tell you anything new.. it is the only thing I could find. I read a person had to go back and forth 2 times spamming them.
    the problem is this
    Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spirit.
    - Have killed Solusek Ro but the Tactics chain is not complete

The pack of notes from Tallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    - Defeated Tallon Zek (disappears after you get MM/Saryrn/TZ/VZ and talk with Librarian)
    The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
    - Defeated Vallon Zek (disappears after you get MM/Saryrn/TZ/VZ and talk with Librarian)
    Good luck, I know it is a PITA to do, trust me I was a Guild leader during PoP.
  18. Bamkan Augur

Hi, you are on Aid Grimel #5
    Did you zone to pofire from Sol Ro's room after killing and hailing the planar projection?
    If you think you did this step correctly, then my suggestion is to do the Alt Sol Ro access quest here, which is very quick and just requires killing the Efreeti in WW, and then trying.
  19. Utdaan Augur

What is your unmodified Tailoring? It must be 220+ without any mods.
  20. mulila Elder

Bamkam
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Jiva's strength fills your body.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
    these are the 5 mini that u need to kill to get access to Sol Ro's room I'll try the alt acccess just in case

Utdaan
    I have 300 with full evolved trophy in baking, brewing, fletching, jewelerycraft, pottery.smithing, and tailoring. My hybrid research is 300 with a 6/7 trophy