Empires of Kunark Livestream: Thurs, Oct 6 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straps New Member

8 new raids?! The 10 raids in TBM was not enough! *sigh*
  2. Zaph Augur

Disappointing LOW amount of raids, TBM got pretty unbearable after a few months, and we are getting even less !

And whos idea was it to stream on facebook instead of Twitch, the compression on there took me back to original Kunark for how awful the resolution and bitrate was
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. segap Augur

Didn't watch the stream, so no idea what they hyped there... But, the fact that they are extolling "New Collections - For those who love to find and seek, there will be 24 new Collections to complete." as one of the four major Expansion Features on the purchase page does not bode well.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Kunon Augur

No new level, but over 10K (yes 10,000) to max out AAs for most classes.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Can we watch a replay of the live stream yet? I missed the stream due to Facebook not cooperating but from what I've heard so far it's pretty underwhelming.
  6. Risiko Augur

If you click on the link to the Facebook stream on this thread, you can watch the stream again from the start.

I'm not sure what people are complaining about. The zones they showed looked good. I really liked the look of the new Chardok zone. It's really a very nice reinvisioning of that zone graphically without getting rid of the familiar layout.

Also, the fact that you can now have a familiar AND a pet out at the same time is a nice touch.
    BarbieGirl likes this.
  7. segap Augur

I pray they're adding UI options to hide familiars. The last thing I want to see is hoards of annoying familiars.
  8. Tanols Augur

[QUOTE The zones they showed looked good.][/QUOTE]
    Appearances are meaningless without substance/content to support them.
  9. Makavien Augur

I didn't hear it mentioned . Is faction in chardok going to be relevant and will us who are still ally to chardok have a new ring to work on ? Because if there is 0 faction in this expansion like there was in Reign of fear ntov / kael remake than why even bother remaking them ?
  10. BarbieGirl New Member

Armored Frontier Rhinoceros Mount .....I can't wait to have this....Bridle of Queen Velazul's Sokokar....and this....Succulent Familiar...and this!! OMG can't wait to go back to Kunark! Frontier Mountains here I come! Love it Love it! The zones looked great, the lore seemed to flow correctly, and there are missions and collections, AA's, Spells....so I'm excited. Didn't buy the last expansion...but I'm really looking forward to this one. Finally, another expansion that will "feel" like EQ to me. I started in 1999 with Original EQ...so I really love going back to the old world zones & lore. Not going to listen to any negativity...just going to buy the premium edition and enjoy my goodies and the new expansion with hubby and friends. I have a very dependable group so I just can't wait!.....We play other games...but we are coming back to EQ for this expansion!! I mean...it's Kunark! :) Been a while since we were excited about EQ! It's a good feeling.
    Oh, yeah, on a side note....they actually gave some good info on this stream instead of looking at each other and giggling and floundering like they are clueless. They showed the zones, items, and the work they had done. I was pleasantly surprised by that fact. Maybe having those resources coming back to EQ from the waste of time that was EQ Next is going to provide some fun for EQ.
  11. Makavien Augur

I again have to ask developers did you forget about some of the most iconic things in kunark ? The overthere hammer (faction related) . The howling stones . The mini raids in Skyfire for ancient spells . Faction for the chardok ring and to get raids to the royals easier . Droga and Nurga stuff. The ethereal bladed naginata (added in velious also faction and tradeskill related) . Sebilis and Veeshan's Peak ! Without all this stuff it is not a kunark themed expansion.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Revisiting a theme isn't remaking. Those things were then. New things are now.
    Kunon and Malidan like this.
  13. Malidan New Member

This is stupid you have to pre order Empires of Kunark to play the beta. What if you don't like it??
  14. Jaylin Augur

Devils advocate... but a beta is not for you to play and see if you like it... thats called a trial. Beta is designed to test the stuff and make sure it works before it is released. Most people are going to get the expansion regardless, log in once to beta to see the vendors/aa and then never help do any part of beta.

Now i do agree that i'm not a fan of the pay to beta test thing. They really should have kept it as it was and let paying members ask to join to beta.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Makavien Augur

But they are remaking the combine empire and chardok why not actually use the iconic things from those themes ? It will still hold less value with things that don't even make sense to some. Some of us are ally to chardok and have been for 14 years and now all of a sudden they are our enemy ?
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Most guilds I know including us was only doing 8 raids out of 10. RoI was rarely doing Health some other was just doing Tier 3 raids... Now why do 10 raids if most guilds dont even clear them on a regular basis? If someone is to blame is us.
  17. segap Augur

Or blame the devs for making a raid as asinine as Stem the Tide?
    Xeladom and Zaph like this.
  18. Zaph Augur

In almost 17 years raiding, that has to be one of the least enjoyable events, but I love Grummus !
  19. Kindaaniel Journeyman

Hi Zaph, long time no see.
  20. Brohg Augur

God forbid the occasional event not be a walk-over
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.