Empires of Kunark Livestream: Thurs, Oct 6 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espiritun Augur

is it really AA "advancement" when they gut the abilities right before the expansion and then make you earn their power back?
  2. Haste Lorekeeper

There isn't going to be a level increase...and will probably only be 4 zones or so with most of them being rehashed.

I'm guessing the reason for the Facebook stream is that it'll be done using a cell phone instead of an actual camera. DBG isn't SoE....it's an indie development company now~
    Kravitz and Dragon Jockey like this.
  3. Llyweilun Journeyman

Well even if they use a cell phone that would be okay for me - if they do it well. Lots of vey creative YouTube Videos around that Show it can be done.

I am not sure that DBG is what can be considered a "indie- developer". Most of those that i have read about or used their products were pretty invested in it. And they made up for lack of funds with a high emotional Investment and a "we-care" factor (maybe due to the fact that their product had to generate the cash that covered their pay-checks).

DBG on the other Hand seems to be inbetween chairs (the worst place to be). Too big to be indie and too small to be large. It is my Impression they have a lot of "in-the-Company" stuff to do before they begin to operate somewhat smoothly.

The EQ lore part: When i was bored at work (or actually: helpless ) i thought it would be fun to read up on that. As for large parts of my eq-life i just consumed and raced to the top without even reading quest descriptions. Long Story cut short: i found it amazingly difficult to find something on that Topic. Some fragments here and there but nothing as comprehensive as i would have imagined. So it might be hard for fresh programmers and developers to get a good foot-hold in the product.
  4. ShadowMan Augur

I just hope they finally remove gnomes and rangers from the game already.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

I think they are actually hurting themselves by not having stronger ftp restrictions. This is why you see so many ftp bots running 24/7 scripts.
    Llyweilun likes this.
  6. Llyweilun Journeyman

I agree with Ghubuk.
    Now do not misunderstand: i am all for Ftp (Returning Players, time limited Players etc.)
    However the way it is now begs for abuse. No idea how to Change that though. Maybe Limit FTP to 1 per credit Card number ?
  7. Haste Lorekeeper

8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They could but it would be a waste of time. None of them have any say, control over or had anything whatsoever to do with that bad decision. That would be upper management who never communicates with any of us and couldn't care less about you, me or any other player. All we are to them is numbers on a spreadsheet.
  9. Fnyanea Augur

No level increase is good! If there is gonna be a level increase, it would need to be a big expansion, and we all know its not going to be...

Arguing that level increase makes expansion take longer isn't a good argument anyway. Only takes a few days or a week maximum to get those 5 levels, then you are in the same boat as if there was no lv change.
  10. Endless Augur

Not exactly. TBM, TDS and well....everything else, will still con the same instead of be lower level.

I am expecting though that the spells, AA's and gear from Empire of Kunark will be a huge increase in power to my characters and not just a slightly different version of the same gear from TDS/TBM.

I want to romp through older content easily...as if I were in that contents raid gear. Or something around there.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. p2aa Augur

Small difference between TDS and TBM gear ? This has been a massive difference between the 2 with the big heroic of type 5 augs and AC/HP of type 9 augs for group gear.
    For the first time since a while, the current group gear was better or equal to raid gear of the former expansion.
    I hope that they won't repeat this mistake by making the new expansion group gear as good as TBM raid gear.
  12. Llyweilun Journeyman

Aye - hate to say it but the Group gear was really extremly good in TBM
    there were some odd pieces inbetween that kinda lagged behind but in General the gear (assuming fully auged) was almost overpowered.
  13. Avory Augur

Kunark is very large and I feel Rangers should get bard speed as an AA. Rangers are also due a Squirrel pet that adds to dps and procs a 4,000 mana return, like life tap, to all rangers around said Squirrel with a pre-rec that the ranger(s) fed the squirrel some of their nuts within the last hour.

Questions I would have are:

1: Can all classes except rangers get nerfed by 15%? Mages 22% nerf.
    2: Can a golf course be added to Lake of ill omen and the Snarek castle be made a minigolf course with traps, slides and windmills?
    3: Can the ranger and bard class be morphed into 1 "Bangers."
    4: Can Kunark not have moronic "exploration" and collection tasks as part of some fully hated individual progression check list.
    5: Can Beastlords be removed from the game and replaced by vampire kittens?
    6: Can Kunark be a lesson as to what made eq great and not be turned into everything we have come to hate about EQ, instances, dumb collection/exploartion tasks, loot being all the same outside of focus effects, ugly zones that don't seem like they have any place in EQ at all (all of TBM btw).
    7: Can all gear be built like it TBM only more so, like you pick higher damage higher delay augs for weapons, or lower... Pick the proc, pick AC over Hp, mana over whatever... That was a great direction in TBM group gear, why not make all gear like that, why not make quests like that too?

I look forward to Nurga and Droga, I hope I got to kill some ugly goblins but I hope its not a zone to progress through and never return to after like all of TDS.
  14. thedragon Elder

It's a video game live stream, not a shareholder meeting. Calm down.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Agreed! If you had to deal with a player base like us, you'd have alcohol in he office too!
  16. segap Augur

So, Attack values for melee dps classes that were worse than RoF group gear? Lack of appropriate options for half the classes that use 2hb? Other odd weapon issues that in several cases made TDS options better? Scaled bows having no type 7 slot, missing choices for some proc types, inconsistency between classes opting for scaled vs. rare drop, etc. Warrior aggro sword for instance had the same damage value as TDS, but the TBM one had one more delay, not to mention the other stats that were funky. Mod2 values that were expansions behind until they did the heroic revamp that removed them? Lack of ability for classes that both heal and nuke to get heal and spell damage? Half the classes having chest and leg options that were worse than their T1 TDS item? Scaling focus being broken and when "fixed" still being the wrong level?

Yes, you could go way over board on one value if that's all you cared about. All the other stats would suffer. You could overload on one heroic as well, but other secondary heroics were worse than previous gear. Raid gear came with base heroics that were inline with TDS before even adding a type 5. Group gear came with nearly none before the type 5.

TBM raid gear was a progression across all stats from TDS. TBM group gear you could, in most slots, get a very nice bump from TDS for one stat and one heroic. All other values suffered. For some slots, no matter which choice of augs you chose, you still could not do better than previous expansion. Yep, that's almost overpowered.
  17. Razorfall Augur

The only thing that really makes TBM gear shine is that it's not prestige for nearly all group gear.
  18. Tevik Augur

Along with the ones that were mentioned above, you left off Rizlona in Planes of Power (Sol Ro's Tower). Nobody ever remembers the poor bard.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its a bard with an illusion!
  20. Rowin New Member

WHY IS PHINNY DOWN OMG WHAT DO I DO WITH LIFE!????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.