Boxing account disconnects on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skipper, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Skipper Augur

Just bought another pc so I could box on four, paid for four acct subs, but now I am getting kicked from game on 3 of the 4 or all four accts/pc's quite frequently. It's just an instant disconnect from game. It's the game, not my connection.

What can I tweak to stop the disconnects?
  2. Skipper Augur

Well, it's at least every time I zone into a new zone they haven't been in. It's not a crash, but a clean game disconnecting me.
  3. Yanster Augur

4. Skipper Augur

It seemed to be just all zoning into the same zone for the first time. But anyway, this is absurd. I wasted some money, the exp is way too slow. I'll find something else to spend my money and time on. Seriously, the Exp rate is absurdly slow.
  5. Adonhiram Augur

Guess what, the general scheme of things is : "True boxing - Instancing - Faster unlocks <--> much slower XP" for Phinny. It's not as you hadn't been warned, is it ?.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

There is a subset of us who get these disconnects. It's something in the true boxing code that is being triggered and causing the disconnect. I get it at least once a day. It happens most when I try to move two characters using the direction keys. It's very annoying.
  7. Numiko Augur

I 4 box on 4 PC's and have been disconnected a grand total of one time since last December.

I've never been disconnected while zoning, I just have 3 on follow and they often hit the zone line all at the same time as they are dragged behind. So i don't think its the "all zoning at the same time" that is causing the problems for you.
  8. Pikallo Augur

Same for me. I box 3, manually, and use /follow when running around. I've been playing since the release of the server on all 3 boxes and have been disconnected a total of two times, neither while zoning.

I'm not gonna pretend to know the specifics of the anti-box code for the server, so I have no suggestion for anything to tweak, I just wanted to mention I've never had a problem with a basic setup.
  9. Gingyr Elder

I 3 box 4 diff accounts all the time and the only time i have ever been disconnected was when i was tapping 2 keyboards to the tune of whatever pop song i was listening to at the time.
  10. Raytheon Augur

Just to be clear, are you boxing 4 accounts on 4 different PCs, or are you trying to box four accounts on 2 PCs?
  11. Toodles Elder

and you're not running any boxing assist softwares are you? keystroke broadcasts etc can easily get you bumped through the truebox code
  12. Ducreux Augur

If multiple PCs from your IP start broadcasting the same keystroke repeatedly the truebox code will kick in and boot all of them off. It was pretty annoying at first for me because I use mouse buttons for the majority of my abilities and I had to map a lot of them differently on my box or I DC'ed often.
  13. Starr Elder

I had the same problem in the beginning of Phinny. so when I stopped hitting buttons like crazy on boxes and just hitting them 1 time and remapping some of them so I didnt use them same key on boxes I haven't been disconnected.
  14. Zardnok New Member

Did you not realize that XP on Phinny was gimped before you started this? I figured the 4th box was because you knew that and realized you needed more characters to kill faster so you could level faster.
  15. Satren New Member

It's just the self-entitled vocal minority who aren't getting what they want so they claim they aren't getting support.

You are getting exactly what you are paying for, you are paying for an all-access pass to any DBG game and server. The server you rolled on is following the ruleset that was given at the time of it's creation and DBG owes you nada for allowing server transfers so stop acting self-entitled like you are owed something because you pay your $15 sub when you are getting exactly what you signed up for.

Should DBG open server xfers from RF and LJ? Yes... Simply on the grounds that phinny is now ahead and it would make them some nice cash from all the people transferring over and potentially bring an influx of new players to the guild scene.

Should you whine about it and make it look like you aren't getting what you are paying for? No...
  16. Kutsuu Augur

Anything they detect as simultaneous keypresses (broadcasting) will get you disconnected. It's way too easy to trigger when you're getting efficient and hitting keys quickly.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Of course not. I wouldn't bother posting if I were.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

That's been my experience. Their true box code is buggy and gives false positives. I've learned to accept it but I sure as hell don't like it.