Wondering why we all got sarnak illusions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I always wonder the reasons behind why Daybreak does things. So why the free illusions now instead of adding them to the expansion pack as a reason to buy the expansion. And why not just add 999 claims to the claim window opposed to having to log in each toon and claim them over the next couple weeks?

1) Generate buzz about Kunark maybe the illustions bring back some nostalgic memories and get people talking about the expansion,
    2) Hand out free illusions around the time they are promoting buying TBM with the illusion keyrings and the keyrings being in the marketplace? Maybe help boost sales of the keyring?

3) They wanted everyone to log each of their toons in without providing a reason and getting them all to log in an illusion helps...And of course since you have to be all access maybe its time for an annual report on how active the eq player base is? That actually could be of benefit for us if they are trying to get more funding for the game by showing we are very active... maybe.... it could happen.

4) All of above.

I guess they could have decided just to be nice and do it for the heck of it. Oh to be a fly on the meeting room wall.. btw if there are an djinn around that was not a wish :)
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I love it! It's one of those really old monster models from back in the day that was great. Always reminded me of this:

3. Minato Augur

because boobs
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Minato likes this.
  5. Minato Augur

This phrase originates from Rome in Satire X of the Roman satirical poet Juvenal (circa A.D. 100). In context, the Latin panem et circenses (bread and circuses) identifies the only remaining cares of a Roman populace which no longer cares for its historical birthright of political involvement.

you sir.... are awesome
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

The faction modifier may have something to do with it, although it doesn't seem to appreciably affect any current sarnak.
  7. Critts Augur

Seems like a crappy time to do a head count given that there hasn't been any real content released save the Artisan's aug. numbers will go up right before and after the Exp goes live.
  8. YellowBelly Augur

Sometimes I wonder why Corwyhn posts anything that pops into his head.
  9. Siddar Augur

Reward is mostly for those who have kept a subscription up in the final months of a expansion.

Hopefully it means daybreak is moving away from the very miserly mentality that they need to monetize every single thing in the game.
  10. Hellboy007 Augur

they need to boost sells of illusion slots. people are not buying illusions so lets drive them to want to buy slots by filling their inventory with a free illusion.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Illusions don't interest me.
  12. Arcainos Augur

It seemed to just be for gold level accounts, unless I'm mistaken.

Could have been a push for people to sub.
    Orbital101, Sancus and Reht like this.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

omg blaspheme!
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed. Always makes me think of:

So incorrigible!
  15. Duhbeast Augur

Wondering why we got illusions? Let Aristo clear it up for you :cool:
  16. Syrah Sr. Producer

There is a reason. It has not been mentioned in this thread.
  17. Sindaiann Augur

How enlightening!!!!!

I shall take a guess, you have to utilize the illusion to negate some sort of raid effect or mechanic!????
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Does anyone else find a post by a new 'red name' much more interesting than getting an illusion item?!

ps. Kindof a lame reward (even if it was "free") since most of us have the anniversary mission Sarnak illusion. Obviously this has some special feature based on the above post but... think we could have done a lil better.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Caell and Gialana like this.
  19. Brohg Augur

the Bokon & Relife illusions were intended to block portions of the zone debuffs for PoHealth & Crypt of Decay / Crypt of Sul. I never actually /claimed them but I heard they were pretty unreliable?
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When a female Sarnak (Illusion: Queen Velazul Di'zok) meets a male Sarnak (King Bathezid)....