Test Update 09/14/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Fnyanea Augur

With all these recent DPS nerfs, and now this massive one to bards. Are we going to get the DPS checks in TBM events changed? 75% of the way through expansion cycle and you just keep making these harder to meet.

Can we just have ONE patch where you don't nerf something? You have us all too scared to look at the patch notes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. segap Augur

The dps checks should not be an issue for beating them even with the nerfs. Some of the achievements, however, could now be a lot harder for lower dps guilds.
  3. malaki Augur

Presence of the Mighty still blocking Familiar buffs?
  4. Jetboy Lorekeeper

Reduce vs. Destroy should warrant Dev comment.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Lawyer Augur

Did they fix the exploit with rooted mobs & pets (e.g. in NToV)? (Not going to describe the exploit.)
  6. Stickietoes Augur

Honestly, I don't even care about the nerf. I just wanted a reason to make me happy about not renewing.
  7. Derpyderp Journeyman

8. josh Augur

I really think the concerns about dichotomic psalm deserve a response. By my calculations this is what it will be doing if the test changes go live 34 mps, 12 eps, 2400 dps at the most.

Is there anybody out there who knows what they are talking about who can defend the current state of this spell on test? I'm not talking about defending the bug fixes, I just mean defend the reasoning behind making a dichotomic spell this weak. I would say this makes it the worst dichotomic for sure. And as a paladin i reserve the right to complain about having the worst dichotomic.
  9. Jennre Band Leader

I thought it was a cool effect that it scaled based on the number of group members. I honest;y though that was how it designed. Sure, it was OP, but after the lure nerf, fade nerfs, etc, I figured bards needed something to be viable. We are getting nerfed to be pretty close to nothing. The one area that we do really well is pulling, and these days, its much easier and more effective to just pull many and CC. No reason to split mobs anymore.

I don't get it, where do we fit now? BLs and Enchanters are providing more utility and they dont have to maintain a twist to provide it. Our healing is a joke, our DPS is a joke, our CC ability is completely overshadowed by enchanters. Everyone has self mana healing, we don't really (well retort and rally). Whats the friggen point of our class?

This is getting ridiculous. Why not just remove the class completely, everyone else does it better.
  10. Kricket New Member

Maybe instead of doing so much "fixing" on the things people have been enjoying in the game, there could be a little more focus on server stability.
    I am not saying that the dico's didn't need a little bit of of tweaking, but this was more like a purposeful attack.
  11. MeloxXx Journeyman

If they spent as much time on content as they do on nerfing bards they would have had an entire expansion by now, instead of creating one zone (probably assets that existed prior to the takeover) and calling it an expansion.

They have become high-handed and arrogant
  12. Brohg Augur

I think I'm most troubled by the result that this nerfing is most likely to effect those that most need the helping hand of a kinda slightly busted ability. Somewhere Critts the wizard in an elite guild mentions not even going to middle on mana with a bard around, which sounds nice for him, but it's the guilds that take 25 minutes and a double shovelful of deaths to finish off a 24 minute event, not the ones that run the perfects in under 8, that will be most severely impacted by the nerf. This bard dicho alteration doesn't change peak performance hardly at all, but wildly changes sustainability.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

[IMG]
    The mounts are breathing way more smoke than they ever used to, but this is also much less broken. I can finally ride my Battle Cats again.

Just curious, did the particles somehow get swapped with another item? The Cerulean Cat in its broken state looked like it had an effect that could have belonged to an Arx Mentis raid weapon.
  14. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

The bard change is going to hit really hard on the classes that can go out of mana in 90-120 sec.
  15. RPoo Augur

The Ench dich had a similar feature when it first was released(and made it onto live for a bit) Where instead of giving the mana to the group members, it was compounding all of the mana and giving it only to the chanter, thank goodness we got that issue fixed in good time ;)
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sorry sir, you lost 95% of players here.
  17. Fnyanea Augur

Totally agree. Thats the net affect of all these nerfs. It seems like the ultimate goal is to mess with middle to low end raiders till we all quit.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I refuse to believe that many people won't/can't acknowledge how broken/OP it was.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Warpeace like this.
  19. segap Augur

Nearly unlimited mana was broken. No doubt there. Problem is, as usual, they've gone way overboard on the corrections.
    Vrinda, Behelit and Sancus like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Honestly man, some do, but I feel like there are orders of magnitude more people that don't. And there's a history of this kinda thing with abilities like swarming, headshotting, perma priest DA immortality, etc etc. If an ability is really strong, people rarely will advocate against what they see is their own benefit, even if it's laughable to the point of brokenness.