Quarm Event Server Coming July 2016!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spilat New Member

I meant what class is the best on this server
  2. snailish Augur

If the "new server" becomes the new preferred server option F2P people see (Vox bumps down) and the new server is the "retirement ground" for Quarm event 2, 3, etc. characters for a few years I think it works.

Might be missing the opportunity to keep the FV loot ruleset (but none of the other restrictions of FV) on a new live server that people on FV could pay to transfer onto. By opportunity I mean $$$.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Rhoulicas Augur

This is probably been answered already, but are AA's auto enabled on this server? If so, that wouldn't be too fun would it? However, I am interested and going to try it; I've changed my mind.
  4. RainbowTest Augur

Why can't they ever do cool prizes for this stuff. Instead of having the characters dump onto a new server, make their characters claimable as mercenaries or familiars and have the effects for familiars scale to how well you did in scoring in the event. Then have that familiar or mercenary claimable once on each server. Make a portrait of the server first victory group and guild attainable from the vendors in the housing zone to put up in guild halls and other furniture related to the events. Have events rewritten in the story to include the guild who server firsts the content or the player who gets the first epic to include them in the quest line for live. Instead we get a as title nobody looks at and some bling nobody will actually wear and a bunch of AAs. Where is the creativity....oh yeah they fired that team when DBG took over my bad.
  5. Ducreux Augur

@JChan or whoever else might know.

Are we going to be able to login to Phinigel AND Quarm simultaneously if we are using separate accounts to do so from the SAME PC? Or is the Truebox code employed on both servers basically the same and will trigger when you try to load into the other?
    Seosamh likes this.
  6. Darallan Elder

Asking the important questions.
  7. Ducreux Augur

I guess I'll just find out tommorow...

The fact that this server is launching tommorow and the forums don't seem to be making barely a peep is kind of telling.
  8. Seosamh New Member

I was curious also if playing Quarm on one account and a regular server on another but on same system would cause an issue. And if so does that auto suspend an account or it give a warning?
  9. Stash McWhalen New Member

Thank you for continuing to make things fun for the community. Really. Thank you for all the effort you're making.
  10. JChan Developer

For anyone that hasn't tried this yet and is still curious, yes you can have one account logged into Phinigel and another account logged into Quarm from the same PC.
  11. Thazager Journeyman

Rorce likes this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The AA experience rates don't appear to match live, though this may be intended... But on Live before auto-grants were a thing your AAXP had a modifier that scaled exponentially depending on how few AAs you had. To the point of a 0 AA player getting 3-4 AAs per kill to start and quickly leveling off to normal experience levels when you get around 500-1000 AAs. This scaling is still existent on live if your character didn't use auto grant.

It appears that scaling doesn't work on Quarm though.
  13. Cenda New Member

Add Ext Target Window. Put it in the Marketplace charge 5.99 for it. You will make a decent amount of money for it.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  14. Ducreux Augur

So how exactly do we claim eligibility for the event rewards? I realize the rewards are intended to be claimed at the end of the server but it seems that the flag to actually get awarded them is given when you use the Silver/Golden Seals that are shown as the rewards for the Quarm achievements.

Currently I have the group trials completed as of late last night and got the Quarm achievement(which seems to have been enabled today) this evening. The achievement shows the Silver Charm but it does not show up in my rewards so I can't actually redeem it yet.

Will be be able to retrieve this reward when the server ends and our characters are all moved to the new "dumping ground" server for event characters? I ask because I never got the beta rewards even though I got the achievement and the "token" that was given to me, though some people from my group did, I'd like to avoid a repeat of that.

[IMG]
  15. Ducreux Augur

Alright so most of my group have the rewards showing up in their /claim (unable to claim the out of era stuff as yet) but I still don't have anything showing.
  16. Ravil Journeyman

Anyone happen know the speed on the mount? It will be my only mount, so i was hoping for the 100k equiv speed.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

END DATE when?
  18. Orbital101 Augur

Would be nice to have a end date and more information to what will happen then...

Thank you in advance!
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'd expect they are still evaluating it.
    I know that a lot of people on Cazic didn't know about it until the server was down for a day for maintainance, then a bunch of us discovered Quarm.
    Same likely true for other servers as well.... and I bet another DBL XP weekend before it goes down will sell a LOT of exp pots again for the n00bs.
    -Rat
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

well I am hoping the OCT bi-weekly bonuses bonus will help Quarm in some way.
    before the move off Quarm.

my char still needs more Trials done but its getting harder to find a peeps without lockouts or levels or AA's or skill.

https://www.everquest.com/news/producer-letter-eq-summer-2016
    • Also, throughout October and November until expansion launch we’ll be running bi-weekly bonuses, like experience boosts, reduced lockouts, increased rare spawns, and more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.