Trouble with quest Dorina's Potion

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mostcus, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mostcus Floppa

Hello! Today i started quest Dorina's Potion but im stuck. After i lood and give to Alchemist Naeema all req. items she dont want accept my 10 gold. And 1 plat too. How i can finish this quest?
  2. Brudal Augur

May have to put all 4 items and the 10 gold in the same trade window.
  3. Mostcus Floppa

4. moogs Augur

From what I can see in your screenshot, the quest status is only asking for 10 gold. The other items already count as having been delivered.
  5. Mostcus Floppa

Yes, but she dont want my 10 gold or 1 plat
  6. Gialana Augur

There are a few posts under the quest on Allakhazam that say she won't take their gold or platinum, either. The posts are all from September, 2016. Older posts indicate the quest was working. So it sounds like it's bug. I'm just guessing, but maybe there was a patch that made it so npcs won't take currency and there wasn't an exception made for quests that require currency. Or, given the timing of the posts, maybe this has something to do with August's patch that added quest flags to a bunch of items, but I don't know why that would matter.
  7. Absor Developer

I honestly can't see how this ever worked... I jumped through a bunch of hoops and made it work. Should be fixed with the next update.

A
    Fanra and Mostcus like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Absor you just gave me a good laugh.

When a Dev says it it has to be broken:eek:
  9. Mostcus Floppa

You save my time, achievment and life. Thank you very much :)
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I noticed that you didnt update the issue tracker for this, so I took the liberty of seeing it to Fixed Internally. Could you also take a look at this one, which may have the same problem?

Treading Lightly
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1078
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Looks like Treading Lightly was broken in the same way as Dorina's Potion.
    Fixed in the same way. We will look into whether other tasks that required a hand-in of money were also broken.
    adetia, Mostcus and Fanra like this.
  12. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

There are other issues, I petitioned this one and got turned away. Ticket (#88438)
    This quest is also broken when I try to give 10 Plat for the jeweler to make my item she gives it back
    "Ciodaru and Kathryn #2: Ciodaru's First Gift"
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3943

I want to work the "Hero's Journey" quests and this is the first problem I have hit.
    Thanks for the fixes
    adetia likes this.
  13. Mostcus Floppa

I complete First Gift without any problem. You dont need complete optional tasks
  14. Prathun Developer

Found and fixed 9 task elements that required a cash delivery. This change touched the following tasks:

Dorina's Potion
    Treading Lightly
    Ciodaru's First Gift
    Ciodaru's Second Gift
    Ciodaru's Third Gift
    Ciodaru's Fourth Gift
    Ciodaru's Fifth Gift
    Ciodaru's Sixth Gift
    Ciodaru's Gift Box
    Mostcus, Janakin, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I know I dont have to but I dont have the JC skill and the optional is if you want her to make it for you.
    Mostcus likes this.
  16. Mostcus Floppa

THE WHAT?! I dont know about this, thank you very much