Leaving Phinny and re-rolling...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adaman, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Seraphix Elder

Would you describe your playing experience as "leveling as slowly as you can"? Probably not. Please, for the love of gods, STOP making a connection that doesn't exist. We are all aware of the expansion release schedule. We're aware of where to buy gear and how to make money. We're aware of how to form groups and join them as well. We're aware of how guilds work. Allow people the perfectly legitimate opinion that the experience rate on Phinny causes some burnout and hinders enjoyment for some players. They aren't right or wrong. It's just the way they feel. Let them feel that way without trying to correct their gameplay.
    Shaydes likes this.
  2. Belit Lorekeeper

Biggest difference between (early) TLP and life server is the newer features like mercs and AAs as well as the lvl range and loots.

So starting on a life server or starting on a year old TLP is something completely different.
    So when you decide to play on a newer TLP, you have 2 choices.
    Enjoy fast leveling and boxing on one computer ... or play on a slow xp truebox server but with instances and granted raid content.

The OP doesn't want to level slowly without any option to box. But that doesn't mean he wants a life server he could have had the last 17 years.

So, don't just repeat ridiculous statements and some kind of emotional and bitter phrases as the modern logic of EQ players.
  3. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I dual box fine on Phinny with a pc and a laptop, separate accounts. Are you looking to do so on the same pc? If so, yes another server would be good for you.
  4. Tallor Lorekeeper

LOL. Good info.

5. Vykk Lorekeeper

I have friends on both LJ and RF who still enjoy raiding, but those pictures are pretty damn funny
    Tallor likes this.
  6. Ethereal Augur

For the Ragefire side of things, if you're able to play during Euro times, Darkwind is probably the guild for you, however I can't speak for how their raids/times are. If you play NA times, Tempus is about equal in terms of production to Darkwind, but is a little more casual I think with 3 hard nights off a week. Raids aren't mandatory either.

There are about 3 guilds who are attempting to recruit and gain numbers, and I know False Prophecy has started killing raid targets, although I know they haven't killed Tunare/Vulak/AOW yet. It's only a matter of time on that.

Most people on Ragefire are always leveling alts, except they normally PL them to 40ish or so. You gotta do something with your time since we're still about 3 months away from Luclin.
  7. Kutsuu Augur

I insist on being solution-oriented. I look at the factors involved, figure out what I can control, and determine if the problem can be solved or circumvented by something in my control. If not, I'll go do something else with my time. Applying that thought process to this thread, I made a perfectly valid suggestion of something the OP could do on his own power to turn that frown upside down. However, I am painfully aware that the majority of people simply wish to complain, have everyone sympathize with them, and just hope that some outside power will fix it.

I do really appreciate you pointing out how terrible of a person I am for suggesting that someone think the way I do. That puts me right up there with all the other terrible people that ask you to think like them, such as religious people, or anyone in marketing or sales. Yikes.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  8. Semah Augur

As you can tell, there's some pretty intense inter-server rivalry between Phinny and the other two. You basically can't trust any of us, because the servers are in direct competition for players and we'll each give you an answer that helps our server.

For what it's worth, I'm skipping a raid right now on Ragefire in order to get some work done. So there is indeed a multiplayer experience there. ;)
  9. Trevalon Augur

People have to stop saying this as if this is the first or second time most of us have played EQ.

I have played on almost every server released since 1999 and I have EASILY leveled 30+ toons in this content. Once you have done something 30+ times it isn't that fun anymore unless you see meaningful rewards (The act of doing it isn't fun anymore its the rewards for doing it that are)

The only MMO I have ever played where its "About the journey and not the end" is SWTOR. EQ has been about the end for 16 years, dunno what game your playing.
  10. Krizem Augur

Just goes to show there are a thousand different opinions and ways to enjoy the game. I like the journey too. I'm an alto-holic with only one real raider on Phinny and I don't find the xp rate bad at all. I probably spend less time on the raider because I like the journey *shrug*. To each his own. As someone said, try out the other servers and see what you like best.
  11. GrugSA Augur

I always love when someone on the forum tosses out these vague and trite statements, like "it's not destination it's the journey man" when talking about the XP rate. Without considering things like does the "journey" end at level cap or does is the level cap just a point in the journey, does the "journey" stop existing if the leveling portion is half or 1/3 as long. Can someone enjoy parts of the game without enjoying others? I know personally when i think about the good times i had on Phinny very few of them involve leveling and none of them involve the 3rd unnecessary hour of level 58. The good times primarily consist of me doing things with my old guildies mostly at max level, but instead of doing those thing i enjoy i'm killing my literally 10,000th kobold wondering why i'm still playing this game.
    Kraznor likes this.
  12. Gremin Augur

If you decide to roll on LJ, drop me a line. I have gear set aside for new players.
    Tallor likes this.
  13. Tinytinker Augur

I love how some of these "journey folks" jump people who have a different play style and try to change them.

I was talking to a returning player this past week. They said they liked the slower experience and wished that we had features from P1999 like no maps and corpse runs. When I said that I don't have time for corpse runs these days and I thought the experience could be boosted a little in the future, I got an angry rant about how all the people who don't like the xp are ruining the server. ... how corpse runs taught people to be compassionate and help others... how it was selfish not to stick around and help with a corpse run... and how the xp people want instant gratification. They don't know how to play a hard game, they probably have no social skills, and that's why they can't get groups and are having a hard time with xp, why don't these people go play on another server.

I just let him rant...whatever.
    Kraznor likes this.
  14. Boile New Member

I'm new.
  15. Silinius Augur

I've got better gear. Roll a cleric and shoot me a tell :p
    Tallor likes this.
  16. bodes Augur

Very generous of you guys, but is this really the state of Lockjaw? The last two guilds on the server have their leaders personally offering gear on the boards to fight over recruits?

Those 250 man Efreeti socks seem like ages ago.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

On the plus side you get another 3 months of Velious on Ragefire & Lockjaw... wait wow that sounds horrible well GL to you if you really do re-roll. I suppose one man's hell is another man's heaven.
    Dither likes this.
  18. Silinius Augur

It's called Sarcasm and me giving Gremin a bad time. :p
    Tallor likes this.
  19. Semah Augur

Ditto what Silinius said on Ragefire; shoot me an in-game mail or tell if you do decide to start here.
  20. Gremin Augur

Not recruiting at all. I just like to help folks out if they need it
    Every single sub helps keep EQ alive longer. So helping someone out so they dont quit.
    Tallor likes this.