Planar Power AA consolidation.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nytewolf, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Never used autogrants on my main, had all of the Planar lines maxed, got refunded for none of them and ended with 20/60 Planar Stat AA now. /boggle
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the issue is what AA line that was picked for everything to be merged into and some people had that maxed and others did not.
  3. Nytewolf Journeyman

I suspect you are right. I just hope they fix it quickly as the thought of spending 350 more AA to get back what I had last night is really irritating.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

My silvers got a bunch refunded... but can't respend them
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Nytewolf Journeyman

Any devs able to comment on this issue at this time?
  6. Cicelee Augur

Feel free to acquire AA through game play?

I would imagine that could be one response...
  7. Nytewolf Journeyman

My reply would be I already acquired what I wanted through game play and them messing with things screwed it up, not me. They need to fix this, not the players.
  8. Nytewolf Journeyman

Not sure how that happens, odd. I feel confident theywill fixx this for the players.
  9. Nytewolf Journeyman

Any comments from a dev on this issue?
  10. Nytewolf Journeyman

People in General chat on my server are not happy about planar power, I really hope the devs can fix this soon.
  11. GoneFission Augur

The problem with combining the planar power AA lines is that about half of the lines are useless to each class. Melee classes don't need intelligence or wisdom. Caster classes don't need strength or endurance, etc. The original placement let you pick what you need.

By putting them all together, you keep paying for effects you neither need or want. The cost to buy back what I had (and only what I could use) is 35 freaking AAs per level. The cost is way out of line for any related benefit, unless my necromancer suddenly starts running short on endurance.

This change was ill-considered and poorly implemented.
    Honeybadger likes this.
  12. Nytewolf Journeyman

Precisely my point. Now if I want to remax my Stam, Wis, and Int on my necromancer I have to pay 35AA a shot. I had it maxed before hand, nothing like logging in and losing work and hit points.
  13. Shaydes New Member

I have to agree with the OP as well as Gone fission. I also took a massive hit on Planar power, I don't need or want half of those other ability stats! Get this fixed please devs?
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I haven't logged in to check, but if I lost any AAs that I would need to spend a few hours grinding to get back, I'm not doing it. If this is the case, it is your responsibility, Daybreak, to grant the AAs needed to bring everyone back to where they were prior to the patch.
    Behee and Honeybadger like this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Couldn't you just do one or two lesson burns on the Gribble three pack? I mean that takes an hour, if that. Would save lots of stress and headaches IMHO.

I understand the potential loss of AA. While I am not worried on my magician, being fully max AA already, my alt I could lose some AA cause of this change. Have not checked, will tonite. But if I do, I mean... AA are so ridiculously insanely easy to get nowadays it just seems like an argument I don't want to exert energy and time on.

Now if this change made me lose my gear, or augments.... that is a fight worth having. But some AA? Nah those can quickly and easily be replaced...
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If it wasn't boring as , yes, one could do that.
    Shaydes likes this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Really if some of you spent the time xping that you spent complaining on the forums you would already have the AA back.
  18. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

I will earn the AA back and I will eventually rebuy the ranks of the AAs that were taken from me. That is not the point. The point is that people LOST stats that they had already earned due to this poor process of consolidation.

People are losing the ability to choose how to improve their toon. Eventually, given everyone being max aa, then it does not matter but that is not how everyone plays. This really is not how Daybreak should operate, taking stats and aa's away from some people.
    Perplexed, Your_Ad_Here and Shaydes like this.
  19. Shaydes New Member

Agreed 100% disregard the trolls, they were ignored as children and now actively seek attention.
  20. SomeEQGuy Elder

I don't think performance is as straight forward as that. Don't forget, they are using a multitasking operating system (probably windows) that will swap you in and out of memory when it needs the memory to process other people. Yeah, they might be saving only milliseconds per transaction but there are more transactions going on than you realize.

I'm not an expert on database tuning/performance/buffering but I can't believe that a larger database always runs the same as a smaller one. Just from a statistical perspective, a smaller database will have more of it's data in a buffer than a larger one. Smaller size per individual means more individuals can be in buffers (and fewer have to wait for the agonizingly slow process of going to the disk.)