Trophy maxing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Critts Augur

Since I'm blocked from doing PoP progression due to being boxed into one play time everyday. I'm going to work on maxing all my Trophies out. Just wondering if anyone had some crack recipes that they have used to max out each TS trophy given that your base skill is 300. Typically wouldn't ask but pottery has proven a pain to get done. I don't really feel like breaking from the grind to go farm crap and items in the Baz are pretty high up there. I know there is no way around this, but here's to wishful thinking.
  2. Vdidar Augur

Unfired star ruby encrusted steins I think. You need to enchant loads of clay
  3. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Pottery you can do the steins that only require enchanter to help with the clay or you can make ornaments from almost any expansion from UF on which is considerably less subcombines and much better in terms of stacking and bag space.

I would check over at EQtraders.com They still have some "older' TS guides for that as well as you can look at the trivial lists of lots of recipes and then see what you have easy access to components for.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I did unfired star ruby steins, probably around 900-1000 combines yesterday...
  5. Critts Augur

Thanks all I have been checking over at EQ traders. It's easy to overlook some of the best recipes sometimes tho.
  6. Badhand Elder

My pottery is poor so I wouldn't know but I have maxed or near maxed a few tradeskills. Tailoring is the one to break your bank or back. When you're getting close to 300 the skillups seem very rare and cost a fortune. All other ones I have worked on Alchemy, Smithing & Fletching were easy in comparison and probably pottery too I would guess.
    Critts likes this.
  7. Phancy Elder

For smithing you could do tons of chain bracer templates since the patterns stack to 100.
    The same for tailoring with silk and leather.
    Critts likes this.
  8. Uuvin Augur

I made up my own skill up paths for each skill I had available to me. I send it to people on Povar if they request it. The recipes I used are based upon my own strengths - I don't spend plat in bazaar unless I have to, I farm items rather than buy, I save just about everything I can. Some people would prefer just to pay for it and spend as little time as possible, some folks are perfectly happy leveling alts while collecting trash drops. The recipes you use should be based upon your play-style.

Having said that...
    Tinkering : Tick-Tock Fear Bomb
    Smithing : various chain bracer templates based upon your inventory or bazaar cheap ores
    Tailoring : various leather / silk bracer templates based upon your inventory or cheap bazaar materials)
    Baking : Misty Thicket Picnics if you don't mind 6 sub-combines, a few farmed items and have tons of room OR Broiled Raxil Fish - but you have to spend time fishing OR Spiced Brell's Bounty Steaks - but you have to pick about 1,000 Brell's Bounty ground spawns
    Brewing : Kaladim Constitutional - cheap but time consuming picking up the materials OR Brut Champagne - yet you need access to an enchanter for enchanted gold bars
    Jewelcrafting : Large variety available - cutting gems of some type of course (harmonogate, taffeitte, miragestones, energized gemstone, extruded underfoot diamonds, prestidigitase, Shimmering Nihlite) and you can make dwerium practive pendants out of raw faycite crystals
    Pottery : planar scorched ornament, obsidian scale ornament etc all low 300-s, or the aforementioned star ruby steins
    Fletching : prophecy of ro laminate treant stuff is cheaper but takes a while to farm parts. Tainted feathers you can farm in shards landing or buy in bazaar. unless you are karana or wood elf.

just go to eqtraders and check out recipes. pick one you like.
    Critts and Aanuvane like this.
  9. Jetboy Lorekeeper

As Baking will be about 1100 combines I used Hobgoblin Surprise as it's trivial is 302 giving me almost all successes, which are the only ones that will level a Trophy. Other than farming the meats in the caves in Plane of Nightmare (which I can slaughter en-mass) the rest is vendor bought with only the gravy subcombine which is also all vendor bought. Both a needed oven and that NPC with the Bear Meat for the gravy are right there in PoK in the same room!

You also benefit by raking in loads of various diamonds killing the Hobgoblins, so your farming time is very well spent. Though you'll prolly have to petition to have whatever auto-bot auto-killing afk player using a 3rd party program to farm diamonds in the caves removed. They are easy to recognize as they auto-stop when you arrive (and auto-FD so they can't be trained) and auto-restart when you leave.
    Critts likes this.
  10. Raptour_MT Elder

For Brewing, if you just want to level your trophy and have the Merchant Alliance book, do Alliance Elixir if you were like me and happened to have a couple of stacks of Medicinal Herbs taking up bank space and no idea what to do with them. They are pretty cheap in the bazaar if you don't have any saved.
    Critts likes this.
  11. Badhand Elder

Just one more post on the Tailoring.

I made mostly bags when I did mine and filled up my alts with 14 slot packs and extraplanar trade satchels which only have a skill level of 15 but still useful with the 32 slots. And I was also able to recoup some of the fortune I spent by selling them cheaply in the baz, which makes a lot more sense than just destroying something. The other reason I chose bags are they are simple to make.

I'm glad I made them then as befouled silks, which I think I was using on the packs near the end, are like 4,000 pp for one. That is a lot of cash for one component of a chance to skillup.
    Critts likes this.
  12. Lynnia Augur

The extraplanar satchels may only have a 15 triv, but you have to have skill of 300 to be able to make them.
    Critts likes this.
  13. Critts Augur

So far I have gotten Tailoring and Pottery done Bakeing is about 15 % from being done. Does any have some research ideas?
  14. Grove Augur

Binding powders and make spells.
    Critts likes this.
  15. Critts Augur

This trophy seemed to lv much faster. Only took about 250 powders going through two combines each, so about 500 combines. Bakeing and pottery where well over 850 combined.
  16. Kravitz Augur

Research is 1:3 successful combines or maybe 1:5 for 1 point of trophy skill up, been years since I did it but that was the fastest trophy. All others are 1:11 iirr.

For pottery, I suggest you do the sealed powersources, as you can sell them all in bazaar to recoup some of the cost of skilling up.

Results:

Displaying recipes 1 to 78 of 78.
    ItemTrivial
    Sealed Poison Vial 17
    Sealed Dull Energeian Air Orb 135
    Sealed Dull Energeian Earth Orb 135
    Sealed Dull Energeian Fire Orb 135
    Sealed Dull Energeian Ice Orb 135
    Air-Sealed Arador 142
    Unfired Air-Sealed Arador 183
    Unfired Sealed Poison Vial 188
    Sealed Murky Energeian Air Orb 210
    Sealed Murky Energeian Earth Orb 210
    Sealed Murky Energeian Fire Orb 210
    Sealed Murky Energeian Ice Orb 210
    Sealed Murky Energeian Decay Orb 223
    Sealed Murky Energeian Growth Orb 223
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Air Orb 250
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Earth Orb 250
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Fire Orb 250
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Ice Orb 250
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Decay Orb 263
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Growth Orb 263
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Air Orb 290
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Earth Orb 290
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Fire Orb 290
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Ice Orb 290
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Disease Orb 290
    Sealed Foggy Energeian Poison Orb 290
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Decay Orb 303
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Growth Orb 303
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Disease Orb 316
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Light Orb 316
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Poison Orb 316
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Shadow Orb 316
    Sealed Cloudy Energeian Water Orb 316
    Sealed Misty Energeian Air Orb 316
    Sealed Misty Energeian Earth Orb 316
    Sealed Misty Energeian Fire Orb 316
    Sealed Misty Energeian Ice Orb 316
    Sealed Misty Energeian Decay Orb 330
    Sealed Misty Energeian Growth Orb 330
    Sealed Misty Energeian Disease Orb 343
    Sealed Misty Energeian Light Orb 343
    Sealed Misty Energeian Poison Orb 343
    Sealed Misty Energeian Shadow Orb 343
    Sealed Misty Energeian Water Orb 343
    Sealed Misty Energeian Steam Orb 356
    Sealed Misty Energeian Stone Orb 356
    Sealed Pure Energeian Air Orb 356
    Sealed Pure Energeian Earth Orb 356
    Sealed Pure Energeian Fire Orb 356
    Sealed Pure Energeian Ice Orb 356
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Air Orb 356
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Earth Orb 356
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Fire Orb 356
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Ice Orb 356
    Sealed Pure Energeian Decay Orb 370
    Sealed Pure Energeian Growth Orb 370
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Decay Orb 370
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Growth Orb 370
    Sealed Pure Energeian Disease Orb 383
    Sealed Pure Energeian Light Orb 383
    Sealed Pure Energeian Poison Orb 383
    Sealed Pure Energeian Shadow Orb 383
    Sealed Pure Energeian Water Orb 383
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Disease Orb 383
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Light Orb 383
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Poison Orb 383
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Shadow Orb 383
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Water Orb 383
    Sealed Pure Energeian Death Orb 396
    Sealed Pure Energeian Elemental Orb 396
    Sealed Pure Energeian Ethereal Orb 396
    Sealed Pure Energeian Metal Orb 396
    Sealed Pure Energeian Steam Orb 396
    Sealed Pure Energeian Stone Orb 396
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Elemental Orb 396
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Ethereal Orb 396
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Steam Orb 396
    Sealed Translucent Energeian Stone Orb 396
    Gyurika Godofwar and Critts like this.
  17. --Voodoo-- Augur

The easiest way to do research is Guidestones. Ethernere Essence + Stone of Marking. Not cheap, unless you happen to have a lot of Essences already (or farm them yourself). They don't stack, so it's best if you can empty a few big bags and do it in NK (or anywhere that sells the marking stones). Binding powders are a good way as well.

I didn't pay attention to how many it took to evolve my trophy, since I didn't do it all at once. I read somewhere that trophy evolution is based on the rarity/difficulty in getting the ingredients. Ranges from 400 to 1000 successes for full lvl6 to lvl7 evolution.
  18. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Back when the trophies were introduced in the PoR expansion, all of the trophies were looked at as to how many combines were required to evolve the trophy. It was different based on the skill and at the time it was set up so the skills with more easily obtainable recipes in the 300+ range required more combines.
    • The trophy must be equipped to gain experience.
    • Trophies only gain experience on a successful combine.
    • Trophies (below level 5/7) do not gain experience on combines more than 100 points above your raw skill.
    • The experience gained on a success is equal to the trivial of the combine up to 350. All 350+ combines give only 350 experience. Therefore, your trophy would evolve faster making 350 trivial combines than 301 but even at 301, it would eventually get there.
    Experience Needed:
    Baking - 350,000 (1000 350+ successes)
    Brewing - 350,000 (1000 350+ successes)
    Jewelcraft - 350,000 (1000 350+ successes)
    Pottery - 350,000 (1000 350+ successes)
    Smithing - 262,500 (750 350+ successes)
    Tinkering - 262,500 (750 350+ successes)
    Alchemy - 262,500 (750 350+ successes)
    Poison Making - 262,500 (750 350+ successes)
    Tailoring - 157,500 (450 350+ successes)
    Fletching - 157,500 (450 350+ successes)
    Research - 157,500 (450 350+ successes)

JC may be a different, though I think these numbers are all correct.
  19. Critts Augur

This would be why Bakeing seemed to take so long. I was uesing a 302 recipe not to mention it had like 4 sub combines.
  20. --Voodoo-- Augur

I just did Smithing using Palladium Chain Bracer Template, and it was 450 combines. The rest seems accurate, as far as I can remember.