Is PoP flagging truly an intended bottleneck to the Artisan Aug?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Your opinion was wrong a few months ago when you were repeating this, and it is still wrong. I have personally witnessed people who do not have their flags, nor do they play for 18 hours a day, make progress on PoP progression. They're setting up channels and advertising in General chat that God X is up. Be proactive and you don't have to worry about the developers handing something to you.
    Thancra likes this.
  2. Tharrg Augur

The tried and true response I hear all the time.. "Devs handing something" ... I for one think instance zones is just that.. Having a creature spawn faster does not equate to it being handed to you as it still requires you to kill it. This is one of the arguments that is a blanket argument used to justify permacampers and farmers being allowed to hold spawns indefinetly for 13years as a plat farming cash crop. Its not a logical. Faster respawns on certain creatures has been something the Dev's have done many times in the past.. especially when bottlenecking and general issues arise. Being proactive and removing the cause of most issues (spawn times on rare mobs) does not hurt anything. I have yet seen a single person ever give an actual answer to what Harm it creates. Except for Holly when she mentioned that the harm is it hurts bot army farmers achievements from being able to spam kill every time a mob is up.... I have said it before.. you can make all the loot no drop for all I care.... I just would like to see something in the game be available for all to experience without having to "beat permacampers" to it. Maybe your server has some good players that advertise.. Not all of us are so lucky...
  3. Kuvian Lorekeeper

These inane, pointless blocks strike me as daybroke stalling us so we don't complete it too fast and then start demanding new content. We burn these mobs down solo now. There is nothing accomplished by PoP flagging a 105 toon.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's all about adjusting your expectations. I fully intend to complete this quest.... in about three years.

And I'm OK with that.

If you don't play often, or just for short sessions, or don't like to work with others, that's fine. Just don't expect to have this thing done by Labor Day (or Thanksgiving!)

Tat
    Rivitt likes this.
  5. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

The purpose is not to accomplish it as a level 105 toon. The purpose is that the Aid Grimel quest, when it was put in the game was built in to require some progression along the way. If you didn't have all the zones unlocked, it would truly progress with you as you progressed through the expansion.

No one seems to have this thread complaining that the new shawl 3.0 required you to go back and redo the shawl 1.0 and shawl 2.0 from Velious and Underfoot. Was there a ton of people doing An Epic Request or An Epic Retelling complaining that they had to go back to complete their epic quests before getting the ornaments for those items? If so, then I missed the threads.

This Artisan's Quest is designed to take 3 long, involved tradeskill quests and build upon them. I don't think they need to rewrite the old quests to make them easier just because now some people are attempting to do them that ignored them for 10+ years.
    roguerunner likes this.
  6. Critts Augur

I see where your coming from, but I don't think you see where others may be coming from. Since close to the release of this aug I have been trying to get a TT or MB kill as well as any back flags I can. In the time I have been waiting I have completed both of the other required task and farmed everything required to complet the Aid G quest line as well as done the sub combines. In addition I have done all PoP progression that can be done up to the point where I need Flags from raid targets to progress. Since I know there is no reason to rush I started maxing all my trophies. Next I'll do all of my own seals. I will bet you that at the end of that I will still not have a TT or MB kill. And that's for the simple reason that contested PoP progression in the current end game doesn't allow people to actually do it. It's not a time sink issue either it's a time of day or night issue. I only play at certain times of the day and if the god's projections are not up I'm not going to get the flags. There is no way I'm going to risk my life at work just to stand around in hopes that a mob will spawn. Ps I would be risking my life by not getting sleep working a dangerous job.
  7. --Voodoo-- Augur

The flagging isn't really a part of the quest though. It's basically there 'just because'. You don't get anything needed for the quest from any of the flags. Grimel never asks you to kill anything. Just a generic "you don't have enough knowledge of the planes".

It's almost funny. He's asking you to do some pretty menial and mundane tasks, but you have to kill a pile of gods to prove you're worthy. Like telling the neighbor kid he has to visit every country on Earth and kill the most powerful creature there, and only then will he understand grass well enough to cut your lawn.
    Sheev likes this.
  8. Arcainos Augur

Completed PoP flags this this weekend. Took a few weeks.
    Only really camped 1 or 2 mobs for more than a few hours. Our server started a /popflag channel, and people waited to get stuff done. I did seal and tradeskill stuff and raided, and did other stuff in between. It really wasn't very hard. Last few events we flagged had 20+ people get the flag.

The sky is not falling. Just actually go do it.
    roguerunner, Thancra and AB-Muvien like this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Well look at this, someone who actually took initiative and solved the problem on their own, instead of relying on developers on catering to every single thing they can conjure up to complain about.

Planar Progression is the longest and most involved quest in the game. Don't ask for spawn timers to be changed just because you were ignoring it until it became significant again.
    roguerunner and Thancra like this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Breakdown in Communication would like to talk to you!
    Rivitt and roguerunner like this.
  11. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

I haven't seen anyone complaining about the faction required for the BiC aug tasks or the fact that the open raid zone mobs for BiC drops are not up enough. Now if a new quest came out that required BiC would people suddenly start whining about that too?
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I was thinking of that as soon as I submitted the reply. Both are expansion-length quests that require killing all the raid mobs, but BiC probably does require more annoying farming than Planar Progression.

Does a bear pope in the woods?
    roguerunner likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

BiC has fewer -blockable elements
  14. segap Augur

Believe it or not, but many people do not play this game with the intent of checking off every little mundane task. We do what we need for rewards we desire and otherwise seek out things we find entertaining. This is a game and meant to be fun after all. Going back and doing trivial flagging, just because, is not fun for most. I'm doing it now because the reward gives me a reason to. Otherwise, I'd just continue to ignore it forever.

Let's look at the shawl line. Other than farming and maxing tradeskills, the Dain was a blocker on that. They've made it so you can spawn the Dain yourself. The second shawl is just a lot running around Underfoot zones. The third was a joke. Yes, it has a bottleneck on a raid. But that raid is instanced and was current content at the time.

This is what it is. I think it is lazy design. Let's recycle old content to give the appearance of new. Honestly, I think there is a great divide between what the dev team finds fun to create and what the player base find fun to do. I get the impression this dev team prefers to do what they find fun and avoid doing things they don't enjoy, even if it would mean a better player experience. I'm sure the new portions of the artisans quests were fun to design. You can see some of the intricate decisions they made. I'm sure the group of people that worked together and figured it out also had fun. There were things to solve and trivia (the ground spawns) that rewarded people that have taken few breaks over the years. The problem is, once solved, it's a bunch of time sink farming/waiting in ancient content that provides no challenge beyond patience.
  15. Critts Augur

I couldn't care less about spawn timers changing. A NPC in the zone that perhaps gave players an idea of when the raid mob would be up again would be a great addition while not changing much. The mob could even be tied into the Trade skill quest giving hints about why they just showed up. The need for the mobs spawn time has become ilrelavent with the loot. All that really matters is that you get the flags on live servers anyway.
  16. Play_our_way New Member

Really loved the idea of this aug, something to work for.

In practice thanks to POP progression requirements, absolute joke. So many names missed through selfish people, people not following the mechanics, bugged events (Rallos broken twice in a row on my server!), middle of the night spawns, when I'm at work spawns etc. Clearly, people who work or need to sleep are just filthy casuals to Daybreak, not deemed worthy to play EQ.

No incentive to do the other TS stuff (even though I have finished everything I can and farmed all the items for the Aid Grimel) when not knowing if you will ever be able to get the actual reward.

At least with the shawl aug if you put the work in you were guaranteed to get the aug. With this, you can do everything and still not get the aug.

I'm done. 3 Accounts cancelled. EQ uninstalled. Thanks Daybreak.
  17. Arcainos Augur

*SMH*

The shawl aug wasn't guaranteed any more or less than this one... The shawl aug actually required a RAID to get the maxed version, so your argument is actually counter to your point.

Just because something will take time, doesn't mean it's impossible to get.

You're either willing to put in the effort/time, or you're not. If you're not willing to, then don't, but stop crying over it.

There are people who complete entire expansions in the matter of a couple of weeks, and then are bored. There are also people who will never complete even a fraction because they play so infrequently. This game, and 100% of its aspects, are not for 100% of the player base. Some things will be harder than others to achieve.

This does not mean, however, that things are broken, or impossible, or outrageously insanely ridiculous for dbg to implement.

You actually do have control over this, and can get it done. Bugs suck, and will delay you, but it's far from impossible.

Probably a good idea. This game doesn't seem to be for you.
    Vdidar, roguerunner, Warpeace and 2 others like this.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lol who the hell are these people who threaten to quit over a quest that may be a long time investment? Even if it wasn't reachable for a vast majority of the population, it's one quest rewarding one augment. I honestly think a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum is more logical than these QQ posts.

Some EQ quests like epics took people years to complete. This thing has been out a month, and isn't some temporary quest. Calm down and just check in occasionally, you'll get it done.
    roguerunner, Thancra and Sheex like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hello Kitty Island Adventure needs players too, yo! ^ . ^
    Thancra likes this.
  20. Play_our_way New Member

The group version was guaranteed, if you put the effort in. The reward might not have been 100% but at least you got something out of it.

iirc there was one mob that re-spawned once every 2 hours ish, Not a dozen that re-spawned every 3 days plus or minus 12 hours.

If you wanted the raid version, yes I agree with you, this was not guaranteed, but the raid was current at the time, so guilds were farming it.

I'm sorry but I have to draw the line at getting sacked and having more than 2 hours of sleep a night. I cannot physically put any more effort/time in than I have been doing. Is around 85 hours a week not enough?

The only people I know who have completed this have shared account infos, is this not against the agreement?