That program is now allowing Phinigel?! DBG?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrugSA Augur

It's quite gamebreaking when it comes to boxing, making boxing harder is the entire reason for truebox. Comparing such a program to G.I.N.A or Gameparse is a false equivalency. Too further explain nobody every ran someone out of a camp by running gameparse or G.I.N.A.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Auto accept raid invites would hardly break the game sir.

Though we agree on /stick
  3. Frenzic Augur

Taken from cheat website #1

Does anything else really need to be said?
    oldkracow and Tudadar like this.
  4. LoyalBard New Member

Does anything else need to be said?

Why not, that you, Frenzic, are a member of said site, and one of the WORST abusers of . Remember Paineel guard farming? Golly, thanks Frenzic for pointing this all out!

I hope Redbot pulls your privileges to update your compile.
  5. Ethereal Augur

I don't think it works like that.
  6. Sterilize Journeyman

Sure it does, didnt the video show you that? Again here's a link from mmobug's wiki but it works the same for redguides.
    http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/**2Cast

Clearly you're talking on things you havent really used or fully studied.
  7. Frenzic Augur

Let's not turn this into a thread about me. As much as I love the attention, this is a serious issue that Daybreak needs to address.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a guides or bugs member. I have no accounts at either site. The post I quoted is in the general section for any and all to read freely.
  8. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Nice Ad Hominem, friend.

Do you have anything to say about the original point of not having to pay attention to melee boxes through automation?
  9. Risiko Augur

I can't wait to see the "I got banned for doing nothing" threads soon.
  10. Jezzie Augur

Wasn't long ago there was huge debates over the boxer program that offers the key broadcasting service. Long drawn out debates over whether not the program was "legal" or not.
    It took a long time before we saw dev input which stated using the program was fine.

On Phinny I think most of us are aware of the SEQ being used. Everybody that macro quest knows about SEQ so it's obvious that the 2 programs will be used together to provide the functions that very vanilla won't offer on it's own.

If Daybreak deems the use of these programs to be legit I just might download them, delete my druid and have a tracking beastlord. From what I've seen SEQ is much better than track anyway. We could probably just delete the druid and rangers from the class list. A tracking pally might be fun!

It all depends on what Daybreak has to say, We know EqMules, Redbots and Maskoi's opinions on the matter. Seeing as Eqmule is posting here then can we assume that very vanilla + SeQ is now cool? Do we need to download these programs now to level the playing field? Do we run the risk of having our accounts banned and losing the vet rewards that have been accrued over the years?

How about it Daybreak?.......Anybody home?
    Tudadar likes this.
  11. Frenzic Augur

It's more than that. Phinny was marketed as a true box server, no cheating with macros quest. SEQ is not allowed, but Daybreak literally has no way to detect whether a user is using it. It's a packet sniffer and as long as Daybreak sends that information to your client, there is nothing they can do.

At current-

• Virtual machines are functioning allowing a single computer to play multiple characters
    • Watered down Macros quest is now functional
    • SEQ is functional

Ignorance is bliss?
    Tudadar likes this.
  12. Heartland Augur

You guys are getting worked up for nothing, thinking that some how this allows you to just win EQ.

Take a breath, the sky is not falling.
  13. Jezzie Augur

Had no idea that true box was being bypassed. What a shame. Server was doing quite well and now it looks like the rules have changed.
    So now it's the same as Ragefire/Lockjaw?

Still need to know if you need macro quest 2 and MySeq to play on Quarm?
    Maybe Eqmule could enlighten us here as to if it's ok to go ahead and download the latest compiles?
    Nobody else is talking.

I thought it was funny when Almar started advertising KAssist on his guides but still no official word.
  14. Risiko Augur

Here's what pisses me off. People are getting away with using third party programs on Phinigel (of which Holly said WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED) while my brother and I get disconnected EVERY TIME WE PLAY NEAR EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ZONE on two different computers in the same house because of buggy truebox code.

We are getting hassled by the Truebox code while doing NOTHING WRONG and those people cheating using third party software don't have any issues.

WTF DBG!
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

And, no. It doesn't happen to all people that play on two or more computers in the same house. So, don't say, "I play on two computers in the same house and never have this issue.". You're not helping anything by pointing out you don't get hit by the Truebox code bug.

Also, yes. We fixed the issue once before by un-installing Everquest from all computers in the house and reinstalling on all computers. The issue came back a couple months later.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Curious if you use logging or keylogging features or you have some way to post out what happened before the crash.

I had something similar happen to me when my box was just on /follow and i found a series of key clicks that even if i was just clicking on one account would knock me off.

I just changed where i loaded my stun spell (for some reason hitting 3 to bash then ALT + 3 to stun was knocking me off, frequently even if the other toon was doing nothing) Once I made a minor change to my buttons the problem went away.

Although theres a very obvious advantage to knowing how to knock yourself off the game (Truebox crash is instant world removal) if you ever get into iffy situations.
  17. Auedar Elder

The argument that is being made from one side is that pretty much everyone doesn't want people to be able to box more efficiently than having a player at the keyboard. Phinny is incredibly popular because this is paired with having raiding instances. It's hard to have a stable server when you could have 3-5 people instance box raids, and no one wants to see that.

EQMule is stating that there is enough pressure that this is already happening without him, so he might as well program a lesser evil and that he is willing to work with the community.

So here we are having a discussion. Don't break the rules of the server. Don't make a program that allows you to press keys on other computers. It's not hard.

The problem is that now the EQ team's focus is on the next expansion, more than likely this will fly under the radar due to the amount of programming that would be needed to stop this. Hopefully, this will not happen. Maybe if we keep this bumped the issue may be addressed appropriately.
  18. Blart Lorekeeper

Fyi I'm using the guides program right now. When I auto accepted a rez, nobody around me was injured. Nobody around me cared. They just played eq.

Hope this helps.
  19. Sterilize Journeyman

won't help your ban lulz
  20. Blart Lorekeeper

Hey if I'm too hardcore for dbg they'll ban me and I'll play Pokemon. It's their call
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.