Artisan Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Wow,

Thanks everyone for taking the time to put this information up. This looks like a very very very involved quest. This really gives people incentive to work on tradeskills other than trying to max everything out for the hell of it.
  2. Brohg Augur

Brell's Shawl augment is considerably more powerful than this one for any class with mana. But Artisan's Prize is quite nice :)
  3. Boxen New Member

Question- Were the timers changed to compensate for a single character killing the mobs on 3 day timers or was this intended to be impossible for anyone that didn't play EQ when Planes of Power came out?
  4. Riou EQResource

No, and competition will increase from the people who don't have that stuff
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Finished for my 3 guys last night, and one minor note:

I worked primarily off of Goodurden's post and EQtraders, and so for the dwarven ale for brewing, there was no painted recipe on EQtraders, so I thought it might have just been a misnaming in the task window, and went ahead and made the red ale, which was wrong.

The painted bean ale is made with exact same recipe as the red one, just using the (duh) painted beans instead of red ones. If anyone's thick and or overly literal like me, thought it was worth noting.

Cool series really.
  6. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

EQTC is based off of player submissions. If you see a recipe that is not listed, you can submit it to their site. I believe this one has been submitted to them now and can be looked up as well.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. MrMajestykx Augur

LOL WAIT WHAT?? you completed it for THREE toons? /faint
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Indeed (ocd, addiction problems....check!)

But since the seals all trade, it made sense while it was all fresh in my head to do for main + the 2 alts I try and keep current at once. I did the grimel/Eron's on the missing alts when the cheeves went in, and had every trophy done on at least one toon other than shaman where I leeched a guildmate's alt to finish. Once you get the recipes on your favorites list, the next two task repeats were cake.

Used the one toon (monk alt) that doesn't have slayer done to farm, so picked up a lot of those for an ancillary benefit, but there were definitely a few components where farming 3 sets worth were bad...15 iridescent scales, 7 ices of Velious (f'ing smithing axe fail rate sucked), 12 Pyrilen flames, etc etc. since a lot of the farming involved waiting on respawn, would use both accounts and alternate killing/waiting on respawn.

The ending text is funny too, you basically fail to combine your 3 ears repeatedly in his hut, finally succeed in creating a useless lump of mass or whatever, and he gives you a pity aug. Also to note, the faction mod on the ear makes a DE sk no longer KOS in Sucktown, Norrath (aka, Halas Burning) and the vendors will sell to me as well. It was tempting to lay waste and salt the earth, but nice to not be pestered by guards for future task running.

Fun times, no moar trafeskills for awhile! (At least until guildmates start needing help)
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah, I did brewing a couple days ago and it wasn't there yet. It's up there now, thanks.
  10. Lily Augur

What's the easiest way to determine what you need for PoP flagging? I talked to the NPC in PoK but didn't know what to make of her responses.

I just saw the post with the link to the parser.

Do heroic toons get credit for PoP like they do for DoN and some others?
  11. Boxen New Member

So, having taken all the time to max my TS's over several years (except Poison and Alchemy), I can't do this quest because I wasn't around to complete a progression line from the 4th expansion? I am sure no one else in my shoes wanted to do something new and interesting.
  12. Uuvin Augur

MrMajestykx said - LOL WAIT WHAT?? you completed it for THREE toons? /faint

You think we were sitting around? We have several toons stuffed with TS materials. I got server 1st thanks to some co-operation. then server 2nd and 3rd within a few minutes it took to swap toons and do hand ins. the 4th one took me until July 12. The iridescent scales took a while as did the low level poison components
  13. roguerunner Augur

Earring of the Solstice isn't really a quest, you just combine a couple items in a forge lol
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

not quite sure what your getting at there??? my remark was one of admiration no one said anyone was sitting around so again ??
  15. --Voodoo-- Augur

Pretty sure he's talking about Aid Grimel.
  16. porky Augur

Is it intended Aid Grimel to be completely locked behind progression that is impossible for any newer player to do since the planar flags have been on one man farm for 25 30 levels?
  17. Vdidar Augur

The PoP progression is a huge block for lots of people. Just try to catch a server repop and go to town.
    Perplexed likes this.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Elemental gods and many other PoP targets don't repop with server resets so... still not a good solution. They implemented the rolling respawn code during PoP due to competition and guilds complaining about how a single timezone would be able to lock them down indefinitely once a patch hit.
  19. Vdidar Augur

Ah I forgot about that. Now I'm going to stomp my feet really hard and scream it's not fair.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. Lily Augur