What is the plan with TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Muswar, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Muswar New Member

Another TLP server and another big hit in population on both ragefire and Lockjaw probably some from Phinny aswell, what is the plan here? Make all TLP servers non playable? A heathy server needs atleast 3 or 4 end raiding guilds that are somewhat competing. Not sure that is true on any of the servers? Would be nice to get some input on what the plan is as some of my subs are 12 month (yes i run more then one account becuse thats the only way to get something done if you play EU times). And as far as i know there is no refund just becuse a server is dead? So please say there is a plan..
  2. Rhodz Augur

I would say the plan is to separate as many people from as much cash as possible but that would be wrong of me.
    Umbraeques likes this.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Looks like the plan is to make a real new TLP next year (with a rf/lj merge) They just did a serious upgrade to druid/shaman heals in classic (300ish to 700ish at 50) Cant wait!
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

There isn't another TLP server.
  5. Risiko Augur

There's over a dozen raid guilds hitting top in era raid content on Phinigel right now. That's way more than you said is necessary. I think you got the wrong server.
  6. Gremin Augur

I dont see 3 to 4 end raid guilds competing as a healthy server now days. LJ has two end guilds who are working together to ensure targets available on our raid days. We rotate ST, we talk daily about what targets we want or heading to and we ensure no one gets upset. As previously stated on other threads, LJ is in a nice calm state right now. Even other guilds like the boxers, MP, Boxed In are all avoiding one another and getting targets. If they are not, all they need to do is have a chat with others and work it out.

As far as merge goes if they do that to RF/LJ its because they are trying to kill the two servers as a viable TLP choice.
  7. Adonhiram Augur

I have a druid box who is level 60, is there any point in buying the two new heals ? I suppose not, but I wanted to be sure, if some seasoned druid who knows the class better than me could enlighten me please.
  8. Kiani Augur

No point really, except completeness. You'd still only use the highest level spells.

It's a shame these changes weren't made much, much earlier, though. They've been needed forever.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Totally agree. There was such a void in healing for druids from 29 to 51 (level 44 healing spell is LoY so that's not out for a while.).
  10. Machen New Member

Insight? That's the purpose of every for profit business... This really shouldn't be surprising or insightful to anyone.
  11. Derd Augur

I'd say a very large portion of the players on Quarm, haven't spent a single dime more than they already were playing on live or the tlp's. This cash grab argument from those that don't want to play there is just silly talk. And by the way, the cash grab company you hate just gave you two free fairly expensive potions. Even if you just make a character that you never play, you can still claim one on your own special server of choice.

That was what I planned on doing.. then logged in saw all the people, ran out to a spot I thought I could xp in, got invited to a guild and a full group and got a full level and 20 percent into next before I forced myself to log off. Probably the most fun I'd had in a pickup group in 10 years.
    Potawatomi and Prathun like this.
  12. Ducreux Augur

The new heals have some problems though, they require LOS and don't work if the target isn't in your group.
  13. Adonhiram Augur

Thank you, Kiani and Nolrog. Won't buy the spells then.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Yes he is correct. But we shouldn't be surprised that a business does things to make money either.
  15. Nolrog Augur

You don't think Sears, Home Depot, Amazon, Microsoft, Honda, General Mills, GE, etc. do the same thing? A business exists for one reason, to separate people from as much cash as possible.

The Quarm server, IMO, was specifically timed to address the mid-summer lull, and to give people something to do, who are running out of things to do (max on live servers, done everything they wanted to on the TLPs). It was actually a very smart move by a business looking to,. *GASP*, maximize revenue.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

All a matter of perspective. I'd say DBG isn't significantly different than any other company trying to make a profit.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

Nice opportunity for other guilds on phinny to down some targets, nothing is being killed in open world.
  18. Blart Lorekeeper

this
  19. Pikallo Augur

I think you may be a tad delusional if you think 99.99% of the player base is overly concerned about fixing plane of mischief.
    Numiko and Tudadar like this.
  20. Numiko Augur

PoM.....it's not my favorite zone, by a long shot.
  21. Reht The Dude abides...

Nolrog is spot on. I thought it was good a concept when they added it as a option on the TLP type poll and that didn't change when they announced the server. I have been having a blast playing casually - groups have been easy to find and I have met a bunch of new people.