Live Update Bugs 07/13/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. OHBoy(theRanger) Journeyman

ok when is it going to be open the quarm server says locked is that the first bug? says up after patch but it's locked
  3. JChan Developer

Prathun likes this.
  4. Ryanxp Augur

My Berserker's combat moves including the Axes: Axe of the Savage, stopped working.

Tendon Lacerate, Blood Axe, and Overpowering Frenzy , namely , have stopped working.
    I click the hotbutton and nothing happens.
    Been like this for a few days now
  5. Brudal Augur

Buy some Balanced Axe Components?
  6. Ryanxp Augur

I have already 4 stacks on Axe of the Savage on my toon: Range, Ammo, and 2 container slots.

Do I need components for the abilities?
  7. Malbro Augur

Not a new bug, actually from maybe 3 patches back, but the ingame music volume will NOT stay set. I have mine set at 5% and volume at 20%. I just logged my cleric, at Franklin Teek, and the volume was so loud that I could hear it from outside in front of the house with my motorcycle engine running. I have a HD with screaming eagle exhaust.
  8. Derd Augur

Maybe a bug , but definitely not from this patch. Which is what this thread is for.
  9. Rovell Elder

On Phinigel - New Spell: Forest Renewal - isn't influenced by Improved Healing III. Always heals for 671 no matter what.
  10. --Voodoo-- Augur

Was unable to use Doll of Character on multiple accounts. Gave an error something like "unable to complete claim at this time" and the doll reappeared on my cursor. On one account, I tried it a second time, got a different error, and the doll disappeared.

I have not used them one these accounts in the past (f2p accounts). Worked fine on a different account yesterday.
  11. JChan Developer

Please create a petition for this.
  12. Kirbane Augur

Shocking Vortex is not correctly consuming counters, counters are being consumed off weapon procs that dont cost mana.

Please check into this, possible problem from the last patch or so with the focus abilities.
  13. Ryanxp Augur

This has been happening right before the day long patch a week or so ago: When zoning in, all the characters, landscapes, npcs, etc, have to "load", and they're shown as see-thru, or, trees missing their branches and leaves, or, players as see-thru, or, zone textures as see-thru.

I'm worried my laptop is going kaput; hell, I know I've been working it hard, but I just bought it last year. But I've heard this same issue in General chat and by guildies.
  14. JChan Developer

In Options -> Display -> Advanced, is your Memory Mode set to Least memory usage? If your client crashed due to running out of memory it'll set itself to Least memory usage so that you won't crash due to out of memory (or at least not as often).
  15. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Speaking of client crashes (in general): How does someone figure out why EQ crashed? We get the dialogue field for providing comments (what we've done etc.) and that's it.

There's no specific error message providing a reason (driver issue, out of memory, conenction problems) except the "DirectX device reset failed" (or something like that) message which only happens when another app / game was changing to a different resolution in FullScreen mode.
  16. JChan Developer

First off, if you don't get a dialogue for providing comments or a Windows looking alert (with the big X) it's most likely not a crash but instead a disconnect. The distinction between these things are very important because they are resolved very differently.

There isn't a whole lot that you can do if find out why a client crashes. However, here are the typical ways you can see why for the common causes:

Broken Custom UI - In the base client directory there is a UIErrors.txt file. This file will tell you why the client crashed in the custom UI.

Out of Memory - In the logs directory, there is a dbg.txt file. Look for the last "FreeBlocks" line and if there is "FRAGMENTED" in that list then it's typically an out of memory issue.

Corrupted Data File - Also in the dbg.txt file, sometimes if there is a corrupted data file this log will note it. It doesn't always happen, but for some file types it will list an error in this file.

Other Crashes - Similar to corrupted data files, sometimes the dbg.txt file will sometimes list why it's crashing.

There isn't really any other way you can tell why it's crashing other than trying to reproduce the crash and then posting on the forums or putting in a DGC Issue Tracker ticket about the crash. (If you create a ticket in the Issue Tracker, reminder it's a community run site and you shouldn't use your same password there as your EQ password.) We have more diagnostics internally, but ultimately we need to find how to reliably reproduce it internally.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

Hello. This is a follow-up defect to the item clicky issue I reported several days ago. The clicky effects seem to be working, however the bonuses given by the clicky AAs are only partially granted.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Take note of your character's current HP/mana/endurance/regeneration/haste (or whatever) stats.
    2. Right-click on any item that grants buffs like Prismatic Ward or Form Of Defense. The passive AA is correctly granted to the character.
    3. Take note of the advertised bonuses of those clicky effects.
    4. Take note of the ACTUAL bonuses gained by the character.

An example of the problem is seen by using Prismatic Ward 14 as a test subject. Prismatic Ward 14 is supposed to grant the character the following bonuses:

+90 resists to cold, fire, magic, disease, and poison
    +1330 to armor class

The actual bonuses gained by the character are:
    +90 resists to cold, fire, magic, disease, and poison
    +392 to armor class

The following is a list of clicky effects that seem to suffer from the same problem (please note that this is not comprehensive):
    Form Of Defense line
  18. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

(continued from previous post)
    Aura Of Rage
  19. Aenlas New Member

Well 2 of my accounts were rolled back to 100 from 105 and missing the last 2 expansions.
  20. Pitacat New Member

^^ same, had a client crash 15 min after logging in. After relaunching my character was level 100 and missing last 2 expansions. Checked other two accounts and one has same issue and the 3rd seems fine.

on Rathe server if that matters