Epic Retelling (mostly) over: Let's talk graphics/lore flag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EnchFWO, Jul 6, 2016.

1. --Voodoo-- Augur

Yeah, funny, the "interesting twist" in the mage version seems to be "do it how it was supposed to be done in the first place".

And an update re:Test server. It doesn't work. At least for mages.

I was able to do it on my Live mage. (I had originally thought you needed 2.0 to do it, so I didn't try on my Live mage, but you only need 1.5 done (and both ornament achs)). I then repeated the exact steps on Test, used the same spells in case my test DPS was breaking something. Exact order of turn-ins with the elementals. Even let Squallmane toss me around a little, even though my Test mage can beat him to the top of the hill. Event played out exactly the same but I got the success emote on Live, and not on Test.
  2. EnchFWO Augur

Quite a few of them were basically "do it how you are supposed to but don't screw it up at all because we won't forgive you this time". E.g. Bard, Druid, Mage...

Sorry to hear it's not working on Test though... that's pretty lame.
  3. roguerunner Augur

Here's your hint on the cleric one
    [IMG]
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The reward. I rather enjoy the Monk epic request event.
  5. RPoo Augur

Dear Enchanters,

[Sun Jun 19 02:35:01 2016] a phantasm imitator regards you as an ally -- looks like quite a gamble.

[Tue Jun 21 21:13:14 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Tue Jun 21 21:13:14 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Tue Jun 21 21:13:20 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Tue Jun 21 22:25:58 2016] You cannot cast Speed of the Shissar on a phantasm imitator.
    [Tue Jun 21 22:26:02 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Tue Jun 21 22:26:03 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Tue Jun 21 22:26:05 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:10:15 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:10:16 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:10:17 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:39:09 2016] a phantasm imitator regards you as an ally -- looks like quite a gamble.
    [Tue Jun 21 23:39:12 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:39:12 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Tue Jun 21 23:39:14 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'

[Wed Jun 22 00:05:59 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jun 22 00:06:00 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jun 22 00:06:01 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Wed Jun 22 00:30:40 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jun 22 00:30:40 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jun 22 00:30:42 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Wed Jun 22 13:32:08 2016] a phantasm imitator regards you as an ally -- looks like quite a gamble.
    [Wed Jun 22 13:32:18 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jun 22 13:32:19 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jun 22 13:32:27 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Wed Jun 22 18:57:16 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jun 22 18:57:17 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jun 22 18:57:23 2016] You nod at a phantasm imitator.
    [Wed Jun 22 18:57:25 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Wed Jun 22 19:44:50 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jun 22 19:44:50 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jun 22 19:44:53 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'

[Sun Jul 03 00:58:44 2016] You cannot cast See Invisible on a phantasm imitator.
    [Sun Jul 03 00:58:46 2016] You cannot cast Leviathan Eyes on a phantasm imitator.
    [Sun Jul 03 00:58:51 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Sun Jul 03 00:58:51 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Sun Jul 03 00:59:02 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Sun Jul 03 01:42:37 2016] You cannot cast Spinning into the Void Rk. II on a phantasm imitator.
    [Sun Jul 03 01:42:48 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Sun Jul 03 01:42:48 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Sun Jul 03 01:42:56 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'

[Mon Jul 04 21:49:28 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Mon Jul 04 21:49:28 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Mon Jul 04 21:49:31 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:22:23 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:22:23 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:22:25 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:50:59 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:50:59 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Mon Jul 04 22:51:00 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:16:43 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:16:43 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:16:45 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:52:20 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:52:21 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Mon Jul 04 23:53:20 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'

[Tue Jul 05 00:44:05 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Tue Jul 05 00:44:05 2016] a phantasm imitator stares through you, nodding his head slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Tue Jul 05 00:44:23 2016] You cannot cast Leviathan Eyes on a phantasm imitator.
    [Tue Jul 05 00:44:25 2016] You cannot cast Devour Enchantment on a phantasm imitator.
    [Tue Jul 05 00:44:27 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'

[Wed Jul 06 23:36:31 2016] a sarnak imitator says 'Take this seal. You will need to show my seal to the other masters so that they may grant you the tools to complete your next tasks. When you have collected the four parts of the staff, you must combine them in a bundle for me. The other masters can provide the means to bundle them. Good luck and safe travels.'
    [Wed Jul 06 23:50:39 2016] You say, 'Hail, a phantasm imitator'
    [Wed Jul 06 23:50:40 2016] a phantasm imitator stares at you, curious why you're still in possession of his seal. He nods slowly, 'The serpent speaks. The lost student of Pedin was thought to be long [dead].'
    [Wed Jul 06 23:50:56 2016] a phantasm imitator takes the seal and crushes it into dust. He tosses you a small token of his appreciation.
    [Wed Jul 06 23:51:18 2016] a phantasm imitator says 'He lives in the shadow of his true form. He is ancient, from a time most Norrathians will not recall. Long before the touch of Marr liberated his people. He stood in audience when the guise was constructed... Yes, his kind are few and far between. You must free him from these bonds, awaken him from this torment!'
  6. RPoo Augur

Any chanter that doesn't have the seal on them won't get the prompt from that ghost needed to know what to do.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  7. Caell Augur

Ahhh, I was getting that message, but didn't get what seal it was talking about. Now to go find it in my bank or house, because I'm pretty sure I wasn't carrying it.

Edit: Yeah it was in my house.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Paladin one at least has a particle effect, but it is reminiscent of when they nerfed the particles on 2.0 not long after it came out. The particles are very minimal (small flame, mostly near the hilt . . . similar in color to the blade).
  9. Raptour_MT Elder

The ranger ornament is pretty bland, it could definitely use some particles or something.
  10. eqnewb New Member

please make non-lore. There's no reason to make them lore, and every reason to make players happy with removing the restriction.
    thedragon, Rakayn and EnchFWO like this.
  11. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Necro retelling ornament looks like a fossilized Xenomorph (Alien movie). It could use a particle effect where it is spewing out green poison or red blood.

Dzarn? Prathun? What'd you guys think?
  12. JPete Lorekeeper

Monk one looks a tad on the bland side, but I can't even figure out how to complete it.

Where are you spoilers for all of us idiots that can't figure things out on our own? :(
  13. Riou EQResource

When you get the option to pick a story side at the end, don't, sit there for like 5 minutes until they despawn and new npc's spawn, talk to those.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This, I'd actually done it way back when they first added An Epic Request, but I forgot about it for this, lol.
  15. EnchFWO Augur

Totally didn't realize this till you said it but 110% true... yeah, there should be "acid" or blood dripping from the top.

I still stand by my opinion that the majority are inferior to the previous ornaments. Then again, I suppose they aren't supposed to be "epics" but just a bonus leading into the next arc (tradeskill madness).
  16. Vilem New Member

Has anyone figured out what to do for the Paladin Epic Retelling, I've done it a few times perfectly to the script but feel I'm missing something.
  17. Zenyan Journeyman

Pay attention when you're in the ballroom (is it a ballroom? The part with the dancing vampires and piano.) There is something they want you to do with the mini maestro hands.

Edit: If you kill them too quickly, you might miss it.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Cast stun on the Left Hand and Other Left Hand that are playing the piano. It will slowly drain off the health of the two vampires you have to fight. I don't know if you need to just do it once or a bunch. I just kept doing it a bunch till I figured I drained the vampire's HP enough before just killing them off. I also fought The Third in the pit of water at the final battle because at that point... idunno... seemed like something different to try. Like mentioned above, I'm fairly certain it's the piano hands though.
  19. Vilem New Member

Yeah, I've stunned them til the mobs changed form, and still got nothing. I've done it 4 times now and haven't gotten the ornament in the preview reward after doing the event.
  20. Rakayn New Member

I just went and got my Beastlord weapon ornament, The Warder, last night and was very disappointed to see that it is lore :( there is even a different particle effect for main hand / off-hand.

I think everyone would be a lot happier if these new weapons were not lore, especially the dual wielding classes.