Test Update 7/8/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Jul 8, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

New build going to Test. ETA 45 minutes.
  2. JChan Developer

The Test Server has been unlocked.
  3. Willulearn Journeyman

Great, can you now please look at ragefire. zoned and now cant get back in. Also the lag has been horrendous for chat and such. Gameplay in zone was fine casting and such.
  4. JChan Developer

5. Willulearn Journeyman

Thanks Jenn. Good to know there is someone behind the screen! Thats all we ask! Those hamsters cant do it all by themselves.
  6. Pend New Member

Do you need people to log in to test server now?
  7. JChan Developer

Yes please.
  8. Pend New Member

9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

logging in too!
  10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Looks good so far, even for a Euro player (with 200+ ms Ping) the connection server / NPC responses are quick.
  11. bowlocleric New Member

Went into ssra temple instance was dcd and character is no longer found on account.

Tried to leave zone by AoC with rest of chars all also now missing from account.
    Names:Bowlocleric, Bowlopal, Bowlobard, Bowlomage, Bowlozerk, Bowlomonk
  12. Darkitecht New Member

I was in this same instance with Bowlocleric. After experiencing the issue in sleeper's earlier this week, I had presumed it was fixed by now. Alas, the issue persists. 6 accounts lost upon leaving Ssratemple.

What happens:
    When you leave the zone, you are booted to character select and you cannot log into any character on the account. It says all zones are unavailable.

If you log out of character select screen and back into it, all characters go missing. It is as if entering an old agent of change instance somehow sends you to a different server entirely, and when trying to leave the instance to go back to where you belong, the game doesn't let you.

This is a fairly crippling issue, but I'll take one for the team on this one and just hope the GM's get around to fixing it permanently at some point. For now, I would advise against entering agent of change instances on Test.

The six characters I was playing in Ssra that have now bugged out my accounts are the same as before:

Syanen
    Melirra
    Briyah
    Estellyn
    Izatri
    Nereas
  13. gotwar Gotcharms

- Chats used from inside the POK zone are once again not working. guildchat, say, shout, ooc, etc, all bugged. You can see your chats but no one else can.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

This... appears to be working properly again. No clue what's going on here. Sometimes they work, other times they don't. Next time it stops working I will attempt to get an accurate time frame, didn't think to do so this time 'round.
  15. Diani Augur

Going into trader mode in the bazaar on AB can take up to 30 seconds
  16. tanith Augur

which is exactly what it was doing since the patch on Weds. For the first time in 14 years of EQ I keep getting 'you have failed to become a trader' messages. I assume it's timing out
  17. Darkitecht New Member

Wanted to post an update here.

I have tried:
    Recopying a character to test.
    Relogging
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling
    Logging in on a different computer

Doesn't seem to be anything client side I can do to resolve this issue, and all six of mine and bowls accounts still have all characters missing at this point in time.
  18. JChan Developer

FYI, we're going to bring down the Test Server in 30 minutes for a sanity test for some more performance issues.
  19. JChan Developer

The Test Server update is complete. Please continue to report new issues with the Test Server here.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

As posted previously in this thread, Agents of Change on Test will remove all characters from an account when zoned into.

Tested this using the Agent of Change for plane of hate in South Ro. Requested DZ, zoned in character "Gotknight". Was immediately bounced to character select with error "That zone is unavailable". Trying to re-enter the world gave the same error. Logging out of the account and then back in has removed the character from the account.

Probably worth fixing this before any more patches go Live. I hope this isn't happening on the Live servers right now, but chances are it is.