Necromancer Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Benito, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does anybody have a hint to complete Necromancer Epic Retelling?

Rune always shatters on the Mercenary Camp part.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Bump. Perhaps the bonus doesn't depend on the Merc Camp?
  3. Imak Augur

Must activate the rune at the mercenary camp. Need it glowing green like all the rest, not red and shattered.
  4. EnchFWO Augur

Care to be more specific how to do that? I haven't been able to figure out the phrase or method to stop the mercs from destroying it... :confused:
  5. Randel New Member

Since the MM update has occurred and everyone has their retelling finished, are there any hints or spoilers to how to get this update?
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Stand in the fire while invis and see what the npcs around the campfire are saying. Then try out various statements after their text to influence what they do.

Just like what you had to do for the drunkards stein but its not just repeating their text.
  7. Imak Augur

The spy tells you how to accomplish your task:

a silent spy nods, 'I suspect if yer subtle about it, you could convince 'em to leave this place. Appeal to their greediness, convince 'em their odds of figurin' out how to break the thing are impossible. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what to say. You've only one chance at this though. Do NOT let 'em see yeh and do not let 'em catch yeh. Choose your words carefully and speak as little as is necessary...

In order to avoid accidentally spoiling it entirely for those just wanting that little push of a hint, I won't post logspam of the win here. PM if you want me to ruin it for you with specifics.
  8. Anthony CT New Member

Anyone finished this and have more specific detail about what to say to these meatheads at the mercenary camp?
  9. Silverwing Journeyman

Still haven't figured out exactly what so say at the merc camp to keep them from destroying the seal.
    Anyone that can help?
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

1. Invis.
    2. Stand in the campfire or close enough to all of them.
    3. Read the comments/questions of the mercs.
    4. /say a negative response to their questions/comments. You have to be quick.

Example: I believe one of them asks is it worth it or has it ever been. Say, "It is not worth." or "No, it has never been worth it."

You will know if it worked because they will respond with more dialog. I think you need two successes to trigger them to leave without destroying it and possibly four opportunities to respond.
  11. Silverwing Journeyman

12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Since it's been a while now, here's the log from my first Completion of the retelling /ach

[Tue Jun 21 13:38:30 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'I don't know how we deal with that blasted thing, it reacts to neither magic nor blade. We either destroy it, or waste more time trying to figure out how to take it with us.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:38:41 2016] You no longer have a target.
    [Tue Jun 21 13:38:50 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'The Erudites left no instruction on how to deal with these seals, just that they need to be destroyed.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:38:52 2016] You say, 'Do not destroy.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:38:53 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'Perhaps our efforts are fruitless. Maybe it really would be best for us to leave.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:38:55 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'I question if their idea of compensation will be worth even half the trouble they've put us through for this...'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:00 2016] You say, 'compensation'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:15 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'Has it ever been worth it?'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:17 2016] You say, 'No.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:20 2016] a conscripted assistant says 'I suppose not. We'll inevitably make some progress if we continue though.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:24 2016] You say, 'progress.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:26 2016] You say, 'continue on.'
    [Tue Jun 21 13:39:31 2016] a furious marshall kicks a bit of dirt over the hot embers of the campfire.

In reality, a few of those responses are superfluous, but it's been too long since I last did it to recall offhand. I think "Do not Destroy"/"Compensation" were the important ones, but best to just spam all of that to be sure