Epic Retelling (mostly) over: Let's talk graphics/lore flag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EnchFWO, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does anyone know a hint or spoiler to the Necro's Epic Retelling? :)
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Monk one is rather bland and dull if you ask me. Nothing that makes it unique at all if you ask me.
  3. Kohnn Elder

(like) sent a message to anyone with a red name asking to adjust the size lol... need more voices
    EnchFWO likes this.
  4. Modef Lorekeeper

Actually, Lore didn't bother me, as I can still sport the 2.0 in my secondary.
    I found the size fine for a mid sized race.
    And, as for particle effects, well, I like the simplicity of Night. If anything does get added, please keep it simple. Such as, glowing green eyes on the double faced skull pommel.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Would love to know this too as it's one of the last I have to do... done 6 so far.

Since it was Dzarn I directed my message to him about the Mage toothpick. Now that I have the BST done... um... compared to Epic 1.0 ornaments I'm going to compare it to a fork in comparison for size. Enchanter is gaudy but that's an Enchanter. Don't get the Druid face on their staff but I think the branch looks cool overall. Shaman spear needs some feathers or *something* otherwise it's back to 1.0. Bard is nice.

I still have Pally and Necro to do but based on the wall (and guessing they are decently sized) they are some of my favorites. Wizard is pretty l33t but I don't have a Wiz :(

At this point I'm speaking from personal experience of actually having these ornaments and visually seeing them equipped. So, yeah, sounds a bit complainy but just my 2 cp. Mage sizing is the absolute worst though... maybe because it's a gnome? Idunno. Still insane.

Overall thoughts: the different classes were ridiculously unbalanced in their "special" portions. Requiring items from Epic 1.0s for SHM and ENC for example was completely off the chart compared to some like Druid and Mage. Sorry I didn't keep my 14 year old items with no value in the bank?

That said, high praise to Dzarn for even doing this and to those who did figure out those secret clues b/c they were insane. They definitely deserved the plaque.

ps. Is Cleric solved? It's still empty on Bristle. Someone literally just got the serverwide 30 seconds after I said this.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Kravn Augur

[IMG]Correction, SK ornament is what Lanys is using in TDS mission "Edge of Balance" in Katta

This Screenshot is off of Alla
    Sheex likes this.
  7. Kravn Augur

So... you didn't think to keep quite possibly the most class defining item you could possibly have, that has been used for additional things like 1.5? That sounds like lack of pride in your accomplishment and/or lack of foresight. I wouldn't think to ever delete my Epic, useful or not.

I cant speak for all the classes, but I know the SK 1.0 came in handy for our ornament quest too... allows instant kill of Projection of Hope at the end.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

the task or the reward Xian?
  9. Imak Augur

Items from Epic 1.0. Chanter and shaman epic quest NPCs gave you items that had no further use whatsoever throughout the epic quest. I am certain those useless items (arrow, seal) were destroyed by many, many players over the years.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. EnchFWO Augur

Please see the above post to understand why your's seems like a lack of reading, not lack of foresight on my part.

I would never delete my epics. I'm very proud of them because I obtained them when they were actually current which makes them even more special to me (despite having no current day applications unlike some of the classes).

While having your actual *epic* as an outside necessity for the missions is understandable, why in the world would/should it require a 14 year old random item outside of your specific task/instance? My point was to highlight the disparity in difficulty between the class quests.
    RPoo and Kravn like this.
  11. Tevik Augur

Double this for the bard one. I guess it goes back to the original epic request for the class being so bland though, relative to the other ones.

**EDIT: Rereading, not sure if you meant the graphic or the quest. I meant the quest.
  12. Lumbejack New Member

Anyone happen to know what the SHM event clue is? The ach just says "take flight" and i've tried it now 4 times with no luck... any help would be much appreciated.

-Jack
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That clue is pretty direct and specific, actually!
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

Go back and lookup the walk-thru for Shaman Epic 1.0 - Test of Patience. Go through it until you get to the water part with the ghosts in Erud's crossing. Ask Abe for the arrow. Go back and do your portion of the Epic Retelling. At the end when the elves come and the dude mentions the arrow - hand him the arrow you received from the Epic 1.0.

Yes... Take flight totally made that easy to figure out, right? :rolleyes:
  15. Lumbejack New Member

hah! thanks =)
  16. Lumbejack New Member

Ehhhh, now I'm trying to do mage's... any ideas?
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I would love to see something added to the Shaman Spear Destiny. As it stands I'll prolly only wear it for a short time to show off that I have it, but it won't be long before I switch to a better looking graphic. So far one of my favorite spear ornaments is still the Tahka's Spear. Why do Shamans always have to get one of the worst looking epic graphics?!?! After having to go back and get the broken arrow since it was deleted ages ago to make room in bank before big bags were a thing, to get such a plain looking spear was a major disappointment.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  18. Lumbejack New Member

Any mages know the trick to the event to get "retelling" ach??
  19. EnchFWO Augur

The only thing I can think of special is to make sure you give each Elemental at the top of the Aviak city the correct item (don't fight any) and don't screw up any of the other parts already posted in numerous guides. I got it first try that way at least.
  20. Caell Augur

I've been through Enchanter 5 times still trying to figure it out.

Since the weapon name is 'Vision' I've tried using the various Cast Sight spells on all the npc's, with no effect. Tried doing everything perfectly. Nothing.

'Return Gift' on the plaque I tried casting fear on all the NPC's since that's a bit of a theme with the quest making you fear. Tried to find a slave with manacles and return them to Korzin, couldn't find anything out in the Field of Bone.

Ench doesn't seem as obvious as some.