Epic Retelling (mostly) over: Let's talk graphics/lore flag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EnchFWO, Jul 6, 2016.

1. EnchFWO Augur

Okay, I don't want this to degenerate into another thread about how HHMM pretty much screwed everyone. We know. It was stupid. It's over. Send your hate tells in game.

I'm posting because it seems 1/2 of the classes (guesstimate? I know its a few) have ornaments that look like they are decorations for a Barbie Dream House relative to the wall size in Felwithe at least.

Could we possibly re-evaluate the size of these? As it stands the mage looks like he has a toothpick made of ice for example. Barely noticeable.

I also know several dual wield classes are unhappy due to the lore status. That seems unreasonable and has no precedent. Many classes would like to dual wield them (some wouldn't but that's not the point).

Finally,... WRU particles? Most of the weapons look like they were from '99 not 2000/2001 to when Epic 2.0s were released: the shaman is a great example. It looks like a simple wooden spear. Aside from "Oh look, I completed this special task"... why would you ever think that looks cooler than the 1.0?

Sorry to be overly critical but for the amount of work implemented and amount of time players invested in solving them, it seems something a lil' more 'epic' needs to be 're-designed' for an interesting ornament this time again`!
    ---
    TL;DR: Some ornaments too small, remove lore tag, add particles at least similar or better than 1.0/2.0s of the past.
    Ssdar likes this.
  2. Arcainos Augur

+1 definitely on non-lore. Rogue dagger seems underwhelmingly small, and particle effects would be cool, but understand if they weren't intended.
  3. SonofFulgrim New Member

Them not having particles doesn't bother me, some of them look great on their own, Bards being a good example. The no Duel Wielding is kind of a let down though, especially for Beastlords, Who in fact have two claws on their plague and even have particle effects. In the main hand it does an icy/smoke glow, on the off hand, it has an inferno half the size of your character... why do this, even display two of them, if Beasties can't have two of them? and why fire? I can't think of a single fire thing Beastlords can do, why was it not Ice and Poison particles?
  4. roguerunner Augur

Cleric one ought to have some particles
  5. Imak Augur

The beastlord reward is 1 lore item claw ornament. Hanging on the plaque is a pair of claws. Judging by the claws on display, doesn't seem they were intended to be lore items.
  6. EnchFWO Augur

Okay... I could concede on particle effects *if* they were like today's insane particle effects. But lets take the shaman Spear of Fate (again it's a good example as well as the BST Epic 1.0 claws). They had very minimal effects that nicely added to the overall design without being "OMGz 10 sparklerzzzz in your face".

That might just be me though. I found most of them to be underwhelming graphically - at least the caster/healer ones.

ps. The BST two claw one reward is the biggest bogus part of this whole thing IMO. If nothing else was changed, that is the one thing that should. Otherwise don't even put it on the wall. I guess that would look too stupi... er, nevermind.
  7. Nniki Augur

Song looks like a plastic sword for a toy figurine. The guard of the hilt is completely flat even where the gem is. Even the bard 1.0 had some shape to it. I'm disappointed with the look. :(
  8. Xanathol Augur

I would like an explanation of what the artifact tag means. As more people are getting their ornaments, I've noticed they all are tagged as artifacts. I thought that meant 1 per server but obviously that is mistaken. What does it mean?
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Where can we see the images?
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Lore flag is silly. Also, every single ornament has the Artifact flag. I am beginning to wonder if the server-first version is being awarded to everybody? Or everybody gets an artifact now...

The rooms near Lady Coralline have plaques hanging on the wall. As the classes on your server complete the task, the ornament will be hung on the plaque. You can click on the plaque to see which class it belongs to and who earned it first on your server.
  11. Dristo New Member

Does anyone have any hints on the cleric one? I've done it 4 times now and have yet to find anything different argh!
  12. SpamFactory Augur

my guess is that all of these ornaments were previously unused weapon graphics that have likely been around for years that dzarn noticed were unused so he then added as a bonus, and they were not made specifically for these quests which is why most of them are plain looking
  13. Kravn Augur

The SK ornament is one that Lanys TVyl is using in one of the Combine Dredge TDS missions, I forget which one.

Recycled, yeah.. but still very cool.

I actually like that ours doesn't have any stupid fluffy particles. Clean and mean FTW.
  14. SonofFulgrim New Member

I really like the bard one, I think it should be slimmer though, it's a very Bulk weapon for a fairly finesse class. But for me the two best are between Bards and Wizard.
  15. Modef Lorekeeper

Thanks for fixing this..........server first this morning.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  16. Draig Journeyman

Seriously disappointed at the lore flag.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You sure about that? I thought that's she was using the evolving one from the Underfoot evolving class weapons from the BR vendor.

Finished SK one last night and I like it a lot, but the Wizard one absolutely takes the cake.
  18. --Voodoo-- Augur

Does anyone know if this quest works on Test server?

There's no plaques in Felwithe, and I see nothing in my achievements, but Lady Carolline does say something about "an interesting twist when [retelling]...". No one I've talked to on the server even seems to know the quest exists.

I've done epic request a few times now on my mage, doing random things, but nothing. No new emotes. No new achievements. Reward preview always just shows 1 AA. But of course, having no idea what I'm supposed to do (nor even having the hint for it), that may just mean I'm doing it wrong.
  19. Riou EQResource

If no plaques it's probably not active :(
  20. Azlynx Elder

I just did paladin one. Looks pretty decent imo. I'm still wondering if there's titles associated lol. Guess we will find out on the 22nd. Surprisingly though there's still like 4 or so not done on server.