76% bonus on rare spawns?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barzini, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Kiani Augur

This is an international game. I'm sure not everyone asking is American.
    Behee and Lithien like this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Sure, when you look at one little event the date may not seem very important, but when you look at the bigger picture, what happened leading up to that event, what happened in other parts of the world, before, during, and after that event. How did that event impact the other things going on in the world at the same time. Then yeah, knowing when something happened is important to the understanding of the event.

And being educated isn't just about knowing stuff that is useful in day to day senarios, it's also about expanding your knowledge of the world. I sure as heck don't use trigonometry, ever, but I don't think we should stop teaching it to kids, despite the fact that 99% of them will also never use it after they finish school.
  3. Gremin Augur

Your opinion, and Iam sure am glad those dates you call irrelevant led to your free ability to express them.
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

5. Prathun Developer

Rorce likes this.
  6. Rorce Augur

Prathun likes this.
  7. Shadowhunter New Member

I'd normally agree with you, Cloud, but then I see the mass ignorance of the general public today and I'm more inclined to err in the direction of "there's no such thing as too much information". Otherwise, we just invite the "convenience" of ignorance.

Besides, knowing the dates - in addition to knowing why - keeps perspective. I'm curious how many people realize just how much work went into the "experiment" that is America. Both pre-declaration and post. The date 1776 is mostly important because of the "emotion" tied to it, but I'd wager most don't know the dates that really count: such as The Bill of Rights and the fully ratified Constitution.

Silly rabbits. If I don't force you to look them up, you won't learn anything. Read something besides playing EQ ;p.
  8. Kravitz Augur

Prathun plays Overwatch:cool:!

I also fully expect Daybreak's next title they announce is going to be a MOBA, cause it seems the industry is cyclical. Everyone runs in the same direction, trying to corner part of the market share, realizes their title isn't cornering much marketshare after all, then goes back to another genre that has succeeded recently and tries to corner that marketshare.
  9. Kearstin Elder

august 24, 1814 - some country burns down the capital of it's enemy, no big deal

september 13, 1814 - some guy writes a poem about defending some fort and some country turns it into it's national anthem

the more you know
  10. AgentofChange Augur

May 18th, 2016 - The Scars of Velious inexplicably unlocks on Phinigel
    Dither likes this.
  11. snailish Augur

I was surprised to hear via Prathun that named in Velk's were impacted by the rare spawn bonus. I vaguely recall back the first time they did a rare spawn bonus that it only impacted named OoW and later or some such as they were coded with that flag active.

So... maybe my memory of that is inaccurate?
  12. Prathun Developer

The NPC does need to have its RARE_SPAWN flag set in order to be affected by the increased rare spawns bonus. I was surprised to find that the rares in Velk's had this flag set, as I'd heard the same rumor that we had not backfilled the flag on rares in early EQ content. But... I suspect it would be more accurate to say that we flagged all the NPCs that were easily identifiable. The rares in Velk's all follow the modern file naming convention of <zone abbreviation>*Rare* so they would have been easy to find and catch. Their file names may have been updated in a revamp, or perhaps the original implementer was just forward thinking.
    Dither likes this.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

[IMG]

Holy those prices :|
    Prathun likes this.