Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disappointment New Member

This is truly unacceptable Daybreak. Respond to your customer base and resolve these issues.
  2. Bohz Journeyman

Using this trick instead of resolving your issue correctly may further inflame the situation. Just saying.
    shawning likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That would not cause them a problem if the account was still banned it would not doing anything but if the account was unbanned the change may not have gone through the system completely. I am pretty sure all the password reset does is force the change. Otherwise anyone who had ever been banned would be back in the game by resetting their pw.
    Disappointment likes this.
  4. Minpire Augur

Currently having a issue that is saying basically i have a character already logged into Phinny.... can log on other TLPs and servers thou....please help or good advice =) thanks!
  5. Mint New Member

I actually agree that using passwords resets, proxies or whatever to get in your accounts is not a great idea. If nothing else because the ban process seems to involve more than banning just at the account level. I would much rather just wait until DBG resolves this correctly and I can log in normally.

But people want to play! It's the holiday weekend FFS....
    It just feels like DBG is saying "Oops! We banned some people we shouldn't! Don't worry you will be unbanned!". Then they all bail for vacation without bothering to see if their process actually worked, or setting any realistic expectations for the portion of their customer base that was affected.

My assumption at this point is that I will have to wait till Tuesday when I can try communicating with DBG directly. Hopefully I'm wrong and my 2 accounts will be unbanned tonight or tomorrow. But I have no idea what to expect because DBG isn't bothering to communicate with their customers.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

From what I understand if you were unbanned you received an email giving you a warning instead of a ban. Someone else also mentioned that Daybreak said they were working on it through the weekend but I have not seen that post anywhere myself.

Password resets will not remove a ban from an account. You have to be already unbanned via script for that to do anything.
  7. TheWiz007 New Member

Nope - I received the change email from ban to warning and my account is still banned.

My guess is that it was just a mass mailing and the unbans is a process they are working through
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes I believe they are unbanning like they banned via a script. So its all atuomated MAYBE with people intervening when there are glitches.

Because they probably have more experience with automated banning then they do with automated unbanning I expect that there will be some bugs in the process. I think that is why resetting the password works for some people. The automated process unbanned them but the password reset actually got the system to recognize it. For some people at least some have said it didnt work for them and those are the ones that the automated process didn't get to yet.

I can also understand people wanting to be extra cautious though.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

One of mine that was still locked is now unlocked. I have been afk popping fireworks for a couple hours but before I went afk it was still locked so sometime in the last 2 hours they released some more accounts.
    shawning likes this.
  10. Endered New Member

All accounts unbanned. Still can't log into DBG site with any of the previously banned accounts.

11. AcemoneyFV Augur

I'm just here to read all the salt. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  12. Aghinem Augur

Some of you need to just be patient. They created a very intricate authorization ban script and likely drafted a script quickly to remove the bans. There isn't a small group of people manually banning or unbanning people. The password reset is a workaround, but if it doesn't work - just continue to wait and allow the script to take full effect. If you are still banned by Tuesday, at that point contact CSR.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. RadarX Augur

Folks we're going to go ahead and close this. If you are still having issues accessing your account please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.