Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions.

EQ's EULA states specifically AUTHORIZED.
  2. DeadWizzy New Member

Its easier for subs to forgive when your the big player on the market. Back then what choice did you really have? It was *mostly* play eq or don't MMO <I know there were others, but they didn't have what EQ had>. Now you have any MMO genre you can literally jump ship on due to F2P or B2P.
  3. Gilad Journeyman

What are you on about this time? Someone asked for a link to the rumor about no account ban reversals and case by case basis. I provided it.

Seriously, bugger off. You clearly have some agenda against me for whatever reason. Go white knight somewhere else and leave me alone.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This one sounds like a suspicious activity hold really.

New accounts and Krono purchases on those accounts suddenly can do that. It may even be caused by the bank, not even EQ blocking it. Unfortunately for you, it's on the day 3,000 tickets were generated.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I do not have any agenda about you, but could. You've been nothing but rude to me. I have yet to call you any names. can you say the same? it seems more like you had a vendetta against me, but pfft this is the interwebz and it's expected anymore.

I did however point out that daybreak isn't responsible for 3rd party RMTs gone bad.

Isn't redguides where the haxxor crowd in EQ goes to get the unmentionable software that makes everyone have to type funny when they with to multi Quest an item in game?

I can't imagine Daybreak authorizing sales via that website. I can however, quite easily imagine a code or krono from that site being tainted.

and again

I didn't hack at you, I asked a simple question.

Every time I ask a question here of someone who doesn't like how the answer pans out, they resort to personal attacks.

That's a trick called rhetoric.

and the term bugger refers to sex...

all I did was ask you a question.

"Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions"

Answer inconvenient enough for you that you lash out?

mmmk.
  6. Zargonza New Member

As a person who is unaffected by what happen, This is just another shady billing tactic artificially created by daybreak's inability to properly do anything. They are the worst gaming company currently in the industry. They make fly by the seat of your pants changes. They can't code a proper currency/product exchange into there program. They still live in 1999 where they feel 1% of the gaming community should be entitled. They make no strides to improve our opinion of them and yet we are still surprised by the very fact that stuff like this happens. It boggles my mind that they don't have someone in here already trying to alleviate some of the stress this has caused many of you that have legitimate reasons to be angry and instead ignore your cries for help.

With that being said these things will take time, They probably all went home for the weekend thinking this wouldn't have been a problem. Some of this stuff you can't forsee happening but it did, and it should be addressed in a timely fashion. Not letting it get out of hand as much as it already has. Censoring people which will happen to some of you maybe even this post, Doesn't do anything other then increase the angry in which they caused. Locking threads only leads to 30 new threads started and then locking them and banning those accounts. They can't keep sweeping there problems under the rug and expect anyone to keep paying for there game.
    Ruven_BB and Blart like this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

100% right.

I feel terrible for anyone caught out legitimately by this, but I also suspect that by far the majority knew better, took a chance and got caught.

I'd wager most honest players don't linger on 3rd party RMT sites.
  8. Blart Lorekeeper

My nostalgia is tied to my character from 1999, which is now banned by a Russian conglomerate.

Something tells me Viktor Vekselberg doesn't give a **** about my Dwarf Paladin, he likely doesn't even know what that is, or that he owns a game called Everquest.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Vekselberg
  9. Gilad Journeyman

This is the comment chain you replied to. See how it seems you're just attacking me?

Player A:
    Rumor on third party sites is that they discussed it & will not reverse the bans, except on an account-by-account basis after proof of ownership.

Player B:
    Do you have a link to this?

Me:
    http://www.redguides.com/forums/sho....l=1#post281241

You:
    Is Redguides in any way affiliated with or representative of Daybreak in any authorized fashion or are they just a 3rd party RMT (Real money transaction) website. Unless it is specifically authorized by Daybreak, you would have no claim against Daybreak and shouldn' expect Daybreak to back transactions.

EQ's EULA states specifically AUTHORIZED.

--
    I don't quite get where your question is coming from. No one is asking for Daybreak to back those transactions. People just want Daybreak to for once not be terrible at handling an issue.

I have no idea why you're white knight Daybreak in this or whatever. I wish this whole deal didn't happen to begin with and it has been handled very poorly. People are frustrated and angry with Daybreak for banning them in most cases unjustly right before a long holiday weekend. Daybreak isn't communicating with us at all about this outside of the tiny bit RadarX did this morning.

Meanwhile we have tickets that are at 20 hours with no response from Daybreak with the only response we've gotten is to submit tickets. And then we have people like you who granted is a bit better then Yimin or whatever her name is trying to turn everyone caught up in this as an cheater, hacker, whatever negative term you want to give them.

I'm taking you didn't even click the link I posted and just assume Redguides is some RMT website that only sells crap, right? They actually are an active EQ forum that has been keeping tabs on this since it happened and it's where a lot of discussion has been taking place between players. They have a RMT (hence where I saw the krono prices that solidified in your mind that I did something wrong) section that sells various things. But that seems to be a small part of their forum / community from what I've been looking at since this whole deal start and I found that site when I was looking for information.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Your all innocent .. until caught and banned..

I do have to admit, I am VASTLY .. curious who all the "new members" are threatening to leave, after 14 years playing .. whats your guys mains name ?
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol so here we run into a schism in the definition of what it means to be a fool.
    See, to me, clcking on anything promising a 40 dollar expansion for cheap, regardless of where I see it, doesn't warrant a <click> because I know better.

especially on a site with such entries as

1. Possibly selling some solid eqmac accounts

By smallpimpin123 in forum The Bazaar
      Replies:0
      Last Post: 06-08-2013, 06:56 PM
    2. Ninjaing Items off of ABOUT TO BE Suspended and/or Banned accounts

By TeachersPet in forum Strategies
    The whole site is dedicated to bypassing EQs rules.

Just google it:

RedGuides EverQuest & Forums - We …

www.redguides.com
    • 17 POSTS
    Everquest lacks the modern conveniences of an official addon system, but the RedGuides community is happy to step up and give our favorite game the tooltips ...Forum
    • RedGuides EverQuest & Forums. Welcome to the …
    • We Beat EverQuest
    • Everquest lacks the modern conveniences of an official addon …
    • Inbox

This site won’t let us show the description for this page.
    Yeah, the whole thing just REEKS of

Authorized by Daybreak.

cos Daybreak even blocks mention of the software.

mmmk.
  12. Kaliko Augur

Sounds like we got a newbie here guys.... no seriously Whulfgar do you not understand how a ban works yet after all these posts? When you are banned you cannot post or file a online petition therefore everyone is forced to create new accounts to bring this major issue up that will hurt EQ badly.
  13. DeadWizzy New Member

Deadwizzy, shockingly enough
  14. Vdidar Augur

sounds like your not getting your accounts back because you need the last 4 numbers of the CC that was used for the chargebacks.. you know your not getting that so bye bye all those subs unless they re roll
  15. Aghinem Augur

Guys and gals, the arguing has to stop. This is Player Support, not Player Shame.

If you are not part of this ban situation or don't have people affiliated with your team that has been banned, you really should not be injecting any "I told you so" type opinions. Its not appropriate and not even constructive. It serves nothing other than to agitate people who are already upset. Moreover, it causes actual constructive posts that have useful information that may help to get shuffled out because the 'bickering' posts take over. How many actually saw the post I wrote about contacting CSR with a possible solution to get your account back before they come out with an official statement? I do not want to see this thread get locked because people are unable to control their "I'm more right than you" egos.

This is a serious situation and for all intents and purposes, being right, wrong or indifferent will mean nothing if the end result is the same - catastrophic.
  16. Gilad Journeyman

What would the difference be between before an official statement or after? They don't seem to be answering their petitions considering I have two that are around 20 hours old now.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Again I asked a question you all are dodging ..

All you "new members" who are saying you been playing for all these years ..

Who are your mains ? ?
  18. Ieaien New Member

Unfortunately, you are right. Everything else pushed this post you are talking about off, and I never saw it. And I have been watching the forums for the last 9 hours.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I just started laughing at this while drinking a coffee.....
    How exactly did anyone think the guy selling keys at 90% off was a seller you should trust in the 1st place?
  20. Ieaien New Member

Again, people answered you. You are assuming that the "new member" tag is because they have not been around as long as they say. However, as it was explained to you quite plainly, those of us who got banned, had to create new accounts in order to take part in this discussion. Who our mains are, is irrelevant to the discussion.
    rotor and Draazen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.