Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongbus Augur

yes there is. I linked it to you. if something is chargedback a band is place on any account linked to that chargeback. Lots of people are saying that they got emails saying their accounts where banned for the chargeback thing. these people also said they got game keys form players in game or form 3rd party sites.

so if I buy a game key put it for sale on a player auction site. you buy the game key link it your account. If I do a charge back on that game key. DBG places a bann on that game key and any account linked to it. meaning your account is now banned.
  2. Jaay Lorekeeper

1 of my accounts banned due to a TBM code bought,
    Sure it might be wrong of me to buy it, However, this could have been handled very differently.
    I smell a certain death for Everquest finally, Good job Daybreak, Youve lost another customer.
    And no I wont ever even F****** look at another game coming from you again.

Unsubscribed and only logged into this crap to post and whine to make myself feel abit better.
    Thought id always have Everquest, guess I was wrong. F U Daybreak.
    rotor, Arvins and Dr.Evil like this.
  3. Ieaien New Member

The thing is, when my ban orginally hit, their offices were still open last night, but the initial reason given for the ban, was not a chargeback, so the petition process took long enough that it did not go through until after they closed. So, I am inclined to believe that they knew what the fallout would be, and did it anyway.
    rotor likes this.
  4. Vdidar Augur

There is no way they didn't know a blanket ban was incoming. That's foolish to even believe.
    rotor likes this.
  5. Blart Lorekeeper

Nowhere in the rules does it state you're responsible for another party's chargeback. If there were such a rule, Krono would become ban grenades.
    rotor likes this.
  6. Platrat Journeyman

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  7. Blart Lorekeeper

I did not know a blanket ban was incoming when I traded several krono for a TBM key.

I have been trading plat and/or Krono for expansion keys in general chat, in front of GMs, since Underfoot.
    rotor likes this.
  8. Ieaien New Member

I believe the original post you replied to was referring to DBG, not the banned players.
    Blart likes this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

I'm talking about DBG..... I guess I should not assume deductive reasoning could be used.
    Blart likes this.
  10. rotor New Member

FFS, for years we've told you about innocent players being banned and you all made fun of us. Now, do you believe us?
  11. Blart Lorekeeper

My apologies, I'm a little defensive from the pure schadenfreude displayed here over my accounts being banned.
    rotor and Kennebell like this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and in a virtual world you don't buy virtual anything, you buy a LICENSE. You never actually "get stuff" all the "stuff" is still their property, housed in, their property. Any EULA is clear on that.

Inappropriately obtaining a LICENSE AGREEMENT from a foreign market for use in the U.S. is technically a form of tax evasion as virtual currencies are taxable now. If that was the cause of all this, I am sure mutiple legal departments need be consulted as to how to proceed from a corporate standpoint.
  13. Lilura Augur

I'll say it again. To do this right before a long holiday weekend was the height of stupidity.
    Ruven_BB and Ieaien like this.
  14. RabbleBabble New Member

Fix the problem, stop selling game keys at all and make all Kronos "No Trade" if you cannot guarantee that our in game trades for in game items will not result in us getting banned then the only fix is no more Gift Keys and No-Trade Krono!
    Ieaien likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Or provide the ability to gift directly from Daybreak.
  16. shawning New Member

I've got my support case open but just wanted to add what my actions were.

I've got 6 accounts. 1 was banned. 5 are not.

The account that was banned the only difference from the other 5 is that I purchased Krono from DBG directly as a way to go all access with my accounts as well as get a bit of platinum to help gear my characters.

1. I was banned before I received my Krono, however the charges are still on my card.
    2. All of my accounts are F2P and are less than a week old.
    3. I purchased my Krono directly from DBG website.
    4. I've not purchased any redeemable codes or expansion codes (both legitimate or not).

Just waiting to see what the reply is but wanted to share since everyone is saying this is just limited to one thing or another.
  17. Kennebell New Member

Y E S, I am so glad I have never met any of these people in game, especially during my younger years playing back in 99-00. Never met anyone in EQ quite like the fellows here blaming their fellow gamer's when something happens to them.

Maybe it's a wider commentary on society today, or maybe it was always like this and we just didn't care enough to notice.
  18. Tadbit New Member

What Im seeing is someone spent a lot of money to purchase code that are legit. They then know what their timeline is on disputing charges. They then sell as many as they can at a very discounted price. Days before its to late to dispute the charge they dispute the charge get their money back and then pocket all or most of the money they gained from this scam. Laws have been broken by this person and they need to be held accountable not us the players that are paying twice for this! It is really simple roll tbm off accounts and make it right Daybreak. You make people happy and you still keep collecting money from the masses! problem solved! Oh wait that would involve work which you took the easiest way handling this but compiling everyone's account and bam banned! If your heart isn't into doing the work anymore then maybe they should shut it down and call it a day. I remember when customer service use to mean something. Today it means ty for your payment no go screw off!!!
    Freki and rotor like this.
  19. rotor New Member

Exactly right. How dumb does management have to be to ban first and then throw this on their CS people to sort out? There's a dozen ways they could have handled this like mature businessmen but they chose not to. Many of these people will not come back. I fear this is the death knell.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Also...

Being that this all actually has legal meanings and definitions, it is... unsurprising to say the least, that Daybreak is specifically requiring tickets so <everything> is in writing. Phone calls have no paper trail and any claims you make to or against DBG should be in writing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.