Test Update 06/27/2016

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hludwolf Developer

Fixed a world crash that happened this weekend related to achievement data.
    Also has some small changes to logging for us.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Acou New Member

Test server down again...
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

4. Hludwolf Developer

Different issue, unfortunately the server recovered and didn't crash so we do not know yet where this happened. Rebooting the server now.
  5. Iceberg New Member

Down Again, lets see how many times so far today black screen of death. I need to rethink, were my money goes.
  6. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Have you EVER considered what "TEST server" is for?
    Silentchaos likes this.
  7. Iceberg New Member

Ya i have , so. your POINT? or do you even have one? Oh by all means explain what TEST Server is for.
  8. Dalsina Lunrais

Isn't Test free to play on too?
    Silentchaos and Horathmir like this.
  9. Horathmir Elder

You do not pay money to play on Test Server, no one does ... ever. If you do pay for a subscription that is your choice, but not something that is required. Also you might "rethink", as you put it, exactly what a Test Server is. It is not a Live Play Server ,and is subject to many issues, problems and crashes in order to "test" and update the Liver Server experience for Paying Customers. If you are bothered by those normal and ordinary side effects of the server, then you should not be playing on Test Server at all, but again, you made the choice to be here. You are entitled to nothing at all from the server. If you feel entitled you should move to a Live server where the service is guaranteed and you get a value for what you pay.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks for the condescending and pointless post that added nothing useful to the thread. Stick to the Live threads and leave Test threads to those of us who actually play and contribute to Test so you folks on Live don't have to deal with all the game breaking bugs and world crashes with long down times.
    Teao and Iceberg like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

They had to buy the last expansion or two. I recall there being some wuah about it.
  12. kizant Augur

Test is 1 expansion behind. It's a fair model. It's sad when people complain over free stuff.
  13. Iceberg New Member

Well the good news was the Test Server was good, till now it just went to Black Screen of Death, You Have Been Disconnected. While I was writing this.
  14. mindman New Member

Test is down. Crashed about half an hour ago.
  15. Teao New Member

I wonder if the people on live, bashing test players with their commits, ever considered why they read a "Test" forum. People on test DO have a right to be upset. Test has been unstable on and off over the last 2 months. If you don't like what is being said here, keep your commits to yourself and stick to LIVE threads. Some people have nothing better to do I suppose.:p As for not paying.. we pay for everything you do on live on test except the monthly 14.99.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Hludwolf Developer

Stability on test is not guaranteed. Of course we try to keep it stable, but one of its main purposes is to find stability issues before live.
  17. Dokgoki New Member

some people on live still fails to realize that the "test" community are the ones that make sure live is fully functional and stable.

<this part violated forum rules>
    Iceberg and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

There's no need for all the cross-server hate, especially in a server update thread.

Frustrations run high when the server has stability issues. That's not an excuse to lash out at the Dev-Team, other players, or the server. We all know that by playing on Test we perform a vital role, and that most players will never have to experience instability issues because we went through it first so they wouldn't have to. The next time you spot a caustic post that makes you throw your keyboard at the wall in rage, take the high-road and report your next bug. It'll help the Developers and makes us look like stand-up ladies and gents to the rest of the community.

We all love EQ. We all want to play the game we love on the servers we love. Test has one of the best communities of any server on EQ. This is aimed at everyone, including myself. We're (mostly) all adults here.

Let's act like it.
    Teao, AB_H'Sishi and Hludwolf like this.
  19. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Ok, after we're through the topic to clear up what a test server is for and what players have to expect when playing there, I have a more general question:

If the Test server is one expansion behind and also has different code base (as mentioned a few posts before this), can it handle the newest stuff char's might bring in from Live servers using /testcopy, without causing crashes etc.? I refer to TBM gear, full AA's, newest achievements (e.g. "An Epic Retelling") and ornamentations from said achievement.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

We have TBM on Test, people just don't get it for free. We also get all the new quests and achievement stuffs before live does (the patches hit Test before they hit Live). All gear, achievements, AA's, etc, will all work when /testcopied :)

All the codebase changes are internal, and have little to no noticeable effect on the gameplay itself.