An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou EQResource

Yea, I think some other servers have this same bug :(
  2. Sancus Augur

If you're going to come up with a conspiracy theory, at least make it a little more interesting please :)
    Iila, Ishtass, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

The insinuation that Dzarn has friends who play EQ is quite the stretch.

I always envisoned Dzarn as being a mob boss, and all his friends are members of the mob...
  4. EnchFWO Augur

Idunno... it sounded like a pretty solid theory requiring tinfoil to me. Actually a very plausible scenario since that's more or less what happened.

Then of course some people kindly shared the completion "clues" and then the rest are holding onto them thinking it will get them a gold star sticker anyone else will care about in a month. If I figure it out, I intend to post it so that every other Enchanter can race the hold outs for the plaque on patch day. About 3 - 4 weeks to go so I think I'll manage! I think bursting some bubbles is more satisfying than getting my name on a plaque actually. :D
    RPoo, Vdidar and Teferi_Zebuxoruk like this.
  5. Azlynx Elder

I raced I thought there was a title but there isnt. It was still fun but it didn't impress any of the women I told. Oh well chloroform it is.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  6. EnchFWO Augur

I thought the titles were bugged and were being fixed with the July patch so... you should get it then? Maybe I misread some of the information.

ps. Chloroform takes too long to work. Up your game man!
  7. Arcainos Augur

perhaps we can leave the assault jokes and get back to topic?

When is the "July Patch" that keeps getting referenced anyway? July 6th? or end of the month?
    Ishtass likes this.
  8. Xanathol Augur

Seriously?

Pro-tip - join cross server channels & make friends! Devs didn't share info - players did.
    Sancus and Ssdar like this.
  9. Dzarn Developer

CakedUpMagi, Nniki, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Envy can lead men to ruin.

In fairness, even if Epic Retelling were announced all over the place, people would still complain about every little purported advantage because their name didn't make it on the plaque.

People would claim:
    - "I was on vacation for the week" (I need a three month notice).
    -"Insider information."
    -Certain program was utilized. Hacks, etc.
    - Elite raiders have a major edge.
    - Big guilds block certain class events.
    -I needed to stock up on energy drinks and pizza for the grind.

In many ways, the same is happening here but on a much smaller scale than the outrage of dozens of envy-laden players.

This thread was posted on Saturday. Any serious players who check forums or their achievements or visited EQresource channel were finally rewarded for their attention. In-game Guide Events frequently come out of nowhere and frequently only people sitting AFK in PoK get to do it.
    Rorce and Sheex like this.
  11. Azlynx Elder

I'm trying to but everyone is withholding information. What's better than chloroform bro.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

Pro-tip: don't assume that I haven't collaborated with cross-server friends. The only person who openly solved it won't share any tips. And if you were also me referencing the conspiracy theory... I wasn't being serious.

I feel like answering that latter question will get me forum suspended lol
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Oh man... how many words are in that thing?! Trying to see if I can find them all b/c I'm bored at work lol
  14. Rimelure Journeyman

Haha I'll stop too! Ya never know who will get buttburt no pun intended.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  15. Arcainos Augur

Yea, who would possibly be offended by two idiots making fun of sexual assault?
    Ishtass and Iila like this.
  16. Xanathol Augur

There are some who think you were or do themselves.
  17. Rimelure Journeyman

Deep breaths. It's not that bad. Don't take everything so hard.
  18. Arcainos Augur

/shrug. I think there are a lot of people who would disagree.
    Ishtass likes this.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Pretty sure I just stated a scientific fact about a chemical. Consider yourself educated. It's a common myth and is often misconstrued in media such as tv and movies.

Oh, I'm sure there are some who believe the 'conspiracy' that was posted. I'm not even the one who came up with the idea though :confused: I guess my tin foil hat wasn't enough sarcasm for the people who took it seriously. :rolleyes:
  20. Arcainos Augur

Yea...Cool story bro.
    Ishtass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.