ToV lockout oddity(dragon guards)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Jun 18, 2016.

1. taliefer Augur

so the guards with each dragon in ntov share a lockout mechanism, sorta. i'll use vyemm as an example. if you kill the named drakes that are vyemm's guards, you get the vyemm lockout. theres two issues here:

1. if you kill vyemm and the guards, the guards still spawn in the instance the next day, despite triggering the lockout on their own. this causes you to get additional time on your vyemm lockout. avoidable sure, but still seems wrong

2. you can simply kill one of vyemm's guards, leave vyemm up, and vyemm wont be up the next time you get the instance cause the guards triggered the lockout. this also seems wrong, and could be abused as a way of bypassing dragons in NTOV and still getting vulak to spawn. I doubt this was the intended use of instanced raiding.

this is the case for any dragon that has "guards"
  2. Trevalon Augur

Not only could be abused but has been by a few guilds known for abusing content.

I won't name those guilds cause RadarX will come nuke me (though ironically enough both guilds names start with the same letter...), but pretty much everyone knows which two guilds are scrub enough to abuse this kind of thing.
  3. Punchu Augur

Trev, buddy, you sure are holding lot of angst over stuff that has absolutely zero affect on you and your guild. Let it go man!
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

I'm enjoying my Onyx Gauntlets from one of our legitimate Vyemm kills. I don't know why anyone would want to skip Vyemm, unless it was a guild that couldn't kill it and just wanted to get past it and get a cheesy Vulak kill.
  5. Trevalon Augur

lol, I really don't care what you guys do in your guild.

I was just pointing out that what the OP said not only is able to be done but has been done by a few guilds that needed to do it in order to beat Vulak.
  6. bodes Augur

lol. I suppose you are the expert on "cheesy vulak kills"
  7. taliefer Augur

realize I worded issue 1 poorly and too late to edit!

the issues occur while tryin to split tov up into two days. the dragon guards still spawn the next day even tho they triggered a lockout. if you kill em again, they add to the existing lockout.

its avoidable, but if you have a new puller or somethin and they just go, hey look, drakes! can cause lockout time to be added.
  8. taliefer Augur

id just like them to iron out the kinks on things like this. like what if they link the taskmasters to cursed cycle in ssra? could easily blow that spawn.

just not sure why , or if its intended, that the dragons guards sorta halfway kinda but not really share lockouts with the actual dragons
  9. Amonra New Member

On a related subject, has anyone Feshlak been missing for anyone else? Two weeks in a row now he's failed to spawn for us. He off on his summer holiday or something?
  10. taliefer Augur

yea, he wont spawn on the second day if you try to split ntov up into two days for some reason. even if you don't kill the drakes in his room(I don't recall for sure atm if he does have any in there tho)
  11. Trackanon Elder

If you can't do all of ToV in one day or are trying to split Vulak for greed reasons, then I'm very excited to see your guild deal with VT.
  12. Soon Augur

I don't see any problem with not clearing ToV in one day. You can always improve the raids and shorten it. Walking on targets with numbers doesn't sound fun enough for me. Maybe for some cowardly joining a guild with number can also be an immediate solution, but well, that's not my cup of tea.
    Dither likes this.
  13. EQcleric Elder

OGC cleared ToV on day 3 i think of velious. Well within the 6hr timer.

We then decided to split vulak, since it provides more loot, and more of a challenge.

Not sure what either of your comments have to do with VT.
  14. Starr Elder

How does that work? You do complete clear except 1 lord or lady day 1 with one raid? Then next raid you split the raid and clear the last lady or lord before Vulak spawns?
  15. Finley Augur

Something along those lines happened to us and caused us to miss out on Lord Feshlak one week. Lord didn't spawn in our fresh instance, then we killed his guards and missed out on him completely for the week. Oh well. Current NTOV is workable; but I do hope they look forward to Vex Thal and make it easy to clear over multiple nights without being punished by trash reclear/lootless trash, etc.
  16. Pikallo Augur

Yes
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  17. EQcleric Elder

You generally leave up whatever lords you know you can handle with 40 people. You have to rekill all the trash. But an extra hour of work is worth it for 2x vulak. If you avoid all east mobs and dont kill zemm you can split dozekar also.
  18. Hadesborne Augur

Yes, Prathun, Can please look into this? Feshlak is not spawning in second day of ToV clears, even if you ignore his guards