New Dots? Whats the timeline to finish?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightops, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Nightops Augur

When the change to the dot system was announced a few months ago, I was looking forward to this change. I understood why they wanted to work with the classes like beastlord and enchanter first as a way of testing the waters. I also understood why it would take some time to adjust all of the dots spells within the game. But now it seems like the changes for the other classes (or main dot classes) have been stagnated or put on the back-burner to fine-tuning minor things in yet another progression server.

What is the current class being worked / and estimate to be finished with the Test server? Is it safe to assume the planned adjustments are to continue with the classes with a smaller amount of dots first... bst, enc..... ranger, bard?, dru or shm, then necro?

I realize the necro dots will be complicated because of the variables with recourses, AA, mods and variety. That is why I kinda figured they would be last to change as some of the unforeseen bugs could be worked out by the time they were to work on necros.

Has there been any mention of changing the aura / relics which put out damage on a pulse-type system? I know clerics have one of these for undead mob and I think there are a few others currently in game.

Is there a general timeline or goal to finish these changes... maybe something like completing 1 class per month?
  2. Rumlebrag Elder

yeah awaiting necro dots too since I main a necro... gimme new dots already, I feel left behind now having to cast a gazillion dots compared to other peeps now.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Xanathol Augur

I would not be surprised at all to find out that SKs, Shammies, and Necros will be the last to see any changes. At the current projected rate, that feels like it could be quite a number of months away, which seems rather ridiculous to me.
  4. Triconix Augur

I'm curious if they're going to upgrade the slot 3 augs for dots. Once the damage changes are put in place, the slot3 are going to lose a lot of relative power compared to what they are doing right now.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  5. Rumlebrag Elder

true, adding 200 damage to a 4000damage/tick is nada compared to a 1000damage/tick, they should be scaled as well.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

The week you'll have before they nerf the life return on boosted Bond just might be worth it though.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Kunon Augur

They didn't really think about all the different aspects that go along with the DoT changes as it relates to Necros. It will likely entail completely changing how the class is played (group and raid) so at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was released as a "feature" for the next expansion.
  8. Brohg Augur

I sure expected SK/dru this month, ahead of shm/nec midsummer. Pushing the project back is pretty mean to the folks (the necros) that the conclusion matters most to.
    Iila likes this.
  9. Derd Augur

I thought not a single necro wanted the new system? Isn't a delay what they wanted.
  10. segap Augur

I think it is leaving a lot of them in limbo. Not knowing if gameplay will still be something they enjoy or not when all is done. Not knowing how much to continue investing in their char at this time.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  11. Siddar Augur

Someone had the dumb idea that having DoT's overwrite last expansions DoT's was good idea. Its not. So were stuck with this dumb process instead of just increasing necro level 96-105 DoT's and removing the necro epic like should have happened in TBS beta like planned.

Instead we get almost two years of delay and wasted time . that is on top of the three to four years prior of that intended change hanging over the necro classes head and being used as a excuse to stagnate the class.
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

that and bard dot damage song..
  13. Warpeace Augur

Bard Dot's are like throwing water drops at stuff why would you do that ;)
  14. Derd Augur

So now necro's want the epic removed... I'm so confused.

But back to the point of this thread, given the time line it appears It will be months before necro's dot's would be finished, assuming that they will be the last one's to be completed. Relax enjoy the game, if you want, try having bard dps for awhile then you won't complain ever again no matter what they do to your insane dps, now or after revamp :)
  15. Siddar Augur

Necro have been told for 5-6 years that their epic is going to be nerfed whether they want it nerfed or not.
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Thats because the devs didn't understand that crit rate is crit rate no matter where it comes from. Be it passive AA, passive worn or activated buffs. Somehow they had it in their head worn crit rate from our epic was more magical than had it just been crit rate from AA lines. And thus our epic magically accounted for 40-45% of a necros dps (thats an exact quote thrown out by a dev) and continually got better as base dot power grew rather than staying a flat % regardless of the base dot power(again exact dev words).

I am sorry but thats scary and thats why most are concerned about whats going to happen with these dot revamps. Necros were all but told that since they have lots of tools to modify dots that more than likely they will receive much lower base dot increases and yet classes that basically share our passive mod's or that can twincast 100% of the time if they know what to do are getting 27K base dots well over what we will get. Putting us in a situation again where we need to cast 3,4 or 5 spells to get where others get from a single spell cast.
  17. fransisco Augur

Seriously? Show that quote that the devs know nothing. Also, tell me more about this class with a 100% dot twincast rate that has all the passive dot mods necros have ...

I smell troll...
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

It was during CoTF beta so I can't link it but both points are exactly what they said.

Talk to a well played enchanter.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

I was pretty sure Enchanters don't get the same ranks of passive crit rate AA and we certainly don't have a worn crit mod focus for DOTs... so technically Fransisco is correct even though the Twincast part is also true (which I'm fairly certain they know).

I'm not home right now to check the passive AA stuff so that may be the same, I can't remember.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

You have the exact same passive crit mods, much lower crit rate thats more than offset by the 100% twincast rate (with a 27K base dot because they seemingly ignored your dot modifying capabilities) and exact same benefit from worn focus boost - either group or raid.

Now the point wasn't that enchanters are suddenly more dps than a necro or to call out enchanters but merely to show that one cast of an enchanter dot takes up to 5 necro dots to catch up to because they got a 27k base dot despite what modifying effects they have whereas a necro is going to end up with way less because of what they can do once every 10 minutes or longer. The same concerns can and most likely will appear for other strong dotting classes like shaman, druids and shadow knights that also may or may not be overlooked in base tuning.