Luclin-Bazaar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skipper, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Skipper Augur

Will we have offline mode for bazaar mules? On Fippy as I recall, we didn't have it until the expac it was released.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Not till that expansion (which was like OOW? or something around there).
  3. Skipper Augur

That will be a pain for Phinny.
  4. Semah Augur

I also hope for offline mode, just so I don't have to run a computer overnight during the summer...
  5. Hateseeker Augur

It is a shame that we don't have /trader in some fashion pre-Luclin. I can understand not having in Classic only due to a bit of nostalgia, but there is a ton of stuff I just can't be bothered to try to sell. I can't be the only one that has made that choice. Shameful as it is at least there's only one more expansion to go. Of course, the market doesn't last too long after that since gear becomes so much no-trade.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  6. Vanrau Augur

Offline mode came about only a couple years ago. I don't think that should be tied to an expansion. It should come with the bazaar.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Off line trading came with Rain of Fear. I don't recall if it was in place on Fippy/Vulak when Luclin went live.
  8. EQForumAcct Augur

It's s shame that you expect all the good stuff from live in a progression server
  9. Hateseeker Augur

/trader is hardly "all the good stuff", but good try.
  10. Ducreux Augur

With the truebox restriction bazaar will be pretty sparse compared to a normal server or Fippy/Vulak without offline trading. Heck Daybreak might want to implement it just to encourage people to pay for a second sub to act as their offline trader box.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  11. Ronika New Member

I for one love having to spend hours in /auction and/or tunnel to hope that someone is selling the item(s) I want. /s

/trader in any form would be super nice to facilitate trades other than the crashing krono market on Phini.
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  12. Sepulch New Member

There is a lot of stuff from live that is in the game on Phinny, so I do not see why they should not allow offline trader when Luclin hits. The requirement to be online is absolete, detrimental to server load for unnecessary connections, I really don't see the point of not allowing it.

It's funny I keep reading 'truebox' while I see one box after another on Phinny. So if people can have a buff or rez bot aside, I do not see why they would not do it for their mule.
  13. Random newb Augur

No, what will be funny is when they load balance the bazaar and you've got 20 picks of bazaar to go through to find that one item you want.
  14. Ronika New Member

At this point I'd be OK with having to change zones 50 times if I can get what I need. I've been trying to buy a set of Crustacean Shell armor for over one week while being online in the tunnel for a good six - ten hours each day and I still don't have four of the pieces which to me seems crazy, but it's literally the same ~2-3 dozen people in the tunnel or /auction selling the same garbage items that no one wants or selling a handful of mid/high end items hoping to get a fortune for them not realizing that ship has sailed (here's looking at you AoN guy wanting 20+ krono).
  15. Moonii Elder

They have already stated offline trading wont be in, which seems a bit silly to me, but they left out all the other ease-of-use things too for nostalgia purposes.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasnt the bazaar very different back when luclin came out too ? like a different zone, not the silly uninspired thing we have now

I remember it being lines with stalls, not circles, more like an actual bazaar.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

back in those times there was an arena next to the old school stalls type bazaar.

Back then levitate was <bouncy> A player would bob up and down..

It's all fun and games until a pirate gets his eye poked out though as the saying goes..

People figured out how to use a dwarf to nudge traders out into the arena and kill them...

I was sad too, I liked the old bazaar arena because there were people in it all the time as it was convenient to where people were and it was smaller, lent an advantage to the slower, not so kitey classes.. It gave PvP players options and also more intimate for the audience.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

oh, and.. That old bazaar was set to limit 200 traders maximum, people who didn't even main as mages would roll a mage to cast modrods and lag out the traders on dial up connections so they could put their trader up. The new Bazaar design, just like the offsets in guild lobby / walls across hallways are to limit how much graphic writing is needed to help keep lag down.
  18. Aenoan Augur

MGB DMF worked way better for that. Not that I would know or anything.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  19. Rumlebrag Elder

ya don't need to worry about lag if using the old one "hide all traders" button, click it once = problem solved. when searching for an item, the trader you want will become visible, solves all lag issues.
  20. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

They changed it due to so many player models in such a small space, was laggy as heck, and most seemed to bunch up where the bankers were anyways - hardly using all the available space. If you've ever been to the guild lobby on live, where everyone hangs out by the throne; imagine that 50 times worse.

Sentinel. Jus' sayin'...

Though back to the OP. Offline trading really should be put in, mostly as a convenience; I mean I can leave my pc on all night, but I really don't want to. Not having it won't change how much bazaar-ing I do, just how convenient it is for me to do it - and how much electricity I use up while doing it. Clearly DBG hates the environment! :p
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.