An Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orbital101 Augur

The Lion, first forged for Goodurden! but was I supposed to get an ornament or anything else beside the title (which doesnt show in my title window) and 'The Lion' text on the plaque which sound just as good?

Options 7 in the reward window is identical as reward 5 and what should be option 6 is replaced by ' Choose not to take a reward
  2. Arcainos Augur

Congrats bud
  3. Riou EQResource

I think the titles are bugged for everyone, and i'm assuming the 2nd epic 2.0 ornament is supposed to be an ornament of the weapon that's on the plaque. Dzarn made it sound like these should be fixed in July patch (at least the classes reported broken so far)
  4. Zynrael Lorekeeper

I just completed the Rogue Epic Retelling with Lasai on Cazic Thule. I also don't see any new title. ornament options were the usual 1-3, then a number 5, which was identical to 3, my 2.0.

Not sure if this is working as intended.
  5. roguerunner Augur

Blah I couldn't find the extra thing to make the retelling different, will have to look harder for it tomorrow and try again
  6. Imak Augur

I completed the druid version. Got the chat log spam indicating success. Got the excited reply from Carolline indicating she had an artifact to give me. Also got the SYSTEMWIDE message congratulating me. However, the achievement didn't actually update until after I claimed the reward (which was listed as 1 AA and a 2.0 ornamentation). What dropped into my bags was a epic1 and also epic2 ornament.

Now that the achievement is updated, an additional checkbox has appeared within the achievement pane. indicating I have "Claimed the Unkempt as my own."

Guess we see what July brings.

ps. Also:
    [Mon Jun 20 22:44:27 2016] Lady Carolline of Thex turns her attention from the gates and begins to walk down the hall, she beckons you to follow.

^^ No, she didn't walk anywhere. I waited, she never moved from the spot. Eventually some other players approached and engaged her in dialog, so at that point I figured she wasn't going anywhere.
  7. Iila Augur

Every class is bugged and giving two options for the 2.0 instead of the new ornaments. Claim a reward from finishing the quest to get your achievement.

Are the server firsts also supposed to also get a title?
  8. Rondor Augur

For the server-first in the druid version, Lady Carolline of Thex also did not actually move when she beckoned me to follow her. But when doing this on my Shadow knight character, she actually moved towards the eastern round-room in the ramparts next to her.

Here's where the Plaque people mentioned above appears to be.

If you walk into the two circular rooms next to Lady Carolline, you'll see 16 vertical slabs on the wall. For every class that completes this An Epic Retelling achievement, you'll see a new weapon with a new unique look not seen before (as far as I know) appear on the wall.

If you click any of these new weapons-on-the-wall, you get some text telling you the name of the weapon, as well as the name of the first character who completed the achievement.

So indeed it's highly likely that the rewards are weapon-ornaments with the look of the new weapons-on-the wall. We'll see in the upcoming July patch hopefully, as per Dzarn's note that it should be all fixed up then!

Nice fun challenges.
  9. Oruatyrim New Member

As a side note, can you check on the cleric task? There are 2 parts on the raft, but because of the client/server timing they get a touch of of sync. The raft kind of warps when it starts and ends, both in the begining portion and when going from island to island after yaulp. A lot of people are touching the water and getting thrown back to the previous island while on the raft. If this is part of a 'perfect completion' achievement, I would hate to see it constantly failed because of that.
  10. Eanelder Augur

Totally missed that room, or the emote to follow her!

I got the system-wide message, and as a mage"Claimed the Confluence as my own". Will definitelyhave to check that out.

Have to say, I find it rather impressive that they are working on things like changing the environment based on server events ... there might be hope for this game yet.
  11. Wanuven Lorekeeper

Anyone having luck with these? I've been running ranger quest for hours and can't get any variation to work.
  12. Dzarn Developer

At this point, only 4 classes do not yet have at least 1 person who has completed the achievement.
    I am impressed.

Correction: 3 classes
    Riou and Iila like this.
  13. Riou EQResource

Isn't it only Cleric and Berserker atm? :p

hmm maybe Enchanter too?

I saw a Necromancer completed on Cazic this morning.
  14. Iila Augur

Necro got completed, so should be down to 3.

I had fun with the wiz and SK ones. The druid one I did the same way I've always done it, so I'm not sure what the special part was.
  15. Eanelder Augur

Wait ... variation?

I don't think I did anything different ... i just completed the same quest over although I did get something along the lines of "your new mastery of the elements will make for an epic retelling of your story." I will have to check my logs. But everything i did was fairly standard.
  16. Triconix Augur

I'm confused. Was it announced somewhere that the quest changed?
  17. Riou EQResource

Nope :D if you had it done 2x you got a new achievement under the old one :)
  18. Uuvin Augur

I had previously done the cleric epic request twice. I went and got the retelling. I did it. got nothing. did it again. got nothing. so far I have done it 4 times. I will try again.
  19. Triconix Augur

Oh, I've done it twice already for the 1.0 and 2.0 ornaments. Did it twice when it was brand new.
  20. Riou EQResource

A new achievement to show and do, you have to do it again and do the bonus way to get the new rewards added.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.