Test Update 6/8/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, Jun 7, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

What's the date modified on eqgame.exe? Also are you using something like patchme (if so does that shortcut point to eqgame.exe and not testeqgame.exe)?
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

6/7/2016 and yes I use a form of patchme. With or without the launcher the results are the same.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

testeqgame.exe is not in my folder and I don't think it has been in many years.
  4. Flyingelf New Member

For beta I'm not using patchme type stuff with a modified date of 6/17/2016 6:15am

Was kiting in nightmare then had to zone and crashed. Could not log back in. When my friend had to zone he subsequently crashed and could not log in-reoccurring theme.
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

^ that.

This started happening last night when people were already in-game. At some point around 8PM pacific, anyone who zoned after it started were crashed to desktop and couldn't re-enter, getting the 1017 error when they tried.

Testeqgame.exe , as far as I know, hasn't been a part of the main EQ install in many years. It's not currently present in this install, anyway.

Modified eqgame.exe date = 6/7 12:32 PM.

This was after doing a re-patch just a minute ago. I went ahead and deleted eqgame.exe and once again re-patched, the date modified is still 6/7.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

And yes, still getting 1017'd :)
  7. JChan Developer

What's the date modified on eqmain.dll?
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

6/7 12:34 pm
  9. JChan Developer

We're looking into other potential causes of these connection issues. It may be related to some internal company maintenance last night. No ETA.
  10. JChan Developer

OK, things should be clearing up now, let us know if you still continue to experience connecting / zoning issues. Thanks.