Quarm Event Server Coming July 2016!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Makes perfect sense. If you don;t play one the lower population servers, why insist that DBG use it as a dumping ground.. wtf do you care? Not you who's paying for it. EQ offers quite a variety of play styles.

Denizens of these servers might argue "Health" It seems to work just fine.

Not all servers are (Or should be) crowded greed farms and dps races. Plenty room for all.

I just said, if ya ain't got a dog in the fight, quit insisting DBG dump on people who don't want it. That's all.

and the $ point was.. There are literally hundreds of active live players on all of these servers, many are alts of people who raid, or play on busy servers, most are All Access, the server pays for itself just fine. It's a computer on a shelf.

and no, NOT by myself.. If you'd played on the server, you might learn they have deep friendlist communities.

It's all in /tell and /g, not so much in general.

YOU don;t get, that for a not insignificant population in EQ, lower population servers are more of a challenge and closer knit and to them <that> is healthy, not how many Krono are for sale in the bazaar.

and honestly, with /pickzones and the variety of servers on offer, rather silly that it's even an issue.
  2. Ootax Augur

You're arguments make no sense. And I highly doubt you speak for the entire server. Like I said someone mad a recommendation about TWO servers one of which is actually dead(vulak), the other close to it. And then you go on a rant about your $260 and how the server doesn't this or that like you're the server president. Relax a little and enjoy the game and not get b-hurt when someone makes a simple recommendation about two servers, there is also vulak which at peak times maybe has what 3 people? If that. Man, some people are so defensive these days, your rant came out of no where and for no reason. It's called dialogue and suggestions, nothing written in stone. You should try it sometime instead of acting like it's your way or no way.

Now, back to the actual topic of the actual thread, can someone from DBG give us some answers about the questions previously?? XP rate, beta, previous expansion raid zones being unlocked or keyed, etc, etc.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Well then..

1) I never claimed to speak for the entire server, but I do know how general chat went on them regarding this both before and post patch as I've talked to people. and have played on all of these servers..

2) Either way, better than talking for people on <other> servers you don't actually play on eh?

3) Not a rant, just hoping the extrapolation of hundreds of players paying similar amounts covering the cost of a computer wouldn;t elude you. That the fallacy of wasting otherwise useful resouces is sinking your game is silly. They could likely house all the low pop servers on 1 server these days

4) before pretending to chastise me for derailing the thread as you claim, might I ask, is iit hard to follow how I got here? I replied to:

which was suggesting exactly this:

which was one of those questions you were referring to.

My point being.. There is no "Just throw them" and.. I'd think the opinions of those actually playing ON these servers would matter more than people who do not, yet insist DBG change them after all this time when computational power these days can float many more players. Server space isn't the issue.

So, now that we are finally in agreement, let's get back to those questions.

:)
  4. eqnewb New Member

Can we assume that this option will give us enough currency to buy any one item from the corresponding expansion?

Would hate to see 250 flat number of currency, which would be enough coins for one expansion, but not enough for another. Or enough for a bracer in one expansion, but not enough for the BP, etc.
  5. Kontra Augur

I'm taking a guess here, but I bet OMM dies within 10 days of Quarm launch. (Assuming live exp rates)
  6. Tyche Elder

If you don't plan to play 18 hours a day for a few weeks straight you can forget any fantasy about getting the raid server first. There will easily be 50-60 people who will do this. Next you have to avoid areas where farmers are monopolizing named to sell for krono. Thankfully, lots of OoW is instanced but not everything so put on your dress and get ready for a drama party. That goes for signet and epic camps as well. Maybe pickzones will alleviate that somewhat depending where they are.

This won't stop me from trying it. I hate that every progression server starts in original and drags itself to its death rattle by OOW where I feel EQ finally gets interesting (GoD included). So for me, this will be about playing at level 70, going for my epic 1.5 and doing proving grounds missions.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  7. Crayon123 Augur

Exactly, this is more of an opportunity for those who missed out on OoW Era content and quests, which is fine. Just go into it knowing what it is, a temporary experience with limited attachment to your toon or items. I see it as more of a way to do something you haven't done before in EQ, without blasting through it at 105 with mercs in a few minutes. Don't think it will be very popular though, Everquest is a game that revolves around developing your character, this concept won't appeal to many people unfortunately.

That said, I'll give it a try as long as there are enough players for the group progression and trials. If not, no big deal, maybe Event II will be more interesting and a unique concept like Discord was.

If the experience rate sucks, it will be a ghosttown however.
  8. taliefer Augur

if the exp rates are like phinny, its an easy pass for me.

if the rates are reasonable, it will be fun to level up and knock out the group trials for the rewards. wont invest alot into the character since i dont have any interest in playing on a standard ruleset server after the event ends.
    Ducreux and Potawatomi like this.
  9. Ootax Augur

The xp is going to not only effect the server population but also how fast OMM is beat. I doubt it will be a highly populated server regardless just based on the amount of interest so far. If they made the rewards better then I'm sure it'd go over pretty well. I'm playing on it just because I like that era of content. But this is a first for them so maybe then make adjustments on the next event and it'l be better.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Devs should test with a Test guild instead of having a guild come over from Live but of course we wouldn't want to break from years of tradition just to do things in a logical manner.
  11. Potawatomi Augur

They've explained their reasoning before, no need for the salt.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Experience rate on Quarm is set to same the rates as our live servers. I've edited the initial post to call this out.

Depending on how fast people level on beta, we may do something to help players there test the content. When Quarm goes live in July, the plan is for this server to have the same XP modifier as our live servers.
    Ducreux likes this.
  13. Ootax Augur

What about previous expansion raid zones? Will those be unlocked or flag/keying needed for them?
    Dujonian likes this.
  14. Rhoulicas Augur

Server catered to raiders only! Not interested.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. LadyRanger New Member

It sounds like someone who only plays one class would end up with multiple characters on the "new server" of that class if they participate in more than one Event on Quarm. For example, Event 1 is over and ranger1 is moved to the new server. Event 2 starts, you create ranger2 and work through the content. When Event 2 ends ranger2 will be moved to the same server as ranger1. Most people also tend to use the same name on their characters because people know them by that name. So, you could end up with 2 (or more) rangers on the same server, one with your favorite name and another with the name and an X at the end?

Unless I am missing something, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose you could create a different class each time and then you MIGHT continue playing your characters on the "retirement server". Personally, it doesn't seem worth all of the time and effort involved in playing a character for 3 months and then tossing them aside and starting over. But that is just my own opinion.
  16. taliefer Augur

you get the rewards if you simply complete some group content, how do you figure its catered to raiders?
  17. taliefer Augur

its a fun diversion. i plan on playing on quarm, completeing the group content, and then never playing that character again. with live exp rates it really shouldnt even be that bad leveling from 51 to 70, lessening the investment needed on a throwaway character.

i'll then claim the rewards on my main character
    Pukkun likes this.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Well to be fair doing the MPG group trials in group gear completely in Era, is pretty difficult. More effort than some people might want to put in, so they make a blanket statement "only for raiders".
  19. taliefer Augur

i dont remember them being overly difficult, its just a matter of figuring out the trick to each one. how to open the chests, mobs that take more damage from different weapon types, etc. which at this point shouldnt be that hard to google and find out.

could be remembering wrong, i'll find out tho! dont plan on spending the time to raid here, just knock out the group trials with some friends
  20. Ravengloome Augur

I didn't find them difficult either, but I know many folks did. I miss that style of endgame group content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.