Quarm Event Server Coming July 2016!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adonhiram Augur

On live too, iirc, Anguish always has been an instanced expedition.
  2. Kontra Augur

I am curious about what Ducreu brought up as well...it doesn't seem to make sense that the picks would all be able to spawn lower tier raids, but not the main one, as this is the exact opposite of the way it works now! Definitely looks interesting though
  3. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I won't be heading there as I am not a raider in any way. But it sounds like an interesting concept, so I hope those who do check it out have fun.
  4. Ducreux Augur

You can get the rewards by just doing the 6 group trials.
  5. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Yup, but I know nothing of that era (OoW) since I quit EQ before it came out, nor do I honestly have time to dedicate learning it and grouping. Not an excuse, just the way it is.

Now make a crafting server and I'm all for it :)
  6. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

I'm curious how quickly the content can be defeated. A week or two?
  7. Ootax Augur

That will depend on what the xp rate is and if the previous expansion raid zones are unlocked. Also they did mention the raids may be different than they where originally. I believe on Fippy it was beat in like 3 or 4 days but they where level 65, AA'd, geared up on GoD era gear. I would think closer to a month maybe to beat it.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Re:

"Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server."

As a long time player on Trakanon server I have questions regarding this server and the current downtime of trak... is Trak about to become the dumping ground for used Quarm toons?

Also... For those who build characters on Quarm.. what of housing, guild halls, etc.? Transferrable or do they poof with the end life of the server?
  9. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

It says in the explanation that the server includes up to OoW. As guild lobby is DoN there will be no housing or guild halls.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Point taken.

What of Trak though?

The people who play on Trak <like> the way it is... You see all those years of posts about mage armies, griefers, trains, afk players?

Like NONE of those posts came from Trakanon players... ever... hehe

Is the downtime coincidental to this or preparatory for this?

Another potential issue is.. Transfers off trak have been free forever and people often build new characters there to later transfer.. would be kinda rude to suddenly make it NO transfer while people are building under an existing ruleset.
  11. taliefer Augur

the trakanon downtime is hardware maintenance, it said it right on the website.

they also said "new" server, not a preexisting server.

so theres going to be a new server, standard live ruleset, no transfers off. i imagine this server will be the consistent dump point for all the quarm resets.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

/random Quarm thoughts..

what if they threw a Quarm and noone did the event, but just farmed stuff for when Quarm event ended?

If all characters leaving quarm are going to the same server after each event, can players who wish to play on that server free transfer / Roll toons there to begin with so there is a consistent flow of new blood or will the new server experience overwhelming rushes each time an event ends?

51/50, but what of unlocks? Present day? (My 72 bard just looted in Fear Itself for instance and a friend on Luclin has PoP raid gear on a lvl 10) What condition for the sleeper? Tink Masks, Prenerfs like CoS..

and..

OK, so I put my heart and soul into a raidworthy in era character, then the event ends, the character gets moved to this new server and.... Quarm runs a new event and I need a new character?

Can we name the Quarm hand me down server Quarmageddon?

Isle of Misfit Toons was taken by a guild as I recall. ;-)
  13. Amenn New Member

I don't know if anyone remembers the Discord server event but they need to bring that back. If you don't remember, Discord was a "hardcore" server, if you died you went back to level 1.
    Jamazar likes this.
  14. flaxican New Member

Cipheron in Wall of Slaughter?
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This question wasn't specifically directed at this Quarm event. In the future we might expect later expansions.

Question stands, let's rephrase though.

If future Quarm events occur in later expansions where Guild Halls and Housing are era correct, do guild halls move when server resets?

Future Guild Trophies etc?

and will the dump server for lack of a better term BE real estate/ marketplace friendly in anticipation of such future Quarm types incoming? and if so, when? When OOW people move?
  16. Sunfuz New Member

^ This
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disappointed this isn't a Planes Of Power server. :(

How long will each event be up ?
  18. Your_Ad_Here Augur

They stated 3 months in the main description post, but can change if need be apparently.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I raid on Luclin play family time on Trak.. If you don't PLAY on the lower population servers, <please> stop telling DBG to on them. There <are> people on these servers who remain... becaue we LIKE the way they are. people on these servers tend to be much more like OLD EQ, where life is harder and people respect that more and the world is smaller. if you're a tool, <everyone> knows in 15 minutes.

No room for greedy Krono traders when there are 4 people up in bazaar, or the people who gank whole zones at a time, for days, weeks, to pay for them.

Me (3 accts)
    GF (2 accts)
    2 adult offspring (3 accts)

8 accounts at roughly $260.00 (sub and expansion) annually each. give or take.

Pay my subs if you're going to tell us how to play aight?
  20. Ootax Augur

WTH this makes no sense. There is a very limited population to begin with on these two servers. If those servers doubled, even tripled it would still be a limited population. And what is this
    . Where is the quoted poster telling you how to play? Get off your high horse, people are making suggestions on how to improve the severs overall health, you may not like it and want you server all by yourself which is fine but don't go acting like your $260 is going to make or break things for the other players or DBG.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.