TLP Cultural - do not meet requirements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, May 16, 2016.

1. Catashe Augur

More than anyone has a right to expect. Honestly I'm shocked we got as many bug fixes out of ya as we did ;) Thanks for everything!

Whatcha think they should lower it too? I was thinking 285-300 on final combine.. Even 300 while not that much lower will help even alittle since you only have to go from 250 to 300
  2. -wycca Augur

Thanks for the response Ngreth.

On a side note, while there are some potential skill-up gaps, ones that were addressed much later with loam/etc and those changes, that very difficulty aspect is pretty in-line with old school tradeskills. There's still paths, just takes some extra work and planning. I don't fully expect to hit 300 smithing for example until PoP.
    Lithien likes this.
  3. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

I guess you missed my earlier post, but I suggested keeping the BP at 335, and spreading out the rest starting at about 260 ish. Giving a fairly even progression up from 1 sheet/ring to 3. (And similarly for the tailoring)
  4. Elthorien Elder

Nothing in patch notes.
    1) someone forgot to add to patch notes
    2) its not live this patch..

guess will find out in about 2.5 hours
  5. Elthorien Elder

in reguards to trivial
    currently all pieces. wether is bracer or breastplate are trivial 335
    i would say start at 250 for face/bracer 1 sheet items and work up to 300 for breastplate
    and yes, that is a LOT of recpies..
    some races have more then 4
    human cultural has LOTS.. for various gods.. and has freeport version and qeynos version
    however..
    can look up all the recipies on eqtraders.. the key component, as mention befor, is the celestial temper
  6. Prathun Developer

Oops. These changes are in, but they did not make the list of patch notes.
    Thank you for pointing this out!
  7. Ronika New Member

Long shot, but I'd really like to race change my SK Ogre to Dark Elf.

I have an 11 piece set of Imbued Ogre War Plate (Rallos Zek).

Would any of ya'll have the DE equivalent they'd be willing to trade?
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Unfortunately, it is not that simple a search since the temper is part of a sub-combine, not a final combine. And the sub combines are different per armor type and race.
    It seems I missed a step in the making patch notes. They changed a few procedures while I was out. The changes were made and should be in.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  9. Catashe Augur

Wait so what your saying if that there isn't just ONE celestial temper in your item database that theres one for EVERY race? no wonder you wanted the item numbers.. lol Cause you'd figure if you didn't want BD cultural to be in you just name the temper restricted to luclin and let the rest of the sub-combines be made whenever since he don't really matter if they want to waste money on the other sub combines you can't make the armor without the temper.. You know kinda like how certain items or quests that are out of era stuff are still in.. You just can't make them or complete them cause they are missing a key ingredient..

But anyway whats done is done... Thanks for fixing the cultural stuff Ngreth.. I'm sure we'll see each other again in luclin probably ;)
  10. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

THANK YOU

Just confirming that the DE recipes do indeed work now. I'll hire a not-too-hideous ogre lady to give you a big kiss on my behalf (or perhaps a Halfling, I hear you may be into that sort of thing ;) ).
    Prathun likes this.
  11. lilhunny New Member

Just tried the dark regent bracer on lockjaw, it is still broken.
  12. Dersk Elder

Good, regent armor isn't situable for lockjaw's current expansion. The dark elf cultural armor that was fixed with this update is adamantite.
    Umbraeques likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are cute!

What Dersk said. The "blue diamond" cultural comes later (Luclin)
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No. I'm saying Celestial Temper itself is not part of the final combine that makes the armor. Instead, it is part of the sheet/ring/cloth/etc. I.E. infused Medium Quality rings for one, Infused Adamantite Plate for another (not exact names... just examples)

But this is academic at this point. Part of the Progression server point is the "classic" feel, and classically there is this skill gap. So, we are leaving the trivials where they are.

And yeah. I'm sure there will be niggles!
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  15. Catashe Augur

So Ngreth.. Can I ask another favor? Apparently the Imbued jewelry aka stuff like the Imbued platinum fire ring isn't mark Velious either but a later expansion but it should be marked Velious cause the old imbued jewelry was added during Velious
    http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=3345
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Those stats seem awfully high for Velious. Was it one of those late additions? We found a few things like this released about two months before Luclin that we're just going to leave for Luclin because it affects balance on early Velious.
  17. Catashe Augur

Lol well techincally that could have been said as the original reason cultural armor wasn't tagged Velious even though it was added in Kunark.. let me go digging and I'll find the date it was put in.. My memory is telling me March or May after Velious was released so would have been a good 5-7 months before Luclin
  18. Catashe Augur

Apparently I was wrong, hell they were added in January 2001.. January 31st to be exact... Barely a month and a half after the launch of Velious.. WELL before Dec 2001 when Luclin was released

Ah how I love the wayback machine
    Feb 2001 snapshot of Eqtraders
    https://web.archive.org/web/2001021...ders.com/secrets/recipes_jewlcraft_imbued.htm

June 2001 snapshot of Eqtraders
    https://web.archive.org/web/2001060...ders.com/secrets/recipes_jewlcraft_imbued.htm

All hail the Denmother!
  19. taliefer Augur

i must be missing somethin, most of that imbued jewelry looks like hot garbage
  20. NeonTribez Journeyman