Queued Invites

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Hiya,

Is there any way possible to make any type of invite; be it guild, group, raid, etc - to be queued the way tells are? Its so frustrating when people lose their invite because they were zoning, etc.
  2. Rumblerum Augur

I don't like this idea. In fact, why are you even frustrated about this? Is it so hard to send a tell and ask them if they received it? Is it so difficult to resend that invite? How many buttons do you have to push? Give me a break.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I do not like this idea either. I would rather campaign for five mercs in my group so that I never have to send a group invite again.
    Aghinem, Alekyne, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  4. Rumblerum Augur

You fail in math? Just curious because I don't recall 1 + 1 = 5. Must be some new-fangled algebra.
  5. Rumblerum Augur

Oh yeah, what's "Hiya?" Is that some secret Himalayan dialect? Again curious.
  6. Stune Augur

This would take away the annoying part of EQ we love!!!

how dare you suggest such a thing :)
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What I usually do is spam send the invite a couple of times....as in, invite invite, pause 10s, repeat. If they actually got the invite you'll get the "this player has other invites pending" message and can stop, and if you don't they're still zoning. That covers it the vast majority of the time.
  8. Rumblerum Augur

No, the best way, other than stop being lazy and trying to play the "oh look I said 'Hiya' so please give me what I want" angle, queue up the tell, wait a few mins, and just spam it again.

If they get offended and ignore you, why invite them?

Edit: yes, see thread above mine for answers. Why ignore common sense and simple facts?
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Obviously none of you have formed a raid.

This would be a real timesaver for raid leaders.
    Aghinem likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

That's great, but you didn't say why its a bad idea. Are you going to provide any real feedback, or just spew your usual vitriol and cause another thread to get locked? Maybe you will make it 3 for 3. I don't think I am alone in my observation that a majority of your responses are nothing short of sarcastic and sour.
    Vdidar, Sancus and Elricvonclief like this.
  11. Rumblerum Augur

Well, let me see, which excuse should I dig up from other threads and rehash them here.

Oh, because it would take "precious," limited resources and waste them on useless stuff.

Seriously, you're the ignoring the facts.
  12. Aghinem Augur

What facts? Why is this a bad idea?
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

Imagine inviting 54 people to a raid. You do realize that a significant portion of those folks will be moving to the raid, while it is forming?

This is a simple idea that would make things easier, and less irritating. If it would take a huge amount of time, of course there's other more important things to work on.

However if it's a small amount of time, then it would be worth it.
    Gundolin likes this.
  14. Gundolin Augur

This is a great idea.
  15. Makavien Augur

This is a great Idea and should of been added 10 years ago.Rumblerum and you wonder why you can't get groups? Or have you figured out your personality seems to be extremely toxic?
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Makavien Augur

I group with people all the time must be how you approach it.I gave a level 75 ranger like 10 million in gear just a few months ago he has 3 high level characters because he seen the game has evolved and if you want to progress easier you follow along with the evolution of the game.Looking for group in this game changed 8 or so years ago and we all realized that and took advantage of today's computer power