Firiona Vie Forum

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Hiya,

We're not TLP, we're not PVP, nor are we the standard ruleset. We are just FV. More often than not, when any article is drafted up - if anyone from FV puts forth an opinion; one of the most common remarks I see in retort is "yeah, well you're from FV so your opinion means jack".

So given that it seems at least that opinions of those from FV are met with such low regard, perhaps its time we have our own forum to discuss situations that deal directly with FV?
  2. Iila Augur

You can keep using the newbie zone.
    Elricvonclief, Kravitz, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  3. Aghinem Augur

[IMG]
  4. Warpeace Augur

See what we have to deal with.....rofl
    Andarriel and Aghinem like this.
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

I look at it this way..

people out side of FV look at us like dogs...

from my view its so much better. all the other servers just boring.

its like this

Normal server
    [IMG]

FV Server
    [IMG]
  6. Goranothos Augur

Heh, I haven't noticed any FV hate on here. Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention. I moved to FV from Druzzil Ro several years ago, and have no regrets. I love the fact that most items on FV are droppable. It makes plat actually worth something. The server seems very active also.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Hate? maybe from the fact you cant leave the server. This has cause issues with "stolen" accounts being transferred and their gear sold on FV server. Probably the biggest issue there.

Can follow that up with peoples fear of being able to buy and sell game items and if a FV toon ever transferred to their server it would wreck their economy....however its acceptable for a raid character to come to FV with bags of top end raid gear and sell It there:mad:. Would like to see their gear transferred with to FV slapped with a no trade flag.
  8. Goranothos Augur

Not following you there. If they ever did allow a FV toon to transfer off with gear, and I doubt that will ever happen, it wouldn't wreck any server's economy since all that gear would immediately become no trade again.
  9. Hellboy007 Augur

how about that guy that was selling 15 of the 17th raid aug for 30Mpp lastnight.. things that make you go hmmm.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Goranothos Augur

If there is one thing I've learned from watching Pawn Stars and Gas Monkey, asking isn't the same thing as selling.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Personally, I believe that a lot of people who seem hostile, twords the FV server is due to all the negativity (based on normalized servers status) that the FV has.

1) - Negative to normalized ruleset servers : Trading raid gear (an to a lesser extent all gear)
    To those from normalized servers, this appears to mean you can suck so bad you literally have no clue how to play a toon, yet your decked out in newest Raid gear automatically (to magelo pad) if you have the requiset plat or krono's to purchase.

That to a normalized server is a negative.

2) - I've known multiple people over the years whos characters have ended up on the FV server, this to a normalized server means death. You must now suck up to which ever self appointed righteous player / clique is thee "power" on the server, or you face utter ruin, as there is NO chance you leave FV with the gear you joined FV with .. (thus means death)

That to a normalized server is a negative.

3) - Being from a Different rule set server means you are effected differently then the VAST majority of the games servers so when this happens an FV people get upset about this or that .. Well guess what to the other servers YOUR .. a minority, and lets be real as Spock said, The needs of the many, out weight the needs of the few ..

That to a normalized server is a positive.

To sum up, Being on a different rule set server, its you that are the minority, thus by the vast majority of the games population, and by all points listed above, Yes .. you can have a point of view, however .. to most on normalized servers, that point of view, is always skewed .. no matter the reasoning.

Hey lets be real the VAST majority of trolls are ON .. the normalized servers FV peeps, so .. bering that in mind.. Do not take the words of a few, an generalize then into a blanket statement for the ENTIRE normalized server rule set Game that with out which, there would be zero FV or Progression servers.

That's my two cp's..
  12. Stune Augur

Security is your own issue, as well at the time SOE. Time and time again it was broken by hackers and the player base. It is your fault if you leave your account in someone else's hands, or share it with another person and lose it. Weak passwords, and stolen forum accounts are an issue.

It has nothing to do with FV, it was a way to transfer and sell of your items, easier. We all should know this from years ago abuses, nothing new here. Any server you can sell accounts. Accounts where being sold off just after beta. I know i was approached to sell mine. TM had its own website up selling off accounts then.

Then we had accounts being shared......
  13. Aghinem Augur

While I will agree it is plausible to have a toon with the best gear in the game while sucking, the raid guilds aren't going to let someone actively participate in raid events if they don't know how to play their character right. They may be able to get recruited, but won't survive the probationary period unless they learn VERY quickly.

This is not true. You don't have to suck up to anyone. Just don't transfer to FV and act like a jerk. You attract more flies with honey than you do vinegar. I've often said I don't care how great of a player is, if you act like an elite, pretentious @$$ - I don't want you in KOI. What makes FV actually quite unique is the reputation factor. If you are a troll, a jerk, a scammer - the only potential way out of a bad rep is to spend $25 to have a name change; and even then, people still get tracked down. I think many people would be surprised that the majority of people on FV are actually very nice.

While we are on a special ruleset server; the mechanics of the game are still the same. The only real differences FV has compared to other servers is:
    • You can't transfer off
    • 50% additional experience modifier
    • Language barriers
    • Most loot can be traded
    Those four attributes do not make any of the content more trivial than standard rulesets, all it does is just marginally expedite the process of accessing the end game content.
    Hence why I don't think it would be a bad idea for FV to have their own forum to discuss issues on FV. A lot of people carry a predisposition against players of FV; and to be honest, its unwarranted being our money is just as green as those who play on standard.

Really appreciate your input on the subject matter. :)

I agree with this 110%.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My issue with FV in general is when some folks there tend to post things about how superior the ruleset is and that everyone should be made to use it, along with those opposed being an ignorant bewb for not agreeing. It's up there with the TLP "haha live servers are dead, we are the future, recognize!" mentality.

On the plus side, FV does give us all opportunities to use the term "chop shop" a lot, which is (almost) worth it!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Enigma Maitreya Augur

*Shrug* I had a 51 Necromancer and a 50 Druid on FV, started and advanced while there was only 1 character per account. Ironically, I have been playing on FV for the last week ....

When FV went from having 1 character per account to the same as the rest of the server ... well It's status changed. Yet it retained everything. Not sure that was a good idea. I am not sure FV is the server it was designed or intended to be. To say that things are out of control on FV is an understatement. Summoned folded bags of Top Armor and Arms for 500 plat? Seeing many players selling Krono's for 1.7MP?

FV was supposed to be about account/character accountability, role playing preferred etc. From my week of play there ..... well it isn't about either of those things. How about this morning some one comes in ranting about how no one knows what fantasy is, that no one at DB has ever read or experienced a fantasy.

I am not sure what FV is and I am not advocating anything change about it, but there is a side of FV that .... is simply outside my personal perception of acceptability ... yet I am playing there and trying to stay insulated from FV players. How IRONIC, to stay insulated, I am using the two (one on each account) Heroic Slots I purchased, to provide the things I have come to think I need to have to play EQ. I find myself advancing a temp HC to get a pet that will allow me to leverage that to get things for the lower characters. How IRONIC indeed.,
  16. Aghinem Augur

None of this had anything to do with creating a FV specific forum, but thanks for the input. o_O
    Indrigoth likes this.
  17. Hellboy007 Augur

there is nothing up there with that idiotic mentality... TLP always dies... not sometimes.. ALWAYS.. unless they create new TLP every 6months which eventually people will be so sick of doing things over and over again.

basically there is some ~14 normal servers.. spread TLP over that many servers how dead will they all be?

TLP is cancer to the real everquest. sucking the life and dev time for the future is whats going to kill it all off.
  18. Warpeace Augur

The ability to trade or sell almost anything adds realism to the game. Not sure why people have issues with that part of the rule set.
  19. Aghinem Augur

I agree. 5 years on FV, and I truthfully can say I have never seen anyone slander the standard servers or boast that FV is the best. However, when people transfer to FV - I do see them fall in love with it quickly and say "Why didn't I do this sooner?", but nothing what Sheex suggests - though not saying it didn't happen either. I'm sure there are idiots out there who may have made stupid comments, but I think its safe to say the majority of us don't feel that way.
    Indrigoth and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

A recent example:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fv-server-transfers.219195/page-5#post-3199444

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fv-server-transfers.219195/page-9#post-3203028

A lot of you guys actually participated in this thread, too, and the topic does seem to come up every so often for FV and separately for Test.