TLP Cultural - do not meet requirements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, May 16, 2016.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Ngreth - here are some links that might be helpful with a variety of information included for your use:
    TLPBeta-Old Cultural Armor: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-132
    Unable to craft Dwarven Plate Cultural Armor https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-131
    Ragefire TLP - Kunark Era Halfling Cultural Tailoring Recipes https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-134
    Ragefire TLP - Essence of Sunlight Not Dropping https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-136
    Enchanted Elven Chain Armor (HIE Cultural) Doesn't Work on Phinigel Server https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-902
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Also for TLP players, after Ngreth's changes go through in the patch - we'll most likely need assistance from you guys to update the issues posted above with what is confirmed as fixed/still needing repair, etc.
  3. Catashe Augur

No I mean its supposed to drop off of sand giants but don't seem to be dropping unless i just can't get it to drop and I remember a Dev or someone saying that it was flagged as a GoD item so it won't drop til GoD... Except it should be dropping in at least Kunark if not before because its a requirement for Royal Temper
  4. Catashe Augur

And do you want me to start listing out the Luclin cultural combines? I have this strangest feeling we going to have to do this again in 3 months.. no offense ;) lol
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So drop...
    And unfortunately... this isn't even being "restricted" It is not on ANY NPC drop tables. It is on a merchant that is labeled as DoN :/
    maybe? When I was doing searching to find the recipes to change, I saw lots of the Blue Diamond / Celestial temper stuff, and it seemed to be flagged for Luclin. There may of course be random holes... but...
  6. taliefer Augur

always been a fan of plugging random holes
  7. Catashe Augur

Ugh figures... Its supposed to be a drop in old world so humans can make their qeynos cultural which in Luclin means no Heladric armor.. I can see the uproar now if it ain't fixed =\ Its supposed to at the very least drop off sand giants in North/South Ro... I'd also love to know what merchant selling essence of sunlight cause it was never sold on merchants as far as I know.. it was always a drop... =\ I know you probably don't trust the P99 wiki but.. link below
    http://wiki.project1999.com/Essence_of_sunlight

EQtraders
    http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=2335&menustr=035000000000

I'll think about it.. I got 3 months to do it lol... That's a lot of cultural pieces since you guys doubled the cultural stuff in Luclin
  8. -wycca Augur

9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I thought it was a Forage item? I have a bunch on my old druid.
  10. vardune Augur

Thank you Ngreth Thergn
  11. Iila Augur

Was Celestial Temper added with the Earring of the Solstice quest stuff? That should be Luclin.
  12. Catashe Augur

which is what it said? the stuff is flagged Luclin
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a bug in the tool I was using to search... I went the harder way and found it. It is restricted for Omens. Unfortunately, this is after design lock, so it is going to have to wait. I'll try to get it in for a future patch, or roll in with a possible hotfix (sorry not gonna ask for a hotfix just for essence of sunlight, but if another is going...)
  14. Catashe Augur

There we go that makes sense cause I remember a dev or someone saying essence of sunlight was link to Omens cause its needed for some 1.5 epic... And oh come on.. you just came back to the team.. You know you wanna suggest it for a hotfix just to see the look on their faces... lol j/k As long as its in before Sept 25th or whenever Luclin launches its all cool.. ;)
  15. Iila Augur

I was offering support/confirmation, not a contradiction.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. -wycca Augur

Thanks for the side work on this stuff!

On a side note, has anyone played with some of the velious imbued recipies to make sure theyre in? Ie the bertox black sapphire stuff, imbued solro fire opal, etc?
  17. Elthorien Elder

ok, now that it appears that these issues will be fixed... I have another request to be taken a look at.

With the release of the expansion dragons of norrath, tradeskill cap was increased, and alot of the trivials were adjusted.

Fine plate used to be 248 for the BP, it has been adjusted downward to 188, Mistiletoe cutting sickles were over 300 trivial, and were adjusted downward to 250... banded was lowed from high 100s to 88 if i recall the numbers correctly.

PROBLEM.. the Shadows of luclin cultural (aka Blue Diamond armor that uses the celestial temper) was not adjusted downward, it is still trivial 335... this creates a massive gap in the skilling up process that a solution to will not be available until the dragons of norrath expansion which adds the 3rd teir of cultural armor with the world drop ore / loam / silk / leather/ marrow ect ect.

Request: that the shadows of luclin "blue diamond" cultural armor (and weapons for Trolls cultural stuff) be adjusted downward by the same percentage as all the other tradeskill changes. I guesstimate that the trivials should be around 280, seeing as fine plate went from 248 down to 188, and cutting sickles went from 300+ down to 250.
  18. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Well from 250 - 335 is a pretty big jump, you're right. What might be a better adjustment is to keep the BP at 335, and move down the other pieces and space them out, similar to all the other sets of armor available. Start off the visor at somewhere around 260, and move up from there, you've got 13 pieces to cover 75 trivial points (or so) shouldn't be too hard.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can speak with the team, but. I'm not sure a change will be forthcoming on this as this affects all servers (there is no *reasonable* way to make that exclusive to TLP servers.) It may be reasonable to change it for all servers, but it is not a decision I can unilaterally make, AND it is not a small task (as has been implied in this forum, there is a large amount of this armor) and we have to evaluate the priority of changing old content vs creating new content.
    Please read that carefully. It's not saying we will never address changes to old content, or that we ignore old content (see changes just made) but that we have to evaluate it, especially in relation to the amount of work involved in the changes vs. the imperative to create new content, which is also very important to the health of the game.
    Lithien, Gyurika Godofwar and Jenarie like this.
  20. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

I fully understand, each race has in the region of 4 sets of 13 pieces each, so you're looking at 52 pieces per race to change. That's a lot of pieces to find and alter.

Though the impact on live servers I suspect would be minimal; I doubt anyone makes this stuff anymore - it was excellent for tribute once, but for the hassle to put it together, there are much easier ways to get tribute now on live. This change on the TLP servers would certainly give us a path past 250, and make this armor slightly easier to make at least some of, and not restrict it to the most utterly die hard (and super rich) players.

Honestly I'm just glad you're willing to have any dialogue with us at all. Feed back from a dev on an issue, is extremely appreciated (even if the answer is 'no', getting the answer is better than being ignored). So thank you for your attention, the tradeskillers certainly appreciate it!
    Lithien likes this.