Are the Eyes of Life/Decay as good as i think they are?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weebaaa, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Weebaaa Augur

So, I'll admit sometimes Lucy's, or raidloots descriptions can mislead me, so I'm going to check with you all.

Are the focus effects on these items, either complete garbage or amazing? Because, if I'm interpreting them right, they should stack with everything, or hardly anything.

If they stack like I think they do, and function like I think they do, then they increase the damage on everything that isn't auto attack, by almost 10%, and do the same for healing? (What about self healing via liftaps?)

If so, wouldn't that make these some of the most important, impactful items created in recent years? (Also focus to level 110, woo!)
  2. Triconix Augur

I've found that their absolute garbage for me as a warrior.
  3. Weebaaa Augur

Ohhh. Yea. Ouch.
    Not much in the way of skill attacks there huh
  4. Sarcogian Augur

The augs are awesome for hybirds. They affect, I believe, any and all forms of spell damage. For sk's they're very over powered. I know none of the sks that have it will admit it unless I'm wrong and they're correcting me, but it's double effective for them on taps because it's a 10% increase to the damage, then another 10% to the heal received. So for round numbers. 1000 damage tap that gives 100 health back is now a 1100 damage tap that gives back 121 (10% of the original 110 10% heal). For all other classes it's just a normal 10%. Pure melee (warrior monk rogue zerker) get rubbed over pretty well on it, but it's the thought of having something nice that counts, right?
  5. Weebaaa Augur

Am I wrong in thinking that it works on backstab, frenzy, vigorous dagger throw, etc?

But yea, lifetaps often get to double dip. Hax, lovely, lovely hax
  6. Sancus Augur

I haven't even looked at the heal aug, but the damage one is quite good. It uses SPA 413, which Augmenting Aura and spell focus AAs also use. This means that the 10% increase in damage crits, is focused, etc.
  7. Cicelee Augur

In a game where everyone rushes out in the new expansions to replace their AC 40 augments with an AC 42 augment, or where you replace your 170 hp with 200 hp, or you have a 7 SD augment that you improve with a 8 SD augment...

I would say that improving heals or damage by 10% is beyond worth it. Especially if you spend hours and hours to improve your worst mana augment by 60 when you are rolling around with 140k, and you think that is a huge upgrade for your toon...
    Sancus and RPoo like this.
  8. Weebaaa Augur

Dooooes that mean it doesn't stack with augmenting aura ?
  9. Iila Augur

No, it's a worn effect. Not a buff.
    roguerunner and Sancus like this.
  10. Hellboy007 Augur

So i am ignorant to these augs.. i do have the one combined 10% aug and just though it improved your damage by 10% across the board and healing..

though i recently learned its pretty much junk for bards.. all that work..
  11. Skiba New Member

Where can I pick up these augs? Cant find any info on the location of these.
  12. Triconix Augur

They're only available through raid vanquisher achievements. You need to get all 3 Decay achievements to get the first level of Decay Eye. You need to get all 3 Life achievements to get the Life eye. As you beat the 3 achievements per raid, you can click the eyes to gain new levels. Once you have them all, you combine them for a 10% heal/damage aug.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

From doing the raid achievements in TBM. Not sure why they need to be capped at 110 making them lose value if and when we eventually level past. Should be something like capped at level 150 so they keep value forever but don't modify AA and such at level 254 or whatever.
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

Have you seen how bad lifetap heals scaling has been compared to normal heals? When it crits and is exceptional then yes its great but how often does that happen?
  15. Triconix Augur

The cap was put in place because obviously they don't want the item to be useful forever. They probably will make new versions for higher levels.

I don't think they'll ever make the mistake of allowing for certain items to remain a shackle for people IE necro 2.0.
  16. RPoo Augur

hopefully tears of alaris will be useful forever
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Unlikely. Just until many have it, then they'll throw a new aug out that's easy to get.
  18. Weebaaa Augur

But it stacks with other worn effects, like fire focus on sleeves ?
  19. Sancus Augur

Worn focus effects on gear (e. g. sleeves) are a completely SPA, so yes they will both take effect. They're actually multiplicitave, as SPA 413 is applied to the base damage of the spell before (pretty much?) everything else.
    Weebaaa likes this.
  20. Weebaaa Augur

Well, that about does it then.
    Here comes my terrible envy of folks who are able to acquire these.
    So jelly