May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaliko Augur

From the perspective of a raider that groups with casuals, a majority of them cannot play their class even remotely close to the full capability a well played raider can which might give him the false perspective that this expansion does not cater to group game players. They need to truly ask around the top players and read the endless posts on how to play their class effectively and learn to fine tune it to their skills and get the timing down, etc.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Or, they could keep playing the game the way they always do, have fun while doing it and ignore this new server completely. Which one of those two things is more likely to happen?

Not every new server they come up with needs to cater to everyone. I have no intentions of playing on Quarm, but I am sure there are folks who will enjoy the summer distraction.
  3. Tanols Augur

Funny I was thinking Damsel of Decay and figuring out the mechanic to deal with the adds and to survive when she debuffs with Physicality. Even full TBM raid geared tanks get one rounded when that lands if it isn't dealt with in a timely and proper fashion.
  4. Kaliko Augur

That missions a walk in the park and not even complicated. You use a 2nd tank or enchanter to deal with the adds and if you pay attention she casts withering debuffs right around ~35% or so , so the key is to click flash, deflection, etc and check it fast for physicality and cure it either with pots , clickies or priest in your group. But the main trick is ensuring your healer isn't being stupid and using heals/stuff that cures or a high cure that can cycle the debuff twice.
  5. Kaliko Augur

What does this have to do with my comment? I'm confused.
  6. Ducreux Augur

So it's Friday of Memorial weekend, any update?
  7. Ootax Augur

I think the revenue increase quite a bit more than 10-15%, that is why they keep coming out with them. However even a 10%-15% increase in revenue for a business is pretty good.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Weverley Augur

My own unscientific poll when ragefire launch would have put the non live people made far more then the 10-15%.More like 30-40%.
  9. Mediik Augur

Interested in new server if I can play on live server at the same time.
  10. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Disappointed to read about another server, even temporary, with such rules. But hey, good luck to anyone who joins it and have fun on it!
  11. Arcainos Augur

Holly, can you comment on the resourcing of the EQ team now that EQNext is dead, specifically with respect to NOT re-doing the TBM disaster?

While I'm not a fan of the continued focus on progression because I'm not interested in that gameplay (like many other in this thread) I'm more concerned about the catastrophic impact continued focus on progression servers can/will have on the next expansion.

Has the team made any adjustments? What can the die-hard players on the live servers expect for Everquest this summer, and moving forward?
  12. Tanols Augur

I'm hoping to see a "campaign" like series of group tasks perhaps topped off by a 12 - 24 person mini raid to flag for a full 54 person raid with the option of doing it with 36 for a slightly different loot table. Rinse repeat that theme for a romp through re tuned Planes of Power that mirrors the old Planes progression. Place mulitiple bosses in the raid zone a la Citadel of Anguish, Crystallos, etc. Divide it up into staggered release every 3 months. Or something along those lines.

I really liked the direction they were going in SoD with raid force options and in RoF with using re tuned old world zones. Having more or less simple tank and spank mini bosses for augs a la Ashengate. The idea behind powering up Dichomatic spells based on progression completion.

I know some guilds will moan and complain about group content being required for raid flagging but something has to be done so guilds don't complete an entire expansions worth of content in a few weeks. Have people fully geared in a matter of months and then expect them to show up to the same events for the next 9 or 10 months.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.