May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brohg Augur

lol, all you mean by this is that the guild you raided with had crap dps.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I for one am very disappointed in the continued focus on TLP and other short term "cash grab" servers that do nothing to alleviate the issues facing Live servers which are what funded all the other servers and all the other games Daybreak has in it's portfolio past and present.

Why do you insist on spending revenue and resources on something that will only be viable for 2 or 3 months and ignore the long term health of the core game? Please for the love of whatever EQ diety you worship focus on the Live game and make an actual expansion similar to Rain Of Fear with a lot of diverse content instead of phoning it in like it was for the last 2 expansions.

Put more time into a new set of hardcore heritage zones, 1 or 2 zones for Live servers (Hello Gnome Mountain!) and maybe better anniversary content than a drunken gnome race and the group mobs to get to the raid mob fiasco that was the 17th anniversary.

You don't see Blizzard ignoring WoW and you don't see Wal-Mart ignoring rednecks. Cater to your target audience and stop focusing on whatever metrics are telling you that the temporary players are more important than your long term customers.
    Your_Ad_Here, Grove, Zeiss and 8 others like this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

No, see, they want people to actually play on the server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

merge with FV.
  5. Zoso Journeyman

This x 1,000,000.

The core game won't survive to host these little stunts if this continues to be the focus.
    Sancus, Gyurika Godofwar and Geroblue like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

You might as well just posted this in the TLP section.
    Iila, Gyurika Godofwar and Geroblue like this.
  7. GrandOpener Elder

Did you momentarily forget what game you are playing? Casuals aren't supposed to fight Nagafen.

I respectfully disagree. That would make it more stressful for the hardcore players, who are still 24/7 farming their minds out to get ALL the server firsts, and still not leave much crumbs for the people with "adult responsibilities."

Anything that is a race, of any scope and magnitude, will be dominated by the hardest of the hardcore players. It doesn't matter how many different weird objectives you add. It will be the same people who get server firsts on live and on the TLPs. If we want to change it so people with decent-but-not-extreme play time can participate, the rules would need to be changed to something like "anyone who competes the objective within a given time frame gets the rewards."
  8. Bewts Augur

Ive seen better looking garbage float out of the Freeport Sewers.

Holly you should really take 6 months off from decision making and play the game for what it is. You're so detached from the reality of what players want that you're playing Diablo.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tinytinker like this.
  9. Lonye Augur

Another True Box?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  10. Weverley Augur

To be fair to holly i think that seasonal server was more a columbus nova executive deciding to put it on then a devs idea.
  11. Numiko Augur

I cant see more then 150 (plus boxes) people ever playing on this server after the first few days, I mean if you are not in one of the two top guilds whats the point? why play on a sever where you know your characters and efforts will be wiped out in a month.with no chance of getting a reward at the end. ...

drop off will be huge if one guild surges ahead in gearing up for mata... you will know who is going to win by the end of the first week I bet. ..
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

While the wording kind of sucks and sort of implies that the first guild to kill OMM wins, i bet it will be guilds have X amount of time to kill OMM to get the rewards rather than the first to kill it. If it is the first guild only, the server isn't going to be a success for more than the 2 or 3 guilds vying for the top spot.
    Sancus and Potawatomi like this.
  13. Grummy_NB Augur

Dear Dev's

Thank you for the letter for the side projects. When can we expect the one for the mainstay of the Game?
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Sadly I expect the only thing live will get is another overpriced campaign "expansion" like TBM. It will be broken for six months for the lols. :(
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Ootax Augur

I agree, I don't think they meant a winner take all type thing. It more than likely will be something like you said and probably even get rewards based on certain targets killed. If not then it definitely will be a waste of time.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  16. Potawatomi Augur

"Based on your accomplishments on Quarm, you’ll be able to earn special rewards that can be claimed by characters on another server (live OR progression)."

Seems to imply there might be multiple rewards based on your progression through GoD. Regardless this seems like it will be fun.

I do wonder what the Exp rate will be, especially for AA. Will this have accelerated AA like live servers or will that be turned off and use something similar to the Era?

Edit - Didn't see Ootax's response.
  17. Maxe Augur

This could be good. I don't know if I'll have time for it, but it will be neat to see. I'm still enjoying progression server stuff. The economy is a little wrecked by the krono farmers (you know the same people who do it every TLP) but the community is pretty great. I've met a lot of really cool people, and even some fellow veterans who are easy to talk to. I also ran into a lot of long retired old school people from Prexus, which was one of my original homes, so that's neat. I kind of wish some of the non magical effect ornaments I spent hundreds of dollars on in LoN were useable on these servers though.

I loved the anniversary drunken gnome races, I almost finished a whole plate set which looks sick and I bought the gold clockwork set (even though it was a bit pricey). There were some instances where people thought we were farming the sets for money (as if we'd sell them lol) so they wouldn't clear the Unrest basement, but for the most part the community was pretty cool about it. We could use some more in game support for the afk campers that are ruining the market, nothing can be done about the resale people jacking stuff up. It's just silly when every new item costs krono or multiple krono.

I like the revamping and reverting to old models, it really brings back the nostalgia feel. To be honest the old mushroom skins are prettier anyway. It makes sense that as time progresses in Norrath that some things would change and gods would make things more difficult on the mortals. I've been so busy in TLP I haven't had a chance to check out the new expac, but the concept really appeals. I hope it goes on sale soon so I can snag up a collectors edition.

We could use a couple bonus experience weekends on TLP. Most of us are multiple toons at max level and we want to play more, try new classes etc but we don't want to spend countless hours toiling in lguk killing frogs - but at the same time a lot of people are coming to TLP now that Velious is unlocked and they want to catch up and progress with old friends. We could also use smaller instance requirements for zones like Velketor's Lab, which has about 5-6 legit camps, 3 of which can be handled by a single group. This is mostly for leveling purposes as the zone is great fun from like 43-60 pretty much and it provides decent loot for everyone.

Mostly a thumbs up lately guys. Good job. A little more in game support and tracking of the scammers would be nice if you can swing it. Especially on TLP.
  18. Machen New Member

No way it takes that long. Two or three weeks at most unless they nerf xp, maybe less. Omens itself was beaten in <3 days on the last progression servers including leveling 65-70, flagging and progression. With all the DPS increases since then, anguish itself shouldn't be hard at all, even for a somewhat undergeared raid, as long as the players are competent. A couple of weeks should be plenty to go 51-70 and gear up three tanks with FV rules. This is not something people will leave their current servers for, they'll just take a break for a week or two and then return home.
  19. Ootax Augur

I think it will take about a month myself but it will greatly depend on two things. The XP rate and the bosses themselves. If they are going to leave the difficulty as is, then it will be easy due to all the player changes made over the years(dps, mitigation, etc) if they make the bosses have some difficulty instead of a speed bump like they where on fippy then it could take longer.
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

will this server be blocking <<Software that shall not be named>> like the new True box TLP server?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.