May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reht The Dude abides...

Or maybe it's like D3, you have a period of time and anyone who does it within that time gets a reward, then the toons either get deleted or transferred to another server.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Hard to say, but a lot of people keep going back to D3 for this kind of gameplay.
  3. Sancus Augur

I like that idea very much.
    Reht likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

Actually making it pvp might be an interesting idea for that kind of server.
  5. Beggly Augur

I'm not sure I appreciate the concept that people might be playing on other servers while I am trying to interact with them. Shouldn't you be paying full attention to what you are doing on either server you might be on?
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

They are not mutually exclusive. I used to leave an alt logged in on another account when i was an officer in my guild for admin stuff, i am sure plenty of people do this. There are plenty of other reasons people do this other than trying to actively play two toons on different servers at one time. Or don't want to use offline trader, etc.
    Rivitt likes this.
  7. br3333nt Journeyman

Sounds perfect if it didn't reset :/
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Sounds perfect to me because it does reset, different strokes for different folks. I couldn't stand playing D3 live, but i kept going back every season since i knew i was committing to a specific time frame and then done.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Thank you for continuing to support this game <3
  10. shadowgod Augur

At the end of the day its a way to get more people playing and paying to play EQ. People have been asking for this for awhile.
    Sancus and Reht like this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I would rather enjoy my summer with BBQ grills and being outside than needing to spend 12 hours a day for three straight weeks just to be first and get a title/bag/ornament/illusion on my main.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
  12. Lifetap Augur

Will Quarm server be premium only?
    I assume it will be.

Will this server receive it's own dedicated subforum?
    Neither TLP nor veteran forums seem very appropriate. It's own dedicated subforum would also be great place to consolidate discussion.

Any hints on what kind of rewards we can expect?
    Rivitt likes this.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Super... a distraction to further increase summer attrition on Live servers... although maybe it will actually keep people around. This will certainly be an interesting summer.
    Reht likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

But they actually want people to play it.

Assuming they use the original keying it will be two steps. First, you will need to gather the Anguish signets (I think there are 7), they will be needed by each person and only one drops at a time and are from group mobs some are in group instances. Then you have to do the 6 MPG raids which give everyone in the raid a pie piece. Since the strats and audio triggers for these raids are well-known it should be the easier part.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

Dear Devs,

This sounds like a terrible, terrible proposed implementation of a great idea. First, we already know who is going to win. Anyone with real, adult responsibilities have ZERO shot at competing under this proposed rule set. Second, this type of server will be rife with grief, trains, dispelling, charm gating, zone disruptions, swarms, ground-spawn-sitting-orges, and every other dirty, nasty, dishonorable trick in the book that we all know you (DBG) does not have the resources, ability, or power to police or prevent. In short, this proposed rule set is dead on arrival.

If the race conditions were "guild-locked" - once you join a guild you are locked in - if you switch you would have to redo the individual step to gain that guilds credit for it. No inviting that person that has 15 personal steps done to get credit for it. Prevents guild-hoping to complete steps:

X number of raid targets beat at a certain level (or under leveled, like Vulak killed with no member of the raid greater than 57) - this would slow the rate of experience gained and force some real interesting gear, spell, and de-levelling choices - add some flavor

Certain number of prestige quests completed for each Class/Race -
    i.e. Plane of Sky quests for each class complete (like 4 or 6 to account for horrible RNG luck)
    All Epics for each class complete
    All Iksar class quest complete (Greenmist, Skyiron Cudgel of the Anicents, etc)
    Coldain Shawls and Rings on each class
    One Dozekar quest item complete on each class
    Signet Ears in Luclin for each class
    PoP Tradeskill quests done for each class
    BiC done for each class
    Etc, etc, etc, etc

Something like that would allow participation from people from all levels of free time. Now if I can only play half the time as most of my guildies I can contribute to guild success by completing one of the individual step quest requirements, or can farm materials for tradeskills, etc. Just racing to kill a final target without any intermediate steps is a grief-fest waiting to happen, and frankly we all know what the end result will be. Granted, my ideas will still result in grief, but with people spread over 6 expansions trying to complete steps - a lot more troublesome to attempt grief every step along the way, and people that do it wont be making progress themselves.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Coming from someone who doesn't play anymore, I will come back for this as will others.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  17. Geroblue Augur

I think all but the holiday weekend and the work on the next expansion is okay. Not inerested in the rest. And VoltrunVoltari is correct about what will happen.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

New server during the summer slow down... going to be extra fun on the live servers with even less online... *sighs&
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that you guys are over estimating how long it will take to finish. It'll be a month or two tops. Also, I think about the only people who are going to leave the live servers for this are those that want to do the race, so since most people who don't want to put in the time it will take to do that race are not going anywhere. If anything this is more likely to bring back a lot of people just for this, like Reht. People who enjoyed that era of raiding when it was a lot more than just dps that mattered.
  20. complexication Kassina

Not to mention with all the bugs and issues live servers still face...

On on end of the spectrum, if this brings back veteran players and reigns in some new ones, good! I'm all for that.
    On the other end...fix the problems the game already has before sloughing out a race to defeat Mata Muram that will be finished probably the same day it's launched, if the last handful of TLPs are anything to go by.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.