Need help with Beastlord gear for Phinigel!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, May 24, 2016.

1. topple good idea generator

Hi.
    I’m starting to acquire gear for my eventual change to beastlord on Phinigel when it releases and I’m looking for some help in gear selection.
    I’m going to try to have all of this stuff ready by day 1 so I can focus on leveling. With the exception of the earring of the solstice below, all items should be droppable so I can throw it on the BL and griiiiind.

Here is the list I have currently. I have a stash of krono I could spend if there is something I’m missing that is vital to the character but I am really looking just to get to max level so I can get some raid gear.

I would appreciate any ideas for the missing spots and if there is something you think I should get instead of what I have, let me know.

Thanks for your time guys.

Ear 1 Hammered Golden Hoop
    Ear 2 Earring of the Solstice
    Head White Dragon Helm
    Face ?
    Body Phase Spider Carapace
    Neck imperial Wardog Collar
    Arms Black Pantherskin Sleeves
    Back Hierophant's Cloak
    Waist Spiked Seashorse Hide Belt
    Shoulders Chokidai Hide Pauldrons
    Wrist 1 Hardened Clay Bracelet
    Wrist 2 ?
    Legs Black Pantherskin Leggings
    Hands Gauntlets of Fiery Might
    Boots Black Pantherskin Boots
    Ring Velium Fire Wedding Ring
    Ring Velium Fire Wedding Ring
    Range Golden Idol of Cazic Thule
    Primary Iksar Beserkers Club / Sebilite Croaking Dirk ?
    Secondary Stave of Shielding ?
  2. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Dump the Phase spider Carapace for a Fungi Tunic to start. Nothing beats that for leveling melee 1-40...
  3. Syrup Augur

Beastlord's can't wear fungi tunic.
  4. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Sorry Zam was being buggy, and couldn't pull it up to verify. So yeah, ignore the previous obviously.
  5. yerm Augur

I would suggest idol of the underking for ranged. You should find yourself healing similar to say a paladin, so grab a focus for it.

You'll probably cast a fair mix of offensive spells - cold nukes and pois/dis dots - so you may want ID3 and BA3 focuses. A mask of the dragon slayer as your face item would be the ideal for ID3, or alternatively a white dragon cloak. A BCG for BA3 would be ideal, but that means swapping haste and going CoF most likely, alternatively you can get coldain military wristguard MuQ instead.

You'll want the EE3 cloak from revamped hate at some point to round out your pre-raiding tradeable needs. Consider saving a few krono for one once they hit the market.

For your weapons, rock scepters of destruction if possible. I can't predict exactly how prices will pay out, but even just one would be a much better big ticket purchase than that white dragon helm. The helm is FAR better on someone's feet as boots.
  6. Maltanzar Journeyman

Beastlords can't use BCG. The BA3 wrist is a great option - although DoTs for beastlords have historically not been worth casting. It will be interesting to see if we end up with the new DoT implementation on spells, or the old. (Same spells - just modified for more damage.)

Also - Beastlord healing potential is not really close to a Paladin. (Identical to Rangers) There's a big difference between Greater Healing and Superior Healing. The Idol is probably a good starter, but not worth it once you get a good ranged slot. It will take you from 350 to 380ish average heals. (I suppose it also does increase pet heals, but that's kindof a niche role.)
  7. Voss Elder

Just looking at this I wonder how many Kronos it's going to take to get all that accumilated
  8. Chuuk Augur

On RF, you could get everything for about 20 krono...15 of that due to the white dragon helm.

I would imagine that if he waits until near the end of Vel to start buying this gear, he could get it at roughly the same prices.
  9. Aaramis Augur

Well, it all depends on one's twinking capabilities. You mentioned your time, and your funds, but not whether or not you have friends or a guild that'll help you out. If you have that, then really the sky is the limit.

Personally, I'd aim for Thurgadin BL armour if it's in with Luclin. You can easily pre-farm most stuff, then do the turn ins using MQing. The only catch is the faction, but that's where friends/guildmates come in - if they'll let you sponge faction hits for a night in Kael arena, you're golden.

Similarly, if your guild will let you park an alt on raids, and then raid on your current main until you get the BL up in levels, then that opens up a whole whack of other goodies. Ssra temple when Luclin goes live has a ton of nice weapons, but are pretty much all nodrop flag.

Just some stuff to chew on.
  10. Semah Augur

I thought that Velious armor could only be multi-quested to the same class?
  11. FaceHax New Member

idk how many of these items are released yet but I made this list a while ago :

Beastlord:

Ear Earring of the Solstice
    Neck Zlandicar's Talisman
    Face Mask of the Dragon Slayer
    Head Crown of Narandi
    Ear Bone-studded loop
    Ring Palladium Fire Opal Ring
    Wrist Dragon Hero Bracer
    Arms Hardened Grey Flesh Sleeves
    Hands Shissar Scaled Gauntlets
    Wrist Bracelet of Quickness
    Ring Palladium Fire Opal Ring
    Shoulder Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons
    Chest Phase Spider Carapace
    Back Cloak of Crystalline Waters
    Waist Belt of the Great Turtle
    Legs Brown Chitin Leggings
    Boots Shimmering Terror Hide
    Range Festive Doll
    Charm Blooddrinker's Vial

2HB - Gorewood Staff 37/40, 2.56 with Haste, Rec 40. Efficiency
    H2H - Khashek's Katar 12/20, 1.28 with Haste .9375
    H2H - Fist of Steel 13/21, 1.34 with Haste .9701
    H2H - Gold Inlaid Ulak 16/28, 1.80 with Haste .8888
    1HB Stave of Shielding 17/28, 1.80 with Haste .9444

Inventory
    Grobb Liquidized Meat
    Hero Sandwich
    Amulet of Necropotence (skelly form)
    Misty Thicket Picnic
    Qeynos Afternoon Tea

also this website :
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/User:Yther#Twink
    and this one :
    http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Velious_Pre-Raid_Gear
    you can pull items from both of those.

idk how the h2h scaling is going to be for BST but I would say the adamant club + gold inlaid ulak would give you speed/dps and level 1hb+h2h at the same time.
  12. Gremin Augur

Xp grind and acquire gear as you go. Its more satisfying at least to me. Dont forget to tradeskill as plenty of super nice items require it.
  13. Grandma Elder

studded acrylia armor can be made in Luclin and quite nice for a new beastlord.
  14. Banecrow Elder

This is a list of gear I have NOW in being prepared for Luclin to open.

Ear - Black Saphire Electrum Earring
    Neck - Wardog Collar
    Face - Crystal Spider Eyes (but I want Mask of the Dragon Slayer)
    Head - White Dragon Helm (well I have tormax's head just working on faction to do hand in)
    Ear - Black Saphire Electrum Earring
    Ring - Velium Fire Wedding Ring
    Wrist - Dragon Hero Bracer
    Arms - Nothing yet but I am going to have Black Panther Skin sleeves made
    Hands - Gauntlets of Fiery Might
    Wrist - Nothing but am looking for a Hero Bracer to buy
    Ring - Velium Fire Wedding Ring
    Shoulder - Obulus Death Shroud
    Chest - Phase Spider Carapace
    Back - Lodizal Shell Shield
    Waist - Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt
    Legs - Nathsar Leggings
    Boots - Nothing yet but am looking to buy Iksar Hide Boots
    Range - Othmir Prexus Totem

This is the gear I have for a vah shir bst, and is all available in Velious era. The nice thing is ALL this gear is tradeable.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  15. Catashe Augur

Ever think of the Black pantherskin bracers? sure they ain't the absolute best but gotta get something and there easy obtainable
  16. Banecrow Elder

Much rather have the higher AC and higher Str on a Hero Bracer over the 10 extra hp that the black panther one gives.
  17. topple good idea generator

Thank you all for the replies. Lots of good ideas I hadn’t considered.

I was planning on doing the thurg armor but I heard the rumor that the pieces could only be multi-quested from the same class as Semah mentioned above. Do any of you know if that is correct?

The Crown of Narandi is a good idea too over the white dragon helm. I wonder what the Narandi and Lodizal Shield will be selling for near when Luclin will release.
  18. yerm Augur

I fully expect white dragon helm to be among the most expensive items on the market for a long time. Crown of Narandi will probably start coming in once ring wars work in instances and people have had time to get to it.

Another option is to go cowl of mortality, which should likewise be much cheaper than WDH, and this lets you grab a lodi belt for attack and regen.
  19. Banecrow Elder

I would not count on the Crown right now, as it is only dropped from doing the 10th ring war and the 10th ring war is not working in the instanced version.
  20. ChaozRulezDK New Member

Hey

Im going for "Djarn's Amethyst Ring" as 1 of the rings.

gl on gathering gear :)