Finishing Blow Nerf?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, May 22, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Hey guys,

Pardon me if this was actually posted as a patch note, but I have never seen anything regarding a change. As I was in TDS killing dark blues finishing up some mercenary quests, I noticed my FB was not proc'ing as it normally would. To my memory, it use to be that there was a chance it would proc if a mob was dark blue (about 1-5 levels lower than you) and about 10% health - Now this is what it reads for a 105 w/ max AAs -

"This passive ability gives your critical melee attacks a 90% chance to deal 132,840 damage to level 97 and lower NPC targets with 10.5% or less health."

So...as one of the most progressively expensive AAs in the game, its basically useless given most of the mobs level 98+ are in CoTF content and higher. Thoughts?
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Yeah, AA's that make trivial content even more trivial, (and don't work at all in current content) tend to suck.

Moving Mountains ,I'm looking at you.
  3. Aghinem Augur

I know, I just...

I miss my finishing blow. :(
  4. Drakang Augur

Well to use the right term its not so much a nerf as just failing to update the AA to add new levels or tying the final level to be a few levels below your level. See Daybreak an easy way to through in another AA sink. 3 more levels of Finishing blow at 50 AA a pop.
  5. Ribeye Journeyman

It worked fine for me all day today in City of Bronze, nearly every mob got hit with it when they were low health.
  6. Weebaaa Augur

Yea, this.
    Actually I'd be willing to bet it's an oversight more than anything.
    Finishing blow has been around forever, might want to issue tracker this one. Or however you go about getting clarification of things nowadays