Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alekyne Journeyman

Has to be a troll.
    Quility likes this.
  2. Angahran Augur

I can see where Heather purrs is coming from.
    Before the patch, for example, she had Spell Shield 48/35 (so, she had 48 points of spell Shield but could only use 35 of them).
    After the patch she has 35/45 (so she has 35 and can increase to 45).
    So, she has the same effective Spell Shield as before the patch but the question is where did the 13 points go ?
    Wouldn'the it be reasonable to expect to be at 48/45 after the patch ?

So, yes, she has 'lost' stats (even though when she had them they were of zero use).
  3. Derd Augur

No that is not how it was to work. The extra staff that did nothing before are now on your plus stat, agility , strength ... side. Will now contribute towards the ability to raise previously capped stats. It's not rocket science look at her stats on the page.
  4. Goranothos Augur

Started a thread about it in the Veteran's Lounge, but I'll point it out here also. Mage pets (and probably BL and Necro pets) are taking very noticeably more damage since the patch. I did a Gribble yesterday and the difference was very apparent, both with my 101 air pet and 104 earth pet. I have EM23 and the pets had full shammy buffs. Two pulls were very spikey and the healer merc struggled. Before the patch, two pulls were no sweat at all for the healer merc. Since I didn't see anything in the patch notes about pets being "adjusted", I'm guessing some of the equipment the pet comes summoned with got screwed up/nerfed, probably the Enhanced Minion cloak.
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

Exactly. Plus I see zero progress towards the new caps on all the stats. How would I even know if I was improving?
  6. Triconix Augur

Then you're blind.

You didn't lose a single stat of anything. You gained stuff.
    Let's start from top left:
    1. You gained 40 heroic strength
    2. You gained 20 heroic stamina (roughly 150-200hp or so)
    3. You gained around 50 herioc agil
    4. You gained 100 dexterity
    5. You gained 12 combat effects
    6. You gained 30 accuracy

Where are you seeing places you lost stats? You're just trolling at this point.

You actually gained power by doing absolutely nothing besides complaining (on a topic you're incorrect about). I'd say that's a pretty good deal. If I were a dev, I'd single you out and actually give you negative stats just to watch you squirm and complain even more...but that's just the evil side of me.
  7. HeatherPurrs Augur

No. all those gains were from gear upgrades since I posted the first screen shot.

Where did all my heroic mods stats that were over 35 go? Where do i see my progression towards these new caps?
  8. HeatherPurrs Augur

Heh, Nope I did not gain by doing nothing. I'm so close to just going FTP and watching this game die and watching you not get a refund for your remaining subscription it's not even funny. I quit this game for 10 years and frankly I've got no problem quitting again.
  9. Triconix Augur

No, they weren't. You just don't understand this very basic concept:
    Mod2 stats were converted to heroic stats

The new caps of mod2s are considered "heroic mod2s" In other words, you need to gain X amount of heroics in order to raise them now. Everybody was well beyond capped in mods2, but they only worked up until the cap, not past it. So shielding was 35, Avoidance was 150, etc, etc.

Everybody is still at that cap, but now have the ability to progress further by acquiring heroic stats. Every 400 to a heroic, you will gain 1 point of a specific mod2.

The only thing this patch did was instantly make a PC stronger compared to what they were prior to the patch. It was literally impossible to become weaker due to this.
  10. Sancus Augur

I understand what you're saying, but a reasonable person would've stopped complaining after having the change explained repeatedly. Their character increased in power at the cost of a meaningless and largely misleading number on the stats page. The intent of this change is not to make everyone have 45% shielding, but rather to give a little bit of meaning to stats that have meant nothing since like TBS.
    Read the OP. Or the tooltip on your stats page. It is impossible to even get close to capping these, but you can make small gains with increases in heroics.
    Sheex, Sindaiann and Warpeace like this.
  11. HeatherPurrs Augur

I see, so I get an even more difficult task of raising stats back to where they once were. I didn't work for and earn those points... They were free!
    Hey besides they didn't do anything, cause lack of planning and stuff, so ya know, we'll "fix" this.

Congrats customers! The heroic mods work again! You get to earn the ones you earned, all over again and on an even more difficult path! Isn't that awesome! You're better off we swear! We just stole a few heroic mod points from you! DB- "We come in peace!" /backstab
  12. Onstill New Member

Just throwing my 2 cents in here.

First to answer one of HeatherPurrs questions. To see your progress toward the next point mouse over any of the abilities. It will say where your relevant heroic stat needs to be to get the next cap increase.

The best way to raise them as a group geared player is augs. Try to focus on a particular stat to raise the ones that you need to most.

To try to answer her overall question in a more generic way. Daybreak wanted to increase the max possible on these stats. But they had to find a way to do it that wouldn't have people instantly at 50% damage mitigation or something else ridiculous like that that would break balance. They figured the best way to do that was to tie it to a large number of a particular heroic stat. Its a good idea and lets them grow the system. They could have just let the heroic stats increase the cap and still show your larger number of that stat (48/36). Kind of like it shows on resists as your resist cap is raised via AA. This is still a hard cap as the second number in an 48/36 type number is what you can actually have, it caps the first number. So 48/36=36. However they figured this was a opportunity to do some database cleanup by tying it directly to your heroic stats. That let them delete all the table data for those stats that are now tied to heroic stats. Saving a ton of database space that will make the game run faster.
  13. Warpeace Augur

You are either Trolling or really have no clue how any of this works and just refuse to listen to anyone that has posted in an actual attempt to help you understand. Fact was the old Mod 2 caps were useless as many had already doubled what was usable....you were capped and could no exceed it even if you were 50/25 the 25 was the max and the other 25 were just wasted sitting there. They added room for future growth and you will not re max those this expansion or next. Your problem is you want it all now and can't stand seeing 25/35 on the newer version where you actually lost nothing and is more a correct representation of where we were before the change.

Feel free to stop paying your account and go FTP if you cant understand how this change actually works.
    Feldon, Quatr and Sindaiann like this.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

Lol this made me laugh. Based on some of the things you said, its clear you don't understand you did improve, you have room now for growth into and beyond another expansion with mods2 now, and this was all a benefit.

Well said.

Stop complaining. You got slightly better as people pointed out. Now go out get a full set of TBM group gear, some new augs, BIS type 5s and vendor 32s and watch some of those values marginally grow some more!

Isn't it fun? :)
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

I'll say it one more time.
    I lost stats that I earned.
    This was not a boost it was a nerf.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You lost the person here man. They've been a one person complaint crusade for the last week or so on any and every possible topic, with the fun side note of almost all of it being factually wrong, and then peppered with "DBG is oppressing me, I'm quitting" for good measure.

My favorite thus far was the thread where they claimed rogues and zerkers had better survivability than monks, and despite literally everyone objecting to the assertion, head remained in sand. This thread appears to follow that trend.
    Quatr and Sindaiann like this.
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

The problem is the "stats that you earned" were meaningless. We were playing with Zimbabwe cash. The stats kept inflated for years by a fixed % due to using an excel spreadsheet and upping all stats by X% (often around 13%). No one has literally cared about mod2s if they are in raid gear over the past DECADE+.

The devs just finally got around to fixing the problem. They made it so no one lost anything they effectively had, then put in a mechanism to get something no one ever had.

So stop complaining about a perceived gold star sticker being "taken" from you, and start being happy that with nominal gear gains you can get a bite of that filet mignon reward.
    Quatr and Sindaiann like this.
  18. HeatherPurrs Augur

Awesome lie. Typical.
  19. Derd Augur

You can't lose something that had zero value, it's really that simple. Maybe a yes no question might help.
    Hp, do you understand that anything over cap in mod 2 did nothing, before ?
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Alrighty then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.