Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brudal Augur

Still at work so I can't check; did

gain any points of Heroic Dexterity from the Combat Effects conversion?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This change could be a precursor to this years new content! ;)
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Yep

[IMG]
    Brudal likes this.
  4. Brudal Augur

Nice, would have to assume the Agility gained Dex as well but maybe only 1; will need to swap some augs now.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

The mod2s that had their caps moved from 35 to 45% are scaling properly. At 400 and every 400 interval you gain 1 point.

The others are not scaling right. They are supposed to scale evenly from 400 to 4000 according to the post, but do not seem to be.

Damage shield mitigation (Hstr)

It is starting at 400 and every 160 points, but this means that it maxes at +23 above the old cap (i.e. 48 cap instead of 50) at 3920 Hstr. - It should go up every 150 points, so you have 26 at 400 and hit 50 at 4000.

Avoidance (Hagi)

It is starting at 400 and every 20 points you gain one, but this means when it hits 4000 it is going to cap at 281 instead of 300. - It should go up every 18 points, so you have 101 at 400 and 300 at 4000.

Accuracy (Hdex)

It is starting at 400 and every 26 points you gain one, but this means you will cap at 289 accuracy at 3988 dex. It should go up every 24 points, so you have 151 at 400 and 300 at 4000.

Combat Effects (Hdex)

It is starting at 400 and every 160 points you gain 1, but this means you will cap at 123 accuracy at 3920 dex. It should go up every 150 points, so you have 101 at 400, and hit 125 at 4000.

So it seems whoever did this failed at math =P
  6. Makavien Augur

It would be nice if they hurried up and released some combo augs that have agil and dexterity with 45+ac and 150+hp not really happy looking at replacing 45+ac 150+hp augs with 8 heroic dexterity with 40ac 0hp and 8 heroic agility augs since there is no where close to 12 45+ heroic agil augs that are more warrior oriented with hp instead of knight oriented with mana.

I know 1200 hp in not a whole lot but I like going forward instead of backwards in all relevant stats. And mana helps me in no way.

And for tanks we could really use heroic str stamina dexterity and agility to be super saiyan.
  7. HeatherPurrs Augur

8. Abazzagorath Augur

Please learn how the game works before complaining.

Your picture itself shows you were given MORE power. You went from 120 to 150 accuracy. None of your other mod2s changed. You're still at the old caps on the others.
    RPoo and Sancus like this.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

All I see are lost points...
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

59/35 = 35

35 was the cap, anything over was counted as 35, for example.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You gained 12 Combat effects, 30 accuracy and all your other mod's stayed at the old cap leaving you with a few gains and the rest are exactly the same.

Under the old system you might have seen 49/35 shown on strike through but the value you actually got was 35 since that was the cap. Under the new system you still have a value of 35 and it has the possibility of increasing as you get better gear.
    Feldon and Sancus like this.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

I don't believe in "hidden advancement" in EQ boys. I lost stats. That's what I see. That's the reality.
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

Just...wow. So you had nothing but gains, and are still complaining, just...wow.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You lost numbers that didn't mean anything and did nothing for you other then make the value appear to be larger.
    Feldon and RPoo like this.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

Heatherpurrs, you're reading the stats incorrectly between the before and after screenshots.
    That's what others are trying to point out.
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

OK guys. Thanks for your help! So in T3 TDS and TBM group gear I've made zero progression on my stats. Gotcha! If only I had more time to play? Right DB?
  17. Sancus Augur

I have no idea what you're talking about. The only things this patch did was A) Increase some of your mod 2's and B) Increase your potential for gaining more mod 2's in the future. I can't find the link between those changes and whatever it is you're on about.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. HeatherPurrs Augur

1. All I see is lost stats.
    2. Where people are pointing out "gains" there are now new caps or much higher caps.
    3. I even though I've worked my butt off at this "game" I see zero progress towards these new caps.
    4. This is DB, Sony, SOE, Verant we are talking about, I don't trust them, at all. That's putting it mildly.
  19. Khat_Nip Meow

Heatherpurrs,
    Here's your "before" screenshot. Note the area outlined in red on the right. Before the changes that was the max you could have, regardless of what your worn was immediately to the left of that number. (Maximum you 'wear' to the left, max you 'can' have based on cap to the right).
    [IMG]

Now to the "after" screenshot. Since the change you'll see that the caps on the right have been increased so you now actually make use of the mod2 values that you hadn't before (the area outlined in red, these are now your current numbers) and the different ways they relate to your Heroics and other factors; like AC, HPs, etc.
    [IMG]
  20. Dzarn Developer

I tip my hat to the patience, conscientiousness, and civility that many of you are presenting in this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.