Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancelove Augur

Curious on the Ranger dot consolidation since rangers are so...meh...will we get a bump up in dps anywhere in there? :)
  2. Balisarius New Member

I'm finally done with this game... Daybroke is the worst thing that has happened to this game in it's history... I'm done. No more playing the same game year after year without any real change in character besides watching stats go up... (which really means jack ... its all relative).... this game is clown shoes now.
  3. Balisarius New Member

Me and my lvl 105's are out! Peace! ~Mic drop~
  4. Lenowill Augur

Presumably because the damage bonus from what HStr already passively does is supposed to be the main justification for focusing on HStr.

If the scaling on that bonus is too low, then that is the main issue regarding HStr that needs to be brought to the devs' attention.
  5. Dropfast Augur

No the point is that according to many people here, Dex was already as good or better than HStr. Now, Dex is getting 2 offensive mods attached to it while Str gets none. This makes no sense what so ever. So Dex gets 2 offensive mods, Agi gets one(?), Str gets nothing? How is that fair or balanced at all?

Were calling as it is, which is this is going to nerf to Str builds. Maybe not right away but it defiantly will down the road. They already hinted that the 400 to 1 ratio is just for now, and may be changed down the road some. All anyone is going to get is max of + 3-4 to CE, Acc., Strikethrough, for now. But say they change the ratio to 200 to 1 or 100 to 1, Dex will pull far ahead of Str.

They have a chance with these changes to make it to where our builds are more customize-able. Which is great! But with 0 offensive mods tied to Str, It takes away the choice and Dex will be the only way to go. At least now it's debatable, but it won't stay that way if this doesn't get changed.

I makes much more sense to have Accuracy and/or Strikethrough on Str, and Combat Effects and/ or Accuracy on Dex. Why the hell Agi has Strikethrough attached to it is anyone's guess.

I see they are making to where 2 of the older augs can be toggled between their different types but this needs to be done with all the augs like that. I've spent years getting the best Str augs. It's BS that everyone who went for Str are now going to be punished in 2 ways. First having our choice of build nerfed AND now we all will have to re-farm half our aug sets as well. Including some augs that are not easily farm-able.

Wither your a Str fan or not, you know this is bull. If Str is really worse overall like some Dex fans say, then Str should be getting TWO offensive mods attached to it then and Dex should get 1, and Agi 0. By your guys logic. At the very least, Str should have at least 1 of the 3 offensive mods tied to it and you know it. This is a very poor design model.
    Kohnn likes this.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

Everything they do is intended to force people to play longer. The next expansion if they can bungle it out the door, with even more bugs, bad story lines, and flat out broken content, will nerf some more and take the game one step closer to closing.

The few diehard players that are left are avoiding this on the TLP servers. Very few max level players on the regular servers left.

They won't even merge servers because they want to stop making expansions and just live off the cash cow that is the TLP servers.
  7. Riou EQResource

Using minimal AA + Maxed Mod2 (35%) - Warriors and Berserkers maxed at level 70, hybrids at 95, monks at 80 or 85 (monks with max AA and level are at around 125% pre mod2 of any kind, for example).

The only one not maxed are Rogues and they are still at like 90% or something.

That is what I'd call a dead stat tbh :p
  8. Triconix Augur

How is Hstr getting nerfed?

Not gaining power =/= nerfed. The power of Hstr is staying exactly the same for dps. Hdex is getting stronger, but that doesn't mean that another stat is getting nerfed. Now, the ratio of power between Hstr and Hdex is shifting more to HDex now, but that still doesn't constitute as a nerf. In order for a nerf to occur, you need to lose power compared to it's current version. In no way, shape, or form, is Hstr losing power compared to it's current state.

If many people parsed and proved that HDex was equal or greater than HStr, why were dps people choosing Hstr in the first place? Who's at fault if they decided to gear in a less-than-optimal way?

I've never joined TLP and I have 2 maxxed characters. Generalizing is probably not the smartest of things to be doing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Tanols Augur

Shrug type 7/8 augs account for @ 200 in heroic stat rest is type 5/gear.
    Sucks that EQ tossed some folks a big fat curve ball and they are going to have to either suck it up, roll with the punches, and get down to work or they can sit in a corner crying poor me poor me!! Guess what ... That's life !!!

In a matter of minutes and some plat you can do a total swap of HStr for HDex and be within range of max on that stat. A little time and some help from friends or a box team you can farm the best set of HDex with the exception of a few (PoWar Raid aug, Anniv only events, etc.) Basically its not the end of the world and who knows you might just find that HDex = more dps like everyone is claiming.
  10. Tanols Augur

Another odd ball thought is IDK how beneficial DS mitigation is but for dual weilders that could be difference between life and death. Double the swings, double the damage taken.
  11. segap Augur

Those using hStr are not losing anything with this change. Yes, hDex will get a very, very slight boost at this time. None of the parses I've seen people post show any meaningful boost. Any meaningful boost will likely be 2-3 expansions away. Plenty of time to obtain new augs while all the old ones you're worried about will become obsolete. All the single heroic +8 augs with 40 or less ac will likely be garbage by the end of the year. The 45 ac ones will be borderline.

Start collecting the TBM +9 and +12 hDex augs . Bank them. Next expansion, start getting the new hDex augs. Combined with the multi-heroic rewards like sliver-etched coin, relife, shawl, parrot, hero's calling, right eye of sul, shimmering black pearl, etc, you should be set to make the switch well before the boost becomes more than just parse noise.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  12. Makavien Augur

I agree with you and it seems little thought was put into this change about how it would affect part of the playerbase both melee that went heroic str and tanks that went heroic dex.

I find it odd Heroic Stamina = shielding also which is mitigation which heroic agil added + dodge and ac which = Mitigation/Avoidance while heroic dex added + block, parry ,and riposte (all 3 of which= avoidance) .

Maybe if they didn't stack so much offensive stuff onto heroic dex they could add avoidance to heroic dex which makes more sense than agility which should affect shielding instead.

Not to mention no tanks Focused much on heroic Stamina before so we should still be able to focus on heroic agil +heroic dex .
    Heroic agil focusing on mitigation like it mostly did before this change .
    Heroic dex focusing on avoidance which it also did before this change.

To me it really is silly since most heroic agility augs have less ac and a lot of the higher ac ones have 0 hp which is just dumb for tanks.
  13. Triconix Augur

I don't agree.

Look at the definition of the word(s)

Agility - The quality or state of being agile.
    Agile - Ability to move quickly and easily

It makes perfect sense for agility to affect avoidance mod2 as it's directly related to your 'Avoidance AC.' Agility has nothing to do with mitigation or reducing damage intake. Agility has everything to do with making it harder for a mob to hit you. It would make no sense to integrate shielding with agility.

Dexterity - Skills in performing tasks with the hands

It makes sense that dex increases your block, parry, and riposte chances. All these actions deal with hand/eye coordination, which is the very definition of dexterity. It would make no sense whatsoever to integrate avoidance with dexterity.

Stamina - The ability to sustain physical or mental effort.

Getting hit repeatedly and being able to withstand that perfectly reflects the definitely of Stamina.

The devs is a very good job of deciding where to migrate mod2s into certain heroics. The only fault is possibly putting strike through will agility rather than strength. Other than that, a strong argument can be made why they put accuracy/combat effects into Dex. Having good skill with your hands would make it logical for you to be more accurate at hitting something. How would being stronger make you more accurate?
  14. Makavien Augur

Way to use part of the definition of dexterity
    Simple Definition of dexterity
    : the ability to use your hands skillfully
    : the ability to easily move in a way that is graceful
    : clever skill : the ability to think and act quickly and cleverly

Simple Definition of agile
    : able to move quickly and easily

: quick, smart, and clever

Also real life has absolutely nothing to do with a game my points were all from within everquest.
    Endurance has nothing to do with mitigation either.
    If they put anything on stamina it should have been endurance regeneration upping the amount we gain on that skill also. Which is horribly outdated.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, that is a stupid person purposefully giving out AAs to classes that are worthless to them. Back in 2011, we monks explicitly told the Dev in charge of of AAs at the time that 6/15 strikethrough AA, 3/4 tactical mastery AA, and 35% worn from gear maxed us out. And yet we have since gotten at least 2 more ranks of TM that I do not believe do anything else. We were even told he was going to look into changing them but nothing ever happened.

The Extra AAs that do nothing should be removed and replaced. The AAs are what was dead not the stat.
  16. Triconix Augur

Dexterity has always been used to refer movement pertaining with your hands or mental adroitness. I simply used the primary of the word dexterity.

It's pretty uncommon to interchange the words dexterous and agile as they normally imply different characteristics. While agile normally describes full-body movements, especially the lower body, dexterity refers to mental capacity or hand movements. Saying somebody is agile like a cat for instance means they are quick and light on their feet. I'm not going to say somebody is dexterous like a cat.

It's for that reason why it makes perfect sense why dodge and avoidance should be tied into agility while parry/riposte is tied into dexterity.

There's a reason why a person good with both their hands is called ambidextrous, not ambi-agile.

If you want to look at in-game points, then Everquest does a very good job tying in real-life associations with their names, descriptions, mechanics, etc. One of the first Agil buffs for Shamans was Feet like Cat. One of the first Dex buffs was Spirit of Monkey. What are the two main characteristics of these animals? Everquest ties them in perfectly. Monkeys/Apes are known for swinging around trees with their hands, while cats are known to very good foot speed and quick reflexes.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

ok not losing anything = nerf then call it whatever you want. Forcing people to remove AUGS that one time meant something and now going forward will not for that class and forcing them to re think their entire mind set and aug set and THEN having to get new augs? OK Screw the nerf term then lets call it str classes getting sand bagged ......BETTER NOW?
    Dropfast likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

You're throwing a fit about a > 1% increase to accuracy and proc increases right now. Seriously? That comes out to what, 100-200 dps? You have PLENTY of time to make the stat conversion without seeing any noticeable loss in your power compared to your guildies who went the Dex route from the get go.

The difference gained right now is about 4 procs per hour. If each of your procs is 20k damage, the gain is a staggering 22 dps.

In the 10.4 hour time period, the different in hits was around 1250 hits. That's around 120 hits per hour or 2 hits per minute. How much damage are you seriously going to see? Under full burns you may see an increase of around 500-800 dps lasting upwards of two minutes and then it drops down significantly to maybe 50-200 dps.

In the 10+ hour parse posted, the total dps difference was around 80 dps.

In the end, does it really matter that much that you honestly have to thrown a tantrum like a 3 year old boy who didn't get enough ice cream? If that's such a tragedy in your life, your life is pretty darned good, imo.
  19. MrMajestykx Augur

you sure you wanna roll with those numbers ??
  20. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

It would be cool if there were more combo augs in the future.

For example:
    8 STR 8 DEX = melee
    8 DEX 8 AGI = tank
    8 STA 8 DEX = other tank
    8 STA 8 AGI = other other tank, maybe int/priest
    8 INT/WIS 8 AGI = int/priest
    8 INT/WIS 8 STA = other int/priest

Type 5 augs:
    11 all heroics, 32 STR, 32 DEX = melee
    11 all heroics, 32 DEX, 32 AGI = tank
    11 all heroics, 32 STA, 32 DEX = other tank
    11 all heroics, 32 STA, 32 AGI = other other tank, maybe int/priest
    11 all heroics, 32 INT/WIS, 32 AGI = int/priest
    11 all heroics, 32 INT/WIS, 32 STA = other int/priest

This would make augs more distinguished in terms of which classes would like to get them.

Normal gear could also have the same type of distinction.

p.s. Yay gear choices :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.